Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: bernard pierce

Re: bernard pierce

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    We got it done once we pushed the sense of urgency with the passing offense. They predictably went back to the run run approach and Cleveland finally told them to knock it off by the late second quarter. Yet, they continued to try it and got stuck in a bunch of third and longs, between penalties and short runs. Then, of course, they went back to Joe late and asked him to pull it out.
    :word

I just don't understand how Cam only knows either run, run and run when it is (or isn't) working or pass, pass and pass when it is (or isn't working)

We have our next franchise running back here when we let rice hit fa in four years.

If he lowered his pad level when he ran he'd be unstoppable. That was his one knock coming out of college.

He looks wonderful though. All the people calling Ozzie a moron for taking a RB in the 3rd round seem silly now.
    Follow me on twitter at @dandrews66

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dandrews View Post
    If he lowered his pad level when he ran he'd be unstoppable. That was his one knock coming out of college.

He looks wonderful though. All the people calling Ozzie a moron for taking a RB in the 3rd round seem silly now.
    Strangely enough, it was the same knock on Arian Foster. Even their weaknesses are similar.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Call me crazy but i think we could withstand an injury to rice for a few games with pierce.

Quote Originally Posted by ballhawk View Post
    Call me crazy but i think we could withstand an injury to rice for a few games with pierce.
    Don't even THINK about that, much less post it!

Blog Entries

Lowering pad level can be taught/done

I saw it happen years ago with Stephen Davis on the Skins. Took the 4th year to become part of him, then he just led the NFL in rushing.

It can be done and we have a RB coach who can do it, but it takes a style change which is work to re-program years of habit (and success with the old way).
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by runrayrun27 View Post
    I was mind blown when people were saying that Leach wasn't worht the money. He does so much for our running game it's incredible.

I agree though Pierce is a beauty. Sign him long term early cause he gonn get expensive
    He isn't worth the money if he isn't utilized to do his job. Who calls the plays again?

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    All made possible by Leach.

For those who do not think Leach provides him and Rice the best run support in the game need to watch both of those drives on a constant loop.
    Leach is a freaking truck. The real problem is that teams are being telegraphed where these runs are going. Right at the snap, defenses collapse and pentrate to the side the RB is running, far too often.

Quote Originally Posted by strez View Post
    Followed Pierce's college career very closely. Always thought we would be a fantastic NFL back. Was thrilled that the Ravens were able to grab him.
    I wasn't too happy with the pick, as I thought we had more glaring needs than running back. That being said, I'm very impressed with what I've seen of him.