Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 120
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    31,832
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Steelers taking it to the Giants



    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Agreed, Torrey is a deep threat with long distance speed and can obviously sprint down field a lot faster than what Cruz can, while Cruz is more agile and has quicker feet, totally different receivers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    I don't think they are really anywhere close to the same.

    Torrey has better flat out speed, but he doesn't have near the short area quickness that Cruz has IMHO.
    I'm not saying Cruz and Torrey are the same.

    I just wish Cam would use Torrey like the Giants use Cruz. Cruz has vertical speed, but they run him on a lot of short routes and underneath stuff to let him use his athleticism and ability to break tackles in order to pick up YAC. I think Torrey could be pretty effective doing that type of stuff along with going over the top.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger



    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  2. #62
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Gettysburg, PA
    Posts
    2,959

    Re: Steelers taking it to the Giants

    More important, how do the Ravens match up against the Steelers.....does not look good, imo!
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton




  3. #63
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    31,832
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Steelers taking it to the Giants

    Regarding the Steelers having the #2 pass defense in the league...

    They've played one team - besides NY Giants - that has a good QB and passing attack (Denver) and they lost that game.


    The Steelers still have Dick LeBeau calling their shots on D, but let's be honest here...it's not like they have shut down the Packers and Saints every single week.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger



    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  4. #64

    Re: Steelers taking it to the Giants

    The Giants are some straight garbage. I actually resent how they've won their two most recent titles.

    Play like shit during the regular season and then turn it on and get a little lucky.

    Now we have to listen all week to the media ball washing the Steelers as the team to beat in the AFC. The Ravens have to find a way to beat them in these next few weeks.




  5. #65
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Southern PA
    Posts
    5,056
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Steelers taking it to the Giants

    What I find amazing is the balance from the Stoolers offense and the mixing of plays. Cam has the most vanilla offense I think I've ever seen.




  6. #66

    Re: Steelers taking it to the Giants

    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I'm not saying Cruz and Torrey are the same.

    I just wish Cam would use Torrey like the Giants use Cruz. Cruz has vertical speed, but they run him on a lot of short routes and underneath stuff to let him use his athleticism and ability to break tackles in order to pick up YAC. I think Torrey could be pretty effective doing that type of stuff along with going over the top.
    I think they all should run shorter routes...I just don't think you are going to get anywhere close to the YAC out of Torrey that Cruz can do because the guy has incredible short area quickness and ability to make guys miss consistently.

    Just MHO.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.




  7. #67

    Re: Steelers taking it to the Giants

    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Regarding the Steelers having the #2 pass defense in the league...

    They've played one team - besides NY Giants - that has a good QB and passing attack (Denver) and they lost that game.


    The Steelers still have Dick LeBeau calling their shots on D, but let's be honest here...it's not like they have shut down the Packers and Saints every single week.
    So...they have to apologize for that?

    All I know is that they have been missing their best player in the secondary, they have the #1 defense overall and the #2 pass defense. And they completely shut down the team everybody was ball washing about being the best team in the NFC this week.

    I hate that I have to defend them, but the Steelers defense has played well this year...and have played very well against the pass.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.




  8. #68
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Pittsburgh, Pa
    Posts
    272

    Re: Steelers taking it to the Giants

    A much needed road win for the Steelers. Ravens are still the leaders in the AFC North. I have a feeling that the division may go down to te wire.




  9. #69
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Pittsburgh, Pa
    Posts
    272

    Re: G-Men v. Stillers Thread

    Eli was 10 of 24 for 125 yards with 1 pick and no TDs. The Steeler pass defense is better tan advertised.




  10. #70

    Re: Steelers taking it to the Giants

    Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    So...they have to apologize for that?

    All I know is that they have been missing their best player in the secondary, they have the #1 defense overall and the #2 pass defense. And they completely shut down the team everybody was ball washing about being the best team in the NFC this week.

    I hate that I have to defend them, but the Steelers defense has played well this year...and have played very well against the pass.
    You aren't defending them.

    You are watching football and making objective observations.

    Hell, people around here were bashing every single pundit who picked Pitt to win the game.

    As if it was some ridiculou claim.

    Pretty funny really.

    It's one thing to lean a bit toward the home team.

    It's quite another to be laughably biased.

    PP




  11. #71
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Land of Verdite
    Posts
    13,332
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Steelers taking it to the Giants

    The Bengals didn't do us any favors by losing to the Broncos, who are now heating up. I was never concerned with the Bengals, because I knew the schedule would be too difficult for them. However, a victory over the Broncos would have been nice.

    Now, the Giants haven't done us any favors by losing to Pittsburgh. Everything was set up the Giants to win this game. The hair was still out. The team arrived in East Rutherford the day of the game. Yet, they still found a way to lose the game. It seems like nobody in that division seems to want to win it right now. They are all finding ways to lose games.
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"




  12. #72

    Re: Steelers taking it to the Giants

    Quote Originally Posted by purplepoe View Post
    You aren't defending them.

    You are watching football and making objective observations.

    Hell, people around here were bashing every single pundit who picked Pitt to win the game.

    As if it was some ridiculou claim.

    Pretty funny really.

    It's one thing to lean a bit toward the home team.

    It's quite another to be laughably biased.

    PP
    His argument was the same lame argument we all heard from others in regards to the Ravens 2000 defense not playing any good QB's.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.




  13. #73
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    3,717
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Steelers taking it to the Giants

    Couple of observations, we don't mtch up well against either team. Our pass defense is going to get annihilated by Cruz and Hicks and even Cotchery with the way our corner's have been playing. J.Smith might hold them a little bit but both are going to abuse CWill. And their pass rush is probably going to work over Oher and KO. Tuck, Kiwanuka, JPP, an Umeniyora <- I know I had to spell one or 2 of those names wrong, anyways.

    As for Cruz and comparison's to Torrey, I don't see it. I'd think more along the lines of Doss as a possability. Sure hands, good route running and can make cuts really fast.

    The Stillers, well what do you have to say? Their D is playing rather well. We'll prob eek out a win at home, but our road offense we might as well forfeit that game and use the 2 weeks to plan and make sure we beat the Chargers. lol.




  14. #74

    Re: Steelers taking it to the Giants

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravens75 View Post
    The Giants are some straight garbage. I actually resent how they've won their two most recent titles.

    Play like shit during the regular season and then turn it on and get a little lucky.

    Now we have to listen all week to the media ball washing the Steelers as the team to beat in the AFC. The Ravens have to find a way to beat them in these next few weeks.
    So if the Ravens went into MetLife Stadium and did the exact same thing the Steelers just did, would you be calling the Giants garbage?

    I mean, is this for real?

    PP




  15. #75
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Land of Verdite
    Posts
    13,332
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Steelers taking it to the Giants

    Even though Victor Cruz and Torrey Smith are of different styles, I can, somewhat, see where Wicked is coming from. Teams have been giving Torrey Smith more cushion this year and it doesn't seem like Cam Cameron has done enough to take advantage of that. They have tried it here and there. They tried it a little in Houston, but a few of those passes were tipped. They tried it once or twice today. However, it doesn't seem like they really take advantage of the fear that he is beginning to put into opposing defenses.

    This is one area where I will actually give the Bengals credit. A.J. Green is a rare talent with one of the best pair of hands that I have seen in a while. I mean, once he gets the ball in his hands, it's very difficult to swat it out. Yet, there are still times when he might not be open and you see the Bengals try so many different ways to get the ball in his hands, just to get their offense back into a rhythm.

    I don't want this to sound like a case of the grass being greener everywhere else, but I can see Wicked's point.
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland