Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries

Re: Is it time to bring Hamilton or Kindle off the PS?

If Ray does indeed hang them up next year I can see us moving to a 4-3, which prob should've happened a few years ago. But like said above we need another DE that isn't useless.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by goodandfast View Post
    And, being that we're winning, hard to justify rolling the dice with relative unknowns like Hamilton and Kindle.
    Kindle isn't an unknown. He's just not good.

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    Kindle isn't an unknown. He's just not good.
    We dont know how good he is... When has he had any real game time to show anything.... I tell you one thing, there is no way he can be any worse.. Qb's have time to cook dinner, take a nice dump, and then throw for a first down....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JustaslowZ06 View Post
    If Ray does indeed hang them up next year I can see us moving to a 4-3, which prob should've happened a few years ago. But like said above we need another DE that isn't useless.
    It would be silly switching to a 4-3 next year because we simply do not have the personnel to do that and would have to bring in a lot of new faces. If we stick to what we've been good at (until this year), we can get back to be going great by just re develop this defense in no time, bringing in some new young talented players in the draft, and some good solid vets from FA.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Like I said, if they were ANY good, they'd be playing.

The league is filled with good athletes, it doesn't mean they'd give us a better chance to win.
    Not saying significant snaps. And if talent wise is even obviously they are gonna go with the more experienced guys, all im pointing out is the lack of athleticism is glaring and the people that complain about blitzing have to look at it from the standpoint that if you know the guys cant get there your not gonna send exotic blitzes every play. It's a recipe for disaster. This defense is gonna need alot of work in the offseason im just throwing out the idea that on some 3rd downs we can replace one or more players that arent getting to the QB with someone that can close on the QB if a blitz is drawn up effectively. You can roll out 11 good, smart football players out and if you dont have enough guys that can stick their foot in the dirt and get to spot then your defense isnt gonna be very good. Case and point this year's Ravens. The pass rush today was beyond pathetic and it's been that way for much of the season.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    It would be silly switching to a 4-3 next year because we simply do not have the personnel to do that and would have to bring in a lot of new faces. If we stick to what we've been good at (until this year), we can get back to be going great by just re develop this defense in no time, bringing in some new young talented players in the draft, and some good solid vets from FA.
    Debatable.

RE - Suggs, Upshaw, McClellan, Hamilton
    DT - Ngata, Tyson, Hall
    NT - Cody, Kemo, Art
    LE - McPhee, Kruger, McAdoo

WILL - Ellerbe, Ayanbadejo
    MIKE - ?
    SAM - McClain, Bynes

Wouldn't be too difficult to pick up a couple of 4-3 LB's either and draft some 4-3 guys as well.

Daryl Smith, for example.

There are also several really good LB prospects that would be good fits in a 4-3 vs a 3-4. Jon Bostic, Jelani Jenkins, Steve Greer, Gerald Hodges, Khaseem Greene, Arthur Brown, Shaq Wilson...
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

I'd like to see what Hamilton's got, but from everything I've gathered, the guy is as raw as you can possibly imagine.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Look, I wanted Kindle to succeed, to overcome, to be this King Surge. But medical issues aside, he just isn't as good as we thought perhaps? I mean a bust is a bust no matter what misfortune befell him. Even if he hadn't fallen and cracked his head open he might not have been that good in the first place on an NFL field.

Brian Bosworth was supposed to be a world beater, well, he wasn't. Time to give him the Dan Cody award and move on.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    We already play alot of 4-3 with Suggs being that DE. Ngata and Cody as the DT's and now you need another pass rushing DE, either through the draft or FA. Upshaw can be the Sam or maybe that other DE and pick up another LB. McClellan has shown he's got game and we already have McClain under contract for the Sam or Will. iggest question would be the Mike position, draft or FA.

Bottom line we're gonna need to get the same amount of personnel through the draft or FA anyway as we REALLY need 3 fresh starters on the front 7.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravensghost View Post
    We dont know how good he is... When has he had any real game time to show anything.... I tell you one thing, there is no way he can be any worse.. Qb's have time to cook dinner, take a nice dump, and then throw for a first down....
    Bull crap. Terrell Suggs went down, Paul Kruger was struggling and they turned to an undrafted 2nd year player in Albert McClellen instead of him. That says everything you need to know about Kindle's ability. If he could contribute in any way he'd already be out there.

Blog Entries

I think the only reason Kindle is on the PS is because they didn't want to give up on him so soon. Hopefully he improves but he's obviously got a ways to go

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!