Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2223242526 LastLast

Re: Way Too Early 2013 Draft/FA Thread: Fixing the Defense

LB and DE have to be our first 2 picks. Come on Oz!!!!! Defense!!!!!

Blog Entries
    Kapron Lewis-Moore was really impressive last night against USC.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Ertz looked pretty good last night as well with his QB finally putting the ball above his knees FFS.
    He looks faster than Eifert. Still not convinced on the blocking though...need to watch more.

What's everyone's take on Cornellius "Tank" Carradine? Would he be a good fit our system?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...fers-torn-acl/

Ziggy Ansah out of BYU is starting to get 1st-2nd round attention, which annoys me. At any rate, he's the most versatile front 7 guy I've seen in college maybe ever...largely b/c defensive guys don't become versatile until the NFL.

He looks like the kind of cat that could do whatever Pees would ask...bring pressure on 3rd and long, cover a TE, get out in the flat on RBs, and of course, set the edge. Probably makes some mean waffles too!

iggyman555 Guest

Looking beyond the Big Board
    Our draft gurus give early insight into 2013's storylines, stars and sleepers

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/page/...now-2013-draft

iggyman555 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by iggyman555 View Post
    Looking beyond the Big Board
    Our draft gurus give early insight into 2013's storylines, stars and sleepers

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/page/...now-2013-draft

McShay: The biggest issue is that there's just not a lot of offensive skill players in this draft. It's not a good "TV draft." NFL teams want great talent at every single position, but a vast majority of teams are not in dire straits and looking for a quarterback and would rather see the depth where it is in this class: on the offensive and defensive lines.

iggyman555 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by iggyman555 View Post
    McShay: The biggest issue is that there's just not a lot of offensive skill players in this draft. It's not a good "TV draft." NFL teams want great talent at every single position, but a vast majority of teams are not in dire straits and looking for a quarterback and would rather see the depth where it is in this class: on the offensive and defensive lines.
    Which is the deepest position group?

McShay: Defensive line is the deepest group in 2013. You could split hairs over defensive ends or defensive tackles, but if you're a team looking for a defensive lineman, you should be fired up over this group right now. As I count now, nine of the top 15 and 17 of the top 40 players in this draft are on the defensive line.

If you talk to front office personnel, they would agree that the defensive linemen in this draft are really an impressive group. You have the elite guys, but you have guys late in the first round, early in the second who can become a centerpiece on your defensive line for many years.

Also, there's a whole lot of variety here, too. You have your prototypical defensive tackles such as Lotulelei, Sylvester Williams and Sheldon Richardson. You have your space-eating interior defensive linemen such as Johnathan Hankins and Johnathan Jenkins. You have your speed-rushing ends such as Moore and Barkevious Mingo. And then, you have your more complete defensive ends such as Bjoern Werner and Sam Montgomery.

Basically, it's take your pick.

9. Re: Way Too Early 2013 Draft/FA Thread: Fixing the Defense

Count me as a fan of Gerald Hodges. Saw him in action back against Indiana. Made a few stellar plays.

Blog Entries

Hodges would be an excellent 2nd round selection assuming there are no good ILB prospects at the bottom of round 1.

Hodges compares heavily to guys like Darryl Washington.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    Ziggy Ansah out of BYU is starting to get 1st-2nd round attention, which annoys me. At any rate, he's the most versatile front 7 guy I've seen in college maybe ever...largely b/c defensive guys don't become versatile until the NFL.

He looks like the kind of cat that could do whatever Pees would ask...bring pressure on 3rd and long, cover a TE, get out in the flat on RBs, and of course, set the edge. Probably makes some mean waffles too!
    He is shooting up draft boards right now. I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up being picked in the top 25.

He's being compared to Jason Pierre-Paul and look how he has turned out. At this point, I don't think the Ravens will have a shot at him.

12. Re: Way Too Early 2013 Draft/FA Thread: Fixing the Defense

It'll be very interesting to see exactly what positions are drafted early on. Will we see a DL in round 1? Will he be a clogging NT, a 34 end, a projected 34OLB? We could see an ILB, maybe even a DB? I'd think they would address the front seven early, but you never know. It's a really good thing that this draft will be stock piled with defensive talent.