Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
  1. Re: Cam says the Ravens have a "comm" problem

So now Cam is blaming Joe for Ray not running the ball as much as he should? Implying that Cam has been calling those runs but Joe's been constantly audibling out of them? Even against the fierce pass rush and pressure brought by the Texans, Joe was stubbornly choosing to throw instead of run?

So, Cam is basically saying that Joe is such an idiot that Joe thinks the best way to help himself when he's getting hurried, pressured, battered and bruised is to put even more pressure on his O-Line, receivers and himself by stubbornly passing the ball more.

I guess it didn't dawn on Cam that even if this were true it doesn't exonerate him (or Harbaugh).
    Because they still could've told Joe to stop audibling out of the run so much.
    Or are we supposed to believe they did and Joe just ignored them.

Seriously, is anyone really buying what Cam's trying to sell here?

Re: Cam says the Ravens have a "comm" problem

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    predictable
    Thanks to Cam, every time I hear this word I cringe.

Quote Originally Posted by redmike34 View Post
    The cynic in me says that checking into running plays doesn't give him much opportunity to justify a big contract for himself.
    Entirely possible, but I would believe its more about checking into a play he thinks will work.

Quote Originally Posted by PerpetuallyBored74 View Post
    So now Cam is blaming Joe for Ray not running the ball as much as he should? Implying that Cam has been calling those runs but Joe's been constantly audibling out of them? Even against the fierce pass rush and pressure brought by the Texans, Joe was stubbornly choosing to throw instead of run?

So, Cam is basically saying that Joe is such an idiot that Joe thinks the best way to help himself when he's getting hurried, pressured, battered and bruised is to put even more pressure on his O-Line, receivers and himself by stubbornly passing the ball more.

I guess it didn't dawn on Cam that even if this were true it doesn't exonerate him (or Harbaugh).
    Because they still could've told Joe to stop audibling out of the run so much.
    Or are we supposed to believe they did and Joe just ignored them.

Seriously, is anyone really buying what Cam's trying to sell here?
    Player responsibility doesn't matter yo. It's on Cam to put the entire offense on the same page in the actual game not the players themselves. Who needs teamwork and shit?

The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area

One thing that occurs to me that may have been touched on by a poster or two is, it sounds like there may be some simmering friction between Cameron and Flacco. But there are some other things that stem from this, IMHO.

--I re-read the linked item, and it seems a perfectly reasonable topic to be asking the Ravens coaching staff at this point, so I don't hear anything that sounds like a "Gotcha!" type set-up. The way he articulated his thoughts to the media (which he certainly must know would be edited and published) suggests to me that this may be part of the reason he's not a head coach. Of course, I also have to wonder why Harbaugh is not mentioned or quoted in the linked item.

--IMHO, Cameron may be trying to say things that need to be done, but it's almost like he's put his foot in his mouth. Consider - there have been threads on here that ask why Harbaugh doesn't say to the press things like, "McKinnie needs to get off his ass, lose weight and get to practice!"; or "Oher needs to try harder to be at the 1st round pick level with his performance!", or other similar criticisms. The obvious answer is, if you're smart as a head coach, you don't air your dirty laundry in the media. It sounds to me that Cameron is just this side of saying, "Flacco is screwing with my game plan on the road, and THAT'S why we're encountering problems and losses."

--For Cameron to be saying stuff like "We need to communicate better during away games" begs the question of why this is an issue this year and not in the prior 4? And if it WAS an issue, and REMAINS an issue, why hasn't it been addressed and corrected by the OC and HC in that time?

Again, I'll post that I don't think Cameron is the sole problem, and certainly doesn't control the defense or STs, but it seems undeniable that there are issues that he is not handling very well.

However, consider that this post is just one guy's opinion....

Blog Entries

I don't know if I believe that Flacco audibling out of running plays is the reason why we struggle on the road. This begs the question: if he's doing that on the road and causing issues, why don't we see the same problems at home? It has to be more to it than Flacco going rogue.

Lock Cam in the freakin closet tomorrow and let Flacco call the game at the line like he did much of the first game. We were balanced, effective, and put up points. Rice was very effective running that day too mostly out of the single back spread set. It was almost like Cam watched that game and went "oh shit, I'm going to lose my job if I let him keep doing that without me". Maybe it's just me, but it seemed to me like Joe was calling much of that game himself and just running his offense.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenous1 View Post
    :word

That was my first thought also
    Makes some sense that comm is an issue, but WTF? It took a bye week to figure this out?
    Personally if I were Cam I would not have talked about this issue till after I used it to my advantage by burning Cleveland a on a few plays by switching things up....thats just me though
    Well, It appears that they aren't capable of switching things up. What I got out of this is that Cam feels we have a communication problem on the road, but he doesn't feel that anything can be done about it. Chalk it up to the misfortune of having to play in a hostile environment. Personally, I'd be embarrassed to even mention this if were Cam. I mean, an Offensive Coordinator in his 5th year with the same quarterback hasn't figured out how to communicate on the road yet? It also looks like Cameron is putting the blame squarely on Flacco. If he's right, then maybe Flacco isn't the quarterback of the future here.

Nice the OC throwing the QB under the BUS. This is going to be ugly....

Not bad for a RUNNING BACK!!! Now that is funny.
    #FIREROMAN

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    It is a big deal when it's like 3rd and two and your constantly going to pass the ball and more times than not miss (see Philly game).

This isn't the first time we've tried it with him either, we tried it last year, and in 09 too, all leading to mass inconsistency's on the offensive side of the ball.
    Trying it for a few games and hiding back into the hole when it doesn't work at first (Big surprise), is what you call trying it?
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    I don't know if I believe that Flacco audibling out of running plays is the reason why we struggle on the road. This begs the question: if he's doing that on the road and causing issues, why don't we see the same problems at home? It has to be more to it than Flacco going rogue.
    This is a good point. It's not as if they are trying anything different at home. Rice's touches are down across the board. At least, there is that type of feel when you watch the games.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Cam is a control freak, he also strikes me as a guy who has an excuse for everything. The comments were pathetic.

Look even if it is Joe audibling out (doubt its all him) then why would you throw your "franchise" QB under the bus. Your the offensive coordinator, take a few daggers for the team Cam and keep the focus on you. Fix and talk about how you did later. The people that count will know the real deal. Last thing you do is shuffle off the blame to your franchise QB

Hopefully these are the death throws of the Cam Cameron as OC. If I were Joe, I am not signing any long term deal till Cam is gone.
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis