Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Re: Steelers taking it to the Giants

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    lets state the obvious here, Eli is milleniums better than Flacco; maybe it's not the receiver
    Eli had a 41.1 rating vs the Steelers AT HOME--10/24 125 1INT and ended the game with a 3-and-out sack fumble on a potential game-winning drive. Just in case you're wondering, yes, that's worse than Joe's 45.4 on the road vs. Houston two weeks ago.

Joe has an 85.7 career QBR, Eli has an 82.6. Not arguing that Joe is better overall, Eli was a better QB last year, and he's had higher "highs" than Flacco has had, but he is NOT "milleniums better" despite having "milleniums better" talent around him on offense pretty much his entire career.

Eli's lows have been just as low if not lower.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    lets state the obvious here, Eli is milleniums better than Flacco; maybe it's not the receiver
    But that doesn't mean that every other route Torrey runs has to be a 9, does it?

I'm not comparing Eli to Flacco at all here. Nor am I really even comparing Torrey to Cruz.

I just watch Torrey break tackles and make people miss and even though he isn't elusive or explosive as Cruz can be in short spaces (as Raveninwoodlawn pointed out), I still think that Torrey can be a lot more than just a vertical guy.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by JustaslowZ06 View Post
    As for Cruz and comparison's to Torrey, I don't see it. I'd think more along the lines of Doss as a possability. Sure hands, good route running and can make cuts really fast.
    Just from Doss' 3 receptions in 2 seasons, you see a comparison to Cruz?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    Eli had a 41.1 rating vs the Steelers AT HOME--10/24 125 1INT and ended the game with a 3-and-out sack fumble on a potential game-winning drive. Just in case you're wondering, yes, that's worse than Joe's 45.4 on the road vs. Houston two weeks ago.

Joe has an 85.7 career QBR, Eli has an 82.6. Not arguing that Joe is better overall, Eli was a better QB last year, and he's had higher "highs" than Flacco has had, but he is NOT "milleniums better" despite having "milleniums better" talent around him on offense pretty much his entire career.
    Eli had his first bad game for like a year, Flacco has had quite a few bad games this year. Lets just face facts here, Eli is simply better. You can bring in the talent issue, but are they really more talented than us on offense?

I'll give you Cruz (who was an undrafted player need I remind you). But at this point Nicks is probably only slightly better than Boldin, and we have Ray Rice and Vonta Leach. The Giants have Bradshaw, who is very solid, but he isn't Ray Rice.

Quote Originally Posted by purplepoe View Post
    So if the Ravens went into MetLife Stadium and did the exact same thing the Steelers just did, would you be calling the Giants garbage?

I mean, is this for real?

PP
    I know someone already spoke for me but let me add this........

I am a die hard fan. I really don't care to be a fan of football. I am a fan of the Baltimore Ravens and when I see this team not have things break their way I get frustrated.

If the Ravens would've gone to Metlife and won I would've been elated. Since that wasn't the case, I expected the Giants to defend their home turf and beat the Steelers but instead they choked like the dogs that they are in the regular season.

The Ravens now are in a dog fight because looking at the Steelers schedule they have maybe 2 more losses on it (at Baltimore and maybe at Dallas). The Ravens really can't lose more than two or its WC city yet again. That's why it matters that the Giants lost and yes I am pissed.

I am not interested in a great Steeler performance.

Fuck them, I am fan of the Baltimore Ravens and unless there winning benefits the Ravens then I'd rather they lose.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    So...they have to apologize for that?

All I know is that they have been missing their best player in the secondary, they have the #1 defense overall and the #2 pass defense. And they completely shut down the team everybody was ball washing about being the best team in the NFC this week.

I hate that I have to defend them, but the Steelers defense has played well this year...and have played very well against the pass.
    No. And I'm not saying that they should. Nor am I saying that you have to defend them either.

It was just merely an observation. Similar to when Cleveland had a top rated passing defense last year and it was largely because teams were running against them a majority of the time. Now, I'm not saying that the Steelers are slouches against the run. They can still bang on D.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    But that doesn't mean that every other route Torrey runs has to be a 9, does it?

I'm not comparing Eli to Flacco at all here. Nor am I really even comparing Torrey to Cruz.

I just watch Torrey break tackles and make people miss and even though he isn't elusive or explosive as Cruz can be in short spaces (as Raveninwoodlawn pointed out), I still think that Torrey can be a lot more than just a vertical guy.
    Did you see his td today, that wasn't a 9

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TurtlesNBirds View Post
    Just from Doss' 3 receptions in 2 seasons, you see a comparison to Cruz?
    Cruz was a nobody until injury gve him his shot. just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    No. And I'm not saying that they should. Nor am I saying that you have to defend them either.

It was just merely an observation. Similar to when Cleveland had a top rated passing defense last year and it was largely because teams were running against them a majority of the time. Now, I'm not saying that the Steelers are slouches against the run. They can still bang on D.
    You can't compare the Steelers who are a good team and are hardly ever in a situation where teams run the ball because they are far ahead to Cleveland who was bad.

If anything, teams approach the Steelers saying you have to throw the ball to beat them. And they still hold up extremely well.

That is a poor comparison
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by JustaslowZ06 View Post
    Cruz was a nobody until injury gve him his shot. just saying.
    I hear ya, I'd love for you to be right. Not to beat a dead horse on the Cam issue, but it's going to be tough for a talented, young WR on this team to be fully utilized in this offense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Eli had his first bad game for like a year, Flacco has had quite a few bad games this year. Lets just face facts here, Eli is simply better. You can bring in the talent issue, but are they really more talented than us on offense?

I'll give you Cruz (who was an undrafted player need I remind you). But at this point Nicks is probably only slightly better than Boldin, and we have Ray Rice and Vonta Leach. The Giants have Bradshaw, who is very solid, but he isn't Ray Rice.
    Joe Flacco is Eli Manning without the luck.