Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Re: OT -- Storm Thread -- How's Everyone Doing?

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Arlington, VA didn't lose power. Couple of pulses and flickers...
    Same here. Man I dodged a bullet big time. I have about 100 trees 80-100 feet tall near my house. My thoughts and prayers go out to those millions of folks still dealing with this "Frankenstorm".

Thanks to all here for your thoughts and concerns.
    "Old Man my Ass!" - John Malkovich

Thank god no trees came down. Been without power since about 5pm yesterday. Hooray for generators.

Somerset county. lost electric 1730 Monday, too much water to evacuate; I did get out this (Tuesday) afternoon, still no power. relocated to family on dryland.
    really, really bad in Crisfield. streets flooded, medical evacuations by boat, trees on roads and power lines. at one point US 13 was closed (largest highway on the shore). still evacuating as of this morning.
    Baltimore Ravens, 2012 NFL Champions!

The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area

To all-
    Fortunately, Hickory is in a sweet spot where the weather is more Fall-like - cooler temps (40's and 50's), cloudy and winds no more than 20 or so at worst. They've got snow in Boone and towards the mountains, and I know WV and elsewhere look like skiing season is open, so....

In any event, SWMBO is in Baltimore working and staying with Junior and his wife this week. I've also got family and friends -- okay, and youse guys, too! -- in the area, so I can only send thoughts and prayers for your safety and welfare.

A votre sante, mes amis!

Beau

Power is back on! Had fun family time though.

Seems like most of you are doing OK, thank God. Hope people with no power get it back on soon. Ravens fans are tough. Glad to hear the good news but I am sure many are having a helluva tough time. God bless you all.

Power out for exactly 23hours but the boys of BGE and Pike Electric got us up. Thanks to them for all the hard work today.

Blog Entries

Man, I was posting storm updates here on MOn when suddenly the power went out at 4:30 pm and
    we're still out. I'm at the gym right typing now after just checking out of the Hilton over in Aberdeen.
    On the way here I saw 10 bucket truckes coming off 95 from Georgia Power so there still must be a lot out.

Cecil and Harford Counties were amongst the hardest hits as the storm went up the middle of the
    Bay and veered left smack into the counties.

Most of all Harford was out Monday night.

My development looks like a freaking war zone. Big oak trees down every where including our back yard
    where the lines are down. Another tree is down on the wires 2 doors up.

Their house as an oak lying on top of it. Another house 2 doors south as an oak lying on top of it.

A house two courts down has two oaks lying on top of it and is covering its two cars. The guy can't
    even get out of his house.

BGE came down our street at 4 pm yesterday but haven't started cutting those trees up.

Man, that was a freaking tornado not a hurricane. Monday night it sounded like a loud train whistle
    going by and I looked out and saw the tress falling. Our largest bushes vs the neighbors high
    fence looks like someone with a chain saw cut them down the middle.

I'm was myself and it was the scariest night of my life, especially since I have to sleep with a BI PAP
    machine because of Sleep Apnea. No electricity. No air. No heat. I was freezing Mon night but slugged
    it out by myself int he dark.

That's why I checked into the Hilton. I'm on the way back home now to see if they cut the trees
    yet.

Another house has a tree over his car and boat. It's a freaking war zone. Never went thru anything
    like it in my entire life.

Well, that's it. Signing off. Don't know when I'll be back on. Going back to the house to see
    what's going on then back to the Hilton if
    power is still out. Never spent the night at a
    hotel in my home town-lol.

Wish me luck.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 10-31-2012 at 11:29 AM.

Damn, good luck. Down here in Carney/Parkville it was very light in comparison. Only a few trees down, I have friends, just up Harford Rd. in Harford County, that still don't have power but we fared pretty well down here all things considered.

Blog Entries

They're still saying no power for 7 to 10 days. That's next Monday to next Thursday. What really sucks is almost everyone I work with who lives in NY got theirs back within 24 hours. At least all the trees missed the house and cars. So, yes it could have been a lot worse.
    He Who Dares.....Wins

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    They're still saying no power for 7 to 10 days. That's next Monday to next Thursday. What really sucks is almost everyone I work with who lives in NY got theirs back within 24 hours. At least all the trees missed the house and cars. So, yes it could have been a lot worse.
    Hope you have a generator. It's not the same but it helps
    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HKusp View Post
    Damn, good luck. Down here in Carney/Parkville it was very light in comparison. Only a few trees down, I have friends, just up Harford Rd. in Harford County, that still don't have power but we fared pretty well down here all things considered.

Thanks, man.

Power is back up and the tree two doors up is completely up. Haven't
    had time to go around to check the other houses.

I went to bed as soon as I got home and slept all day after being awake for 24 hours straight. I went to the Indy PO game with Mista T and we're on the plane half way there and I said oh shit. I forgot my
    BI-PAP T. He said shit, how are you going to sleep. I said I'm not sleeping because I might not wake up. So I didn't sleep for the entire weekend until MOn night when I got home.

Anyway, our power came on sometime during the night. The food
    was cold in the fridge and the food in the freezer was frozen. I out-smarted myself before the storm. Had plenty of food stocked up but
    couldn't cook it so I ate out but most restaurants were closed Mon.
    McDonalds was opened 48 hrs straight. They never close-lol.

Looks like the state dodged a bullet overall but not in Harford
    and Cecil Counties.

I like to tell people Im self sufficient-lol. I sure didn't feel that
    way MOnday night. I was freaking out, man.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 10-31-2012 at 10:06 PM.

Blog Entries

Hate to ask a stupid question but does anyone
    know how to download pics from a cell phone
    to a PC?

I have pics of all those houses posted above.
    Tony would love them for his site but the
    cell doesn't have a USB port so I don't
    think I can down load them here or give
    it to Tony in person to download.

If he wants the phone, he's more then welcome to have
    it to down load the pics.

Anyone know how?

Thanks.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Hope you have a generator. It's not the same but it helps
    I wish. Today is the day when they are supposed to at least lay out a schedule for restoration. 4 days just to asses the damage. Be thankful you don't live in Connecticut
    He Who Dares.....Wins

I am from North NJ, Hawthorne to be exact. We had many homes around the area taken out from large trees.

We are with out power until Monday and just heard the town might be cutting the water supply. Getting gas takes about 1.5-3 hours pending where you go.

I packed up my family yesterday and fled for Maryland. Home with my parents here in Columbia. Got to watch the news for the first time last night and am crushed to see the amount of damage all around my area up there.

Its going to be a long road of repairs.