Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: My Own Good, Bad, and the Ugly

I thought Ellerbie had an awsome game. He was all over Richardson the whole game.

Our offense had a typical day at the office. Moments of greatness, and then times when you just scatch your head and say WTF!
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

Blog Entries
    I have come to the conclusion that a few guys on this board just have miserable lives. You know the ones...

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

The best part about today is we are now 3-0 in the division and 6-2 overall. We have a cushion to work out our issues, esp if the steelers lose.

I am loving me some bernard pierce. I want to see a ground heavy attack with pierce getting more carries from here on out.

ED REED further cements his legacy with pick number 60!

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    Bad - our run game, too often we get runs of minus yards or 1 to 2 yards. We averaged under four yards a carry, I'd rather a run game that can consistently get 4 yards a pop than one that breaks of a big run every now and then.
    You're serious?

Rice had 98 yards and a TD and Pierce did a great job as well as a situational back.

Blog Entries
    You have to live with some of those runs for short gains in order for the play action to work effectively.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    You're serious?

Rice had 98 yards and a TD and Pierce did a great job as well as a situational back.
    on 22 carries. We started off 16 runs for 86 yards. Our next 21 rushes went for an abysmal 51 yards. That's under 2.5 yards a carry.

We started well, then hey made adjustments and cam didnt adjust to that as I said..

Blog Entries

You just have to stay commited to it. Ray Rice is going to end up in the HOF. The offense must go through him. And now we are seeing the asscension of pierce. Watch...we are going to see much much more running down the stretch. We dont lose when rice gets 25 carries and pierce is making the most of everytime he gets his hand on the ball.

I know you have to stick to it, I just would have liked a few quicker shorter passes when they were stuffing the box expecting the run, to give us a better chance running the ball.

To steal the Al Davis phrase 'Just win baby!' NFL only pays on the W's, no style points.

Blog Entries

The Good - Dannell Ellerbe and Courtney Upshaw.

I thought they were the best defensive players out there today. Even with Ed Reed's pick, he missed some tackles that no player should miss. I thought DeAngelo Tyson, Jimmy, Corey Graham, Art Jones, Suggs, and Ngata all played well too, but Ellerbe and Upshaw were all over the place.

Also Good - Anquan Boldin, Ray Rice, & Bernard Pierce.

The offense was great for the 1st quarter and the last half of the 4th quarter. Flacco didn't really make any bad throws other than a throw that looked like he and Torrey were not on the same page and Joe Haden almost picked it. Pierce and Rice were really solid today. Boldin (when they got him involved) was a chain mover.

The Bad - Ed Reed, Ed Dickson, Torrey Smith, & the OL.

The OL went into hybernation during the 2nd and 3rd quarters. They got no push and lost a lot of 1-on-1 assignments. Ed Reed dropped two surefire INT's and gave very little effort on tackles. He seems to think that diving at a players legs is a good way to stop someone. Ed and Torrey??? what the hell guys? Dropsies much?

The Ugly - John Harbaugh, Cam Cameron, Cary Williams.

Cary - Nice coverage. :grbac:

Harbs - You need to get your team to knock it off with the penalties. They're killing drives and just pissing everyone off. Including you. Which is why you're now getting penalties. Thanks coach.

Cam - What can I say that hasn't been said before? You're incapable of getting this offense to where it needs to be. It's time for you to move on. Preferably to a college team. I believe your offense might work at that level.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by ballhawk View Post
    You just have to stay commited to it. Ray Rice is going to end up in the HOF. The offense must go through him. And now we are seeing the asscension of pierce. Watch...we are going to see much much more running down the stretch. We dont lose when rice gets 25 carries and pierce is making the most of everytime he gets his hand on the ball.
    You don't "stay committed to" losing football. When you run straight up the middle into a loaded box for 0-1 yards every 1st and 2nd down, you're playing losing football. Why else do you think they had 5 straight 3 and outs? Too many unsuccessful plays on 1st and 2nd down, most of them runs.

Part of why they ran the ball so well in the 1st quarter were imaginative, unexpected playcalls like the Pierce TD--fake FB dive to outside toss play, that's a play that's going to pick up yards. You have to stay creative on offense--run outside when they expect inside, run inside out of spread formations, play-action, etc. Cam completely forgot those plays after the 1st quarter. Sometimes I wonder if he just gets lazy and stop putting effort into his playcalls... I'm running out of explanations for why he's so terrible.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, the Ravens are NOT going to win a lot of games with run-run-pass-punt. They could afford to do it last year because they had a better OL that actually got a lot of push up the middle, and a great defense that forced teams to be one dimensional and got stops on 3rd down. Not this year...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    You don't "stay committed to" losing football. When you run straight up the middle into a loaded box for 0-1 yards every 1st and 2nd down, you're playing losing football. Why else do you think they had 5 straight 3 and outs? Too many unsuccessful plays on 1st and 2nd down, most of them runs.

Part of why they ran the ball so well in the 1st quarter were imaginative, unexpected playcalls like the Pierce TD--fake FB dive to outside toss play, that's a play that's going to pick up yards. You have to stay creative on offense--run outside when they expect inside, run inside out of spread formations, play-action, etc. Cam completely forgot those plays after the 1st quarter. Sometimes I wonder if he just gets lazy and stop putting effort into his playcalls... I'm running out of explanations for why he's so terrible.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, the Ravens are NOT going to win a lot of games with run-run-pass-punt. They could afford to do it last year because they had a better OL that actually got a lot of push up the middle, and a great defense that forced teams to be one dimensional and got stops on 3rd down. Not this year...
    It's really almost like Cam has on his chart, "That play worked so it won't again" and crosses it off or something. FINALLY we saw some quick slants out of Boldin and Oh my gosh he moved the chains, than not again.