Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 27
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    "Merry old England"
    Posts
    9,232
    Blog Entries
    4

    Like I said a few weeks backs, it's time for McClellan to get his shot.



    Is it time to bench Jameel McClain and try Albert McClellan out at ILB? (which is where I think he is best suited to play). McClellan had never played the position prior to the 9ers game last year, but had a great game.

    Jameel has regressed since getting that contract, and he just seems like he doesn't care about playing. Albert McClellan isn't loud, he's a quiet guy, so that's the only problem I have with him playing MIKE (where you need to shout out the defensive calls etc) but maybe that's what Elerbee could do?

    Albert McClellan is also probably our most athletic LB out of the bunch (apart from Suggs if you count him as a OLB). He is also a big muscular guy at 6'2 and 255 lbs. I can see him making a great MLB, and he is simply too good to keep off the field.




  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pasadena
    Posts
    8,923
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Like I said a few weeks backs, it's time for McClellan to get his shot.



    I want to see more McClellan. I'm very optimistic about our linebackers if we play Upshaw, McClellan, Ellerbe, Suggs.




  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    "Merry old England"
    Posts
    9,232
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Like I said a few weeks backs, it's time for McClellan to get his shot.

    Loving that gif LOL.




  4. #4

    Re: Like I said a few weeks backs, it's time for McClellan to get his shot.

    Can't say I disagree.

    McClellan has always stepped up when asked.




  5. #5

    Re: Like I said a few weeks backs, it's time for McClellan to get his shot.

    I don't think anybody will look good at ILB until the interior linemen stop getting blown up on every play. Ray Lewis in his prime would look bad behind these guys.




  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pasadena
    Posts
    8,923
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Like I said a few weeks backs, it's time for McClellan to get his shot.

    Quote Originally Posted by moose10101 View Post
    I don't think anybody will look good at ILB until the interior linemen stop getting blown up on every play. Ray Lewis in his prime would look bad behind these guys.
    I think people would say Ellerbe has looked good at ILB, but I agree that the d-line needs to stop getting pushed back every snap.




  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Ball So Hard Universary (BSHU)
    Posts
    1,768
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Like I said a few weeks backs, it's time for McClellan to get his shot.

    Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    I think people would say Ellerbe has looked good at ILB, but I agree that the d-line needs to stop getting pushed back every snap.
    Like this.
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...re-ravens-loss

    I've posted like 3 times already because it blows my mind that Cody could get embarrassly man handled like that. Pushed 12 yards down field.




  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pasadena
    Posts
    8,923
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Like I said a few weeks backs, it's time for McClellan to get his shot.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sua Sponte View Post
    Like this.
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...re-ravens-loss

    I've posted like 3 times already because it blows my mind that Cody could get embarrassly man handled like that. Pushed 12 yards down field.
    lol he got taken for a ride. that is pathetic for someone as big as cody.




  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    "Merry old England"
    Posts
    9,232
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Like I said a few weeks backs, it's time for McClellan to get his shot.

    Terrence Cody has been such a disappointment to me. Really liked this guy coming out of Alabama, and I loved the pick at the time.




  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    4,217
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Like I said a few weeks backs, it's time for McClellan to get his shot.

    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Terrence Cody has been such a disappointment to me. Really liked this guy coming out of Alabama, and I loved the pick at the time.
    I didn't. What I saw of him in college was a big guy throwing his weight around against small guys that couldn't handle it and I didn't believe it would translate as well in the NFL.




  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Ball So Hard Universary (BSHU)
    Posts
    1,768
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Like I said a few weeks backs, it's time for McClellan to get his shot.

    And then he lost the weight. Maybe he should go back to eating mid-night Taco Bell and focus on occupying atleast 1 blocker at the point of attack.
    Is he to focused on cardio and keeping the weight down and not lifting to get strong? It almost seem like the guy doesn't know where the weight room is.




  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Posts
    2,687

    Re: Like I said a few weeks backs, it's time for McClellan to get his shot.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sua Sponte View Post
    And then he lost the weight. Maybe he should go back to eating mid-night Taco Bell and focus on occupying atleast 1 blocker at the point of attack.
    Is he to focused on cardio and keeping the weight down and not lifting to get strong? It almost seem like the guy doesn't know where the weight room is.
    He lived in the gym and weight room all season to reduce his fat and increase muscle. He is working, he's working damn hard according to the reports. His technique is just awful and that goes back to what lee said.

    He could use his weight in college and didnt need technique




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland