Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Re: OT -- Storm Thread -- How's Everyone Doing?

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Not sure that power will be back in time for the game. A shitty end to a shitty week
    Hope you get it back soon. I guess people throwing eggs at the workers isn't helping matters.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/11/02...-by-residents/

Blog Entries
    That's really not who they should be throwing eggs at. The workers are busting their asses to get this fixed. It's the clueless management if the utilities that deserve eggs. This will be real ugly because its going to linger to Election Day. Politicians are putting as much heat as they can on these guys

The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area

GOTA--
    It goes without saying (and I realized I hadn't said it!), but I hope all is well with you and yours, as well as all of our posters. I recall you live more in the area that was hit than I, but since you have connection to here, I'm guessing that you're okay.

Stay safe, mon ami!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Beau Petard View Post
    GOTA--
    It goes without saying (and I realized I hadn't said it!), but I hope all is well with you and yours, as well as all of our posters. I recall you live more in the area that was hit than I, but since you have connection to here, I'm guessing that you're okay.

Stay safe, mon ami!

Thanks Beau Petard. We're okay here. Just tired of the cold and dark. The latest update is 11:30 PM on Tuesday but there is so little left to do in my area that I can't imagine that power won't be on before that. I finally made it to my sister-in-laws apartment to enjoy the heat and communicate here. Wasn't working too well on the cell phones since so many towers were down. All in all CT is not that bad. It got off easy compared with many areas.

Blog Entries

Power finally back on. I missed the game but it did sound frustrating. I'll catch the short cut later and can always check it out on the computer