Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: G-Men v. Stillers Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Did you see his td today, that wasn't a 9
    Perhaps because he NEVER ran the route in a game before and it wasn't on film? That's why everyone thinks Cam sucks.

Blog Entries

Re: Steelers taking it to the Giants

Quote Originally Posted by 4G63 View Post
    Joe Flacco is Eli Manning without the luck.
    When Flacco sets the all time NFL season record for touchdowns thrown in the 4th quarter and wins 2 SB's, then I'll take this post seriously. Until then....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    When Flacco sets the all time NFL season record for touchdowns thrown in the 4th quarter and wins 2 SB's, then I'll take this post seriously. Until then....
    Did you watch him win the first SB with a lucky catch and get to last years SB with lucky breaks the entire playoff run? Do you think if they were to play Green Bay again that the Giants will benefit from the 8 drops by the GB receivers? How many times has Joe's receivers let him down? If you can't remember all the crucial drops throughout Joe's tenure during the PO's then I'll never be able to make my point with you.

And don't even get me started with how much better Manning's offensive threats have been either.

Blog Entries

Did you watch him win the first SB with a lucky catch and get to last years SB with lucky breaks the entire playoff run? Do you think if they were to play Green Bay again that the Giants will benefit from the 8 drops by the GB receivers? How many times has Joe's receivers let him down? If you can't remember all the crucial drops throughout Joe's tenure during the PO's then I'll never be able to make my point with you.

And don't even get me started with how much better Manning's offensive threats have been either.
    OK then so by your logic Kyle Boller is Tom Brady without the luck because he benefitted from the "Tuck" Rule, LOL. Get serious, dude.

5. Re: Steelers taking it to the Giants

OK then so by your logic Kyle Boller is Tom Brady without the luck because he benefitted from the "Tuck" Rule, LOL. Get serious, dude.
    :grbac:

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    You can't compare the Steelers who are a good team and are hardly ever in a situation where teams run the ball because they are far ahead to Cleveland who was bad.

If anything, teams approach the Steelers saying you have to throw the ball to beat them. And they still hold up extremely well.

That is a poor comparison
    Fair enough.

Flacco lit them up twice last year and they had a better pass rush (arguably) than last year and they had Polamalu.

It's just strange that the Steelers got better in their secondary with Polamalu out for most of the year and a lackluster pass rush.

Again, I think a lot of this has to do with LeBeau. He's just that good of a defensive coordinator.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Fair enough.

Flacco lit them up twice last year and they had a better pass rush (arguably) than last year and they had Polamalu.

It's just strange that the Steelers got better in their secondary with Polamalu out for most of the year and a lackluster pass rush.

Again, I think a lot of this has to do with LeBeau. He's just that good of a defensive coordinator.
    Along with Rex, I think he is the best defensive mind of the last 25 years or so. The guy is amazing with schemes...I can't tell you how many times opposing QB's and OC's have said that they always look like they have 12 guys on the field.

I think he is the second most important person on the team (including players and coaches) to Ben.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Well the Giants really fell apart in this game, but I gotta say the Steelers defense is pretty damn good.

Blog Entries

Dude, I don't say this often, but do you have a soft skull?

Eli and Joe (and overall giants/ravens) to me are kinda mirroring each other. Funny enough the records reflect it too. Eli looked bad against the steelers AT HOME. he looked bad against the Cowboys his first game for a while, again AT HOME. We'll see what happens in December when Eli comes to town.

Blog Entries

Dude, I don't say this often, but do you have a soft skull?
    You cant really dismiss Eli's accomplishments by attributing them to "luck" without somebody calling you on it. I'm sorry but your argument is flawed. Flacco is a solid sometimes good quarterback who at times comes through in the clutch, when given the support (from his OC and his teammates). However Eli has now performed above that level for the past 4 seasons. He set the all time record for 4th quarter touchdown passes during the 2011 season, which shows he was consistently clutch. He has multiple Pro Bowls and multiple Superbowl wins. Was he lucky during those two playoff runs? At times, yes. No one can win a SB without benefitting from a little luck. But you have to put your team in the position to capitalize on it, too. Flacco is currently too inconsistent to say he's "Eli without the luck". Pre 2008 Eli maybe. But from 2008 on Eli's career has projected upward, while the Flacco post 2010 seems to have stagnated.

12. Re: Steelers taking it to the Giants

You cant really dismiss Eli's accomplishments by attributing them to "luck" without somebody calling you on it. I'm sorry but your argument is flawed. Flacco is a solid sometimes good quarterback who at times comes through in the clutch, when given the support (from his OC and his teammates). However Eli has now performed above that level for the past 4 seasons. He set the all time record for 4th quarter touchdown passes during the 2011 season, which shows he was consistently clutch. He has multiple Pro Bowls and multiple Superbowl wins. Was he lucky during those two playoff runs? At times, yes. No one can win a SB without benefitting from a little luck. But you have to put your team in the position to capitalize on it, too. Flacco is currently too inconsistent to say he's "Eli without the luck". Pre 2008 Eli maybe. But from 2008 on Eli's career has projected upward, while the Flacco post 2010 seems to have stagnated.
    The problem with comparing Joe to Eli or Ben is that Kevin Gilbride & Bruce Arians have NEVER been as bad as Cam has been these past 2 and-a-half seasons.
    What's maddening is that Cam wasn't this bad in 2008 & 2009.
    What happened to that Cam?
    Why can't we have that Cam back?

Who ever heard of a 50 yr old coach with 20+ years experience regressing?