Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

53 undisciplined men

How is it that this team continues to get flagged for penalties?! It boggles my mind that this team, week in and week out, continue to hurt themselves with penalties! Harbs, this is on YOU! You may not have the personnel - although teams like the Steelers and Giants seem to be able to regroup with their personnel - but to allow these mental mistakes to persist, is, imho, a sure recipe for disaster!
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

Re: 53 undisciplined men

I would estimate that more than 30 guys on the roster have zero penalties this year.

Quote Originally Posted by LukeDaniel View Post
    I would estimate that more than 30 guys on the roster have zero penalties this year.
    And I believe John Harbaugh has been called for 3 penalties by himself!

The majority of the penalties we're facing this year are on the OL (which has been very penalty prone for many years now) and in the secondary (which is simply a very, very bad unit all the way around.)

So yeah, this is a factor of a handful of guys being incredibly penalty prone rather than an entire team breakdown in discipline.

It was simply a play on words, my friends....
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

Very strange -- this was a strength last year and now it's a weakness. Then again, our Special Teams were awful last year and now they're pretty good so at least we have that...

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Those refs were a little ticky tack today. Not to say we don't have a problem, I just don't think this game was a good example of it. Especially given how skewed the penalties were in the Browns favor until the very end.

7. Re: 53 undisciplined men

No, no, no...

They're 53 MIGHTY Undisciplined Men.

54 if you count Harbs too.

This game was not the refs best game. Both teams got some odd calls.

That said, this is a huge problem and now Harbs gets his third unsportsmanlike of the season?!?!

That's totally inexcusable. The coach should set the tone, not set the president.

The Ravens haven't been drafting intelligent players in years. Some of these guys are so ridiculously dumb it makes my skull hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post

That said, this is a huge problem and now Harbs gets his third unsportsmanlike of the season?!?!

That's totally inexcusable. The coach should set the tone, not set the president.
    Agree here...I get the need for coaches to work the refs, but too many times he has been totally out of control.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post

Agreed - inexcusable. It's actually only been 2 this year (there was one last year), but regardless, it's no longer an isolated incident, it's become a pattern now.

He certainly qualifies as the "54th" undisciplined man.

It cannot continue to happen. In a bigger, closer game, it could really come back to haunt them/him.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alienrace View Post
    The Ravens haven't been drafting intelligent players in years. Some of these guys are so ridiculously dumb it makes my skull hurt.
    It's all across the board. Pollard wasn't drafted by the Ravens and he's one of our worst offenders. Neither was Leach, who came really close to picking up an unsportsmanlike penalty of his own, that would have knocked the Ravens out of field goal range.