Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Jamison has reached a new level of tool-ism.

I guess Mike Pereria is now in the tank for the Steelers?

Mike Pereira ‏@MikePereira

PIT/NYG game the question is did he have complete control of the ball when the hand started forward? Cont...

Mike Pereira ‏@MikePereira

Leavy felt ball was loose after contact by Osi. Very tight play. I think he still had control. In my opinion it was an incomplete pass.

Quote Originally Posted by downside52 View Post
    While I see your point, I will counter that ESPN has not labeled his column as an editorial, and further he does not present his opinions as opinions but rather as a statement of fact.
    he is a blogger.

Quote Originally Posted by Sua Sponte View Post
    Not sure what you were watching and regardless of who the QB was it was a Fumble. The ball was moving in his hand before going forward, not much but it was moving. As much as I would not have liked it if it was Flacco I would still except it, especially because it was called a fumble on the field.
    It should have been called an incomplete pass on the field. It should have been reversed and called an incomplete pass on review.

His hand was coming forward with the ball in it. He did lose his grip and couldn't make a decent throw, but he had the ball in his hand and his hand was going forward.

I'm not saying I *want* that situation to be an incomplete pass. But normally NFL officials would call it one. They made an exception yesterday, and I do not weep for the Steelers getting screwed.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

The tuck rule does not apply, the tuck rule applies to a QB who stops during the throwing motion and begins to tuck the ball away. Roethlisberger's fumble, and it was a fumble, was caused by a hit BEFORE his hand started forward and the ball was loose to some degree from then on. That is why he lost the ball, because when he tried to stop the throw it came out because he had not had control of it since his hand and the ball were hit.

Blogger with opinion or biased journalist, in either case you should at least research the rule before spouting off about it.

At first blush I thought it was a pass, but after replay I thought it was clear it was a fumble.

As for the clip, yes, they missed it. It happens all of the time. Send your complaint to the league office and your apology letter will arrive shortly thereafter, just as it happens every week with several teams.

Massengil is in aisle 5 to help with your hurting mangina, bitch.