Looking ahead.. old nemesis Carson Palmer returns

Not very excited about Palmer (coming off a 400+ yard game) coming in here next week. With his history of beating us (9-4 lifetime) as well as some show stopping performances at M&T, I think we will see some cringe-worthy moments next Sunday from our defense. Thankfully, the Raiders defense is pretty bad, and they don't travel well as a team coming cross country.

Blog Entries

Re: Looking ahead.. old nemesis Carson Palmer returns

You should probably watch him again, he isn't anywhere near what he used to be as an NFL QB. He threw 2 or 3 costly interceptions today, I don't understand why your worried by him at all, Weeden had well under 200 passing yards against us, and he's probably just the same or even slightly better at this point in Palmers career.

This is a game I am actually probably the most confident I've been all year, even more so than KC who I had a feeling where going to give us problems. I just think the Raiders do not match up well against us, they are really going to struggle to stop Ray Rice too.

Blog Entries
    Hopefully McFadden will be out. He got hurt today maybe a sprained ankle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Why be worried about Palmer?

He threw for 400+ and 4 TDs today, and our secondary is ass. I don't think the Raiders will win here but to brush it off like it's no big deal, like the Ravens will win without breaking a sweat, is nuts.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Blog Entries
    Sometimes he looks great, sometimes it's noodle arm. I have no idea

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenboy2003 View Post
    Not very excited about Palmer (coming off a 400+ yard game) coming in here next week. With his history of beating us (9-4 lifetime) as well as some show stopping performances at M&T, I think we will see some cringe-worthy moments next Sunday from our defense. Thankfully, the Raiders defense is pretty bad, and they don't travel well as a team coming cross country.
    And we aren't excited about your predictable doom and gloom threads and posts.

Look I've always known you to be a smart alleck/nervous nelly/doom and gloomer but this simply is just a little over the top.

The Raiders plain and simple suck. Even if Palmer has a flashback to 2005 it'll be hard to make plays from the bench especially if Ray Rice is running wild.

Blog Entries

People are always going to be obsessed with how many yards a dude threw in a game, wow he threw for 400 yards, guess what? They lost the game. He threw two costly interceptions in key moments. I'll take a guy throwing for only 150 yards over that as long as he's throwing TD's and not INTS. Lets go back a year, Kevin Kolb makes his debut for Arizona and throws for over 400 yards, guess what? The guy isn't good and doesn't win games.

The Raiders were playing catch up all through that game, and Tampa don't have the best defenses in the world, of course Palmer is going to throw a bunch of times for a bunch of yards, btw a lot of those yards came from little dump and screen passes.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Sometimes he looks great, sometimes it's noodle arm. I have no idea
    That's how he was as a Bengal, after the knee shredding.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CincyCat View Post
    That's how he was as a Bengal, after the knee shredding.
    Yeh he really is a bipolar kinda qb. Raiders are stuck with that contract for now but he will likely be a backup somewhere soon

10. Re: Looking ahead.. old nemesis Carson Palmer returns

Palmer doesn't worry me.
    Cam worries me.

If he goes run, run, pass for most/all of the game again, we're going to be in for a long, hard game.
    Same if he forgets about the run altogether again.

How is it Harbs thinks he doesn't need to intervene when Cam pulls a Cam?
    He's pulling a Cam, John! He's pulling a Cam!!

Quote Originally Posted by PerpetuallyBored74 View Post
    Palmer doesn't worry me.
    Cam worries me.

If he goes run, run, pass for most/all of the game again, we're going to be in for a long, hard game.

The Ravens are multiple well balanced offense at home so I don't think play calling will be a problem.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PerpetuallyBored74 View Post
    Palmer doesn't worry me.
    Cam worries me.

you may want to download the playbook and see what their plays really were, and it wasn't run/run pass most of the game.