Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Re: Sunday a must win in Cleveland?

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    And I'm sorry you confuse your personal opinion as facts.

Equally annoying.
    Its not an opinion. The record shows who played and the surprising outcome.

Nobody mailed it in but you go on thinking whatever you want UM.

Lets go back to that night then ...

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=271230033

First paragraph to the story ...

BALTIMORE (AP) -- The Pittsburgh Steelers had already accomplished their primary goals in the regular season, so the AFC North champions entered the finale against the Baltimore Ravens with a different objective: Stay healthy.
    Stay healthy = mailing it in.

And I cannot help but notice the list if players out for Pittsburgh was a lot more than you listed ....

Ben, Ward, and Troy were out as well as a hand full of other players.

Like I said, personal opinion does not equal facts.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Re: Sunday a must win in Cleveland?

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Lets go back to that night then ...

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=271230033

First paragraph to the story ...

Stay healthy = mailing it in.

And I cannot help but notice the list if players out for Pittsburgh was a lot more than you listed ....

Ben, Ward, and Troy were out as well as a hand full of other players.

Like I said, personal opinion does not equal facts.
    I stated Ben and Troy from the beginning. Ward was an important piece at that time as well but he was not as big a key Ben and Troy. Marvel Smith......please. The facts show that the Steelers primary defense save for Troy couldn't handle the 3rd and 4th string Ravens QB and RB's. If the Steelers had been playing all backups then we wouldn't be having this dialogue.

It is my opinion that the Steelers thought they could beat the Ravens with a rookie 3rd string QB even with resting 2-3 of their top players and maybe even move into to the 3 seed with a Charger loss. They got gashed and were exposed to a greater degree by the team that eventually eliminated them in Jacksonville. That was a lesson that Tomlin learned that year and has never repeated. Don't assume a damn thing because in this league nothing's promised.

We can agree to disagree and move on.