Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Steelers taking it to the Giants

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Agreed, Torrey is a deep threat with long distance speed and can obviously sprint down field a lot faster than what Cruz can, while Cruz is more agile and has quicker feet, totally different receivers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    I don't think they are really anywhere close to the same.

Torrey has better flat out speed, but he doesn't have near the short area quickness that Cruz has IMHO.
    I'm not saying Cruz and Torrey are the same.

I just wish Cam would use Torrey like the Giants use Cruz. Cruz has vertical speed, but they run him on a lot of short routes and underneath stuff to let him use his athleticism and ability to break tackles in order to pick up YAC. I think Torrey could be pretty effective doing that type of stuff along with going over the top.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

-Arnold Schwarzenegger

My RSR Blog:
    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/paullukoskie/

Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com

More important, how do the Ravens match up against the Steelers.....does not look good, imo!
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

Blog Entries

Regarding the Steelers having the #2 pass defense in the league...

They've played one team - besides NY Giants - that has a good QB and passing attack (Denver) and they lost that game.

The Steelers still have Dick LeBeau calling their shots on D, but let's be honest here...it's not like they have shut down the Packers and Saints every single week.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

-Arnold Schwarzenegger

My RSR Blog:
    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/paullukoskie/

Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com

The Giants are some straight garbage. I actually resent how they've won their two most recent titles.

Play like shit during the regular season and then turn it on and get a little lucky.

Now we have to listen all week to the media ball washing the Steelers as the team to beat in the AFC. The Ravens have to find a way to beat them in these next few weeks.

Blog Entries

What I find amazing is the balance from the Stoolers offense and the mixing of plays. Cam has the most vanilla offense I think I've ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I'm not saying Cruz and Torrey are the same.

I just wish Cam would use Torrey like the Giants use Cruz. Cruz has vertical speed, but they run him on a lot of short routes and underneath stuff to let him use his athleticism and ability to break tackles in order to pick up YAC. I think Torrey could be pretty effective doing that type of stuff along with going over the top.
    I think they all should run shorter routes...I just don't think you are going to get anywhere close to the YAC out of Torrey that Cruz can do because the guy has incredible short area quickness and ability to make guys miss consistently.

Just MHO.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Regarding the Steelers having the #2 pass defense in the league...

They've played one team - besides NY Giants - that has a good QB and passing attack (Denver) and they lost that game.

The Steelers still have Dick LeBeau calling their shots on D, but let's be honest here...it's not like they have shut down the Packers and Saints every single week.
    So...they have to apologize for that?

All I know is that they have been missing their best player in the secondary, they have the #1 defense overall and the #2 pass defense. And they completely shut down the team everybody was ball washing about being the best team in the NFC this week.

I hate that I have to defend them, but the Steelers defense has played well this year...and have played very well against the pass.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

A much needed road win for the Steelers. Ravens are still the leaders in the AFC North. I have a feeling that the division may go down to te wire.

Re: G-Men v. Stillers Thread

Eli was 10 of 24 for 125 yards with 1 pick and no TDs. The Steeler pass defense is better tan advertised.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    So...they have to apologize for that?

All I know is that they have been missing their best player in the secondary, they have the #1 defense overall and the #2 pass defense. And they completely shut down the team everybody was ball washing about being the best team in the NFC this week.

I hate that I have to defend them, but the Steelers defense has played well this year...and have played very well against the pass.
    You aren't defending them.

You are watching football and making objective observations.

Hell, people around here were bashing every single pundit who picked Pitt to win the game.

As if it was some ridiculou claim.

Pretty funny really.

It's one thing to lean a bit toward the home team.

It's quite another to be laughably biased.

PP

The Bengals didn't do us any favors by losing to the Broncos, who are now heating up. I was never concerned with the Bengals, because I knew the schedule would be too difficult for them. However, a victory over the Broncos would have been nice.

Now, the Giants haven't done us any favors by losing to Pittsburgh. Everything was set up the Giants to win this game. The hair was still out. The team arrived in East Rutherford the day of the game. Yet, they still found a way to lose the game. It seems like nobody in that division seems to want to win it right now. They are all finding ways to lose games.
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"

Quote Originally Posted by purplepoe View Post
    You aren't defending them.

You are watching football and making objective observations.

Hell, people around here were bashing every single pundit who picked Pitt to win the game.

As if it was some ridiculou claim.

Pretty funny really.

It's one thing to lean a bit toward the home team.

It's quite another to be laughably biased.

PP
    His argument was the same lame argument we all heard from others in regards to the Ravens 2000 defense not playing any good QB's.