Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1718192021 ... LastLast

Re: Way Too Early 2013 Draft/FA Thread: Fixing the Defense

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Looking at some of the Ravens draft needs, there are some spots that we could key in on. The Ravens could look at investing another pick in the 'ultra athletic, mismatch TE'. If you are going to have a guy who struggled blocking, he needs to be more productive in your passing offense than Dickson has been. They could always take a late round flyer on a pure bread blocking TE, or look at an UDFA, for competition's sake. Although Bajema could be that guy already
    Agree 100%. Read the TE rankings on Football Oustiders the other day, and Pitta and Dickson aren't ranked too highly. Not saying they can't improve, but it would be great to get a guy who can make an immediate impact.

I was impressed with Ertz from Stanford last night. What's he projected to go?

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Some may look at me funny, but I don't think the Ravens should count out any WR's as well.

Boldin is in a contract year and getting older (and slower). Jacoby is going to be expensive and really - at this point - is a #3. Doss has shown flashes, but that's it. D. Reed probably won't make the team next year. Thompson has some promise, but who knows how high his ceiling is and finally Streeter is really REALLY raw.

There is a good possibility that in the 1st and 2nd rounds the Ravens could be looking at some guys like Justin Hunter, Keenan Allen, Tavon Austin, Terrance Williams, etc.
    Man I said this before, but I am a HUGE...HUGE...HUGE Tavon Austin fan.

I understand why we probably wouldn't pick him in the early, but man, I'd be thrilled. And he's a local Dunbar kid.

I think he is a rich mans version of Antonio Brown and would offer our WR core something we don't have in a shorter, cat quick guy who is absolutely amazing in the open field.

I really like Keenan Allen too BTW lol
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Finally my first mock draft of the year... first round to begin with, I will post my second, third and fourth rounds later on when I finish fix them up a little...

First round, 1-16

1. Kansas city chiefs: Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia
    The Chiefs have been awful this year, and it's high time they get something out of this talented group. They are going to have to completely rebuild. Whoever inherits this team are going to get an already talented team to work with, particularly on defense, but will need to draft a QB who the team will play for. IMO Geno Smith has been the best QB in college football this year, and deserves to be the number 1 overall pick, so far anyway. The Chiefs are a QB away from competing for the AFC West.

2. Jacksonville Jaguars: Jarvis Jones, DE/OLB, Georgia
    Jacksonville are likely to get a new regime pretty soon too, but that doesn't mean whoever the new coach is, will be taking a QB in the first round. To me, Jarvis Jones is the best overall player in the draft and is very similar to Von Miller, if not better. I think the Jags can wait for the second round to bring in some legit competition for Gabbert. The Jags have holes at LB, and they need to get some more pass rush, they have really struggled getting to the QB this year, Jarvis Jones can certainly help in that regard straight away.

3. Cleveland Browns: Damontre Moore, DE/OLB, Texas A&M
    The Browns finally have a talented team to work with, they have a QB developing (even though he is 28 years old), they are set at RB, and they have a receiving core of players that are making progress. I would have thought depending on whoever the new GM is, will want to take the best DE in the draft and make him the franchise defensive player for the next decade. I am a HUGE fan of Damontre Moore, he has elite speed off the edges, and is only a notch below Jarvis Jones at this point, he may even want to stay in school for another year, but many draftniks are projecting him as a top 5 pick, why would he want to risk losing that status next year? The Browns already have a solid defense to build around, but need someone that can get to the QB on a consistent basis. Jabal Sheared is a pretty good and underrated player, but he isn't enough to dominate other Olines, and needs help opposite him.

4. Carolina Panthers: Star Lotulelei, DT/NT/DE, Utah
    The Panthers have some serious holes to address on defense if they want to start winning games, and competing for the NFC South. Lotulelei is the best defensive tackle prospect coming out since Suh, but is more along the lines of Haloti Ngata in the way that he plays. The Panthers have big problems on the Dline, it's arguably the worst Dline in football right now, so this pick makes sense.

5. Buffalo Bills: Matt Barkley, QB, USC
    Even though I'm personally not the biggest fan of Barkley, he's still a top 10 pick, and Buffalo just aren't getting it done with Fitzpatrick. Matt Barkley has had his struggles this year, but I think he could potentially become a franchise QB in this league, and help a team like Buffalo win more games under center than they are with Fitzpatrick. Buffalo have a talented team, but as you seen against the Patriots last week, they needed a QB to throw the winning TD, not throw the losing interception.

6. Oakland Raiders: Sam Montgomery, DE/OLB, LSU
    The Raiders flat out suck up front, they have zero pass rush, and can't stop the run to save their lives. Oakland need help everywhere, but pass rush comes first. Sam Montgomery is a very good prospect, he has good size, speed, and strength, and I think he can become a force in the NFL. He can really help Oakland out on defense, that's for sure.

7. Saint Louis Rams (From Washington): Luke Joeckel, OT, Texas A&M
    The Rams got Saffold back from injury, but they still need to finally solidify the Oline by drafting a legit left tackle. They could move Saffold back to right tackle (his more natural position) and have the "bookends" sorted. Luke Joekel isn't quite as good as last year’s top OT prospect Matt Kalil, but he is still a top 10 talent, and has proven it this year for A&M despite a shaky start. Joekel and Jake Matthews have helped this team become one of the best in the SEC in its first year of competing in the toughest conference in CFB, and I think both players have bright futures in the NFL. In any case Sam Bradford could really do with all the pass pro he can get.

8. New York Jets: Barkevious Mingo, DE/OLB, LSU
    The second LSU end should be gone pretty quickly following his buddy Montgomery, as he is also pretty talented. Mingo is not as strong and as big as Montgomery is, but he's still pretty good, and with some extra bulk, he too can become a force in the NFL. The Jets have yet again been lacking pass rush, and Rex Ryan (if he isn't fired) will want to get someone who can get to the QB on a consistent basis.

9. Philadelphia Eagles: DeMarcus Milliner, CB, Alabama
    The Eagles may be losing both their starting CB's after this season. DRC is a FA and probably won’t be back, while Asomugah is due 13 million dollars in 2013, and he really hasn't played well since signing to Philly anyway. Unless he takes a big pay cut, I doubt he'll be back with the Eagles at 32. DeMarcus Milliner is an elite talent at corner, and can step in and replace either one of those guys leaving Philadelphia next year.

10. Tennesee Titans: Manti Teo, ILB, Notre Dame
    The Titans used to be renowned for being physical on D, particularly in the front 7, but this year they have been anything but. They are light weight and need help at LB. Manti Teo is an extremely good prospect, and just because he’s a middle linebacker, that doesn't mean he won’t be picked 10th overall next year. He alone can help transform a defense, he is that talented. The Titans need to rebuild their D to what it used to be, and can start by picking up a player who can be a Ray lewis type figure on their D for years to come, Manti Teo can be that guy for them.

11. Saint Louis Rams: Keenan Allen, WR, California
    This is a bit of a reach, but the Rams need another receiver to help Bradford become what we all thought he could become in the league. You got him his legit blindside protector, now it's time to get someone who could potentially emerge into a go to guy for Bradford.

12. San Diego Chargers: Xavier Rhodes, CB, Florida state
    This may seem to some to be a bit of a reach too, and I think the Chargers may opt to trade down on draft day, but don't let this take away anything from Rhodes. He's a big strong shut down corner, who can become just that at the next level. The Chargers need help at corner, my friend who is a long time Chargers fan is always reminding me that the Chargers need corners. Jammer is just too old and is wearing down, plus he and Cason are both FA's soon, so it makes sense to take Rhodes here.

13. Dallas Cowboys: Jonathan Hankins, NT/DT/DE, Ohio state
    The Cowboys would have a dominating Dline if they had a legit nose tackle who can eat up blockers. This pick is on by far the BPA and a top ten talent, and would allow Ratcliff to move to DE, and then you'd have a Dline of Hatcher, Hankins, and Ratcliff, scary stuff for the NFC East offenses. Hankins is a notch slightly below Lotulelei, but he is still a very good prospect that you simply cannot pass up on at this conjuncture, especially if you run a 3-4 defense that needs a legit nose tackle.

14. Arizona Cardinals: Tyler Wilson, QB, Arkansas
    Another slight reach and I think Arizona are another team who may be looking to trade down. However, the Cardinals are a team who need to start over with a new QB. Tyler Wilson has played well this year despite his team’s failure and struggles. I think he could develop into a good NFL QB if he is put in the right system, and he will also be throwing the ball to Larry Fitzgerald, you can't go wrong with that... well that's unless your name is Kevin Kolb or John Skelton.

15. Detriot Lions: Chance Warmack, OG, Alabama
    The Lions need to upgrade their Oline, and need a right guard in particular. Warmack is a physical specimen of a guard, and is a day one starter who could really help Detroit up front. Warmack, to me is an even better prospect than last year’s David DeCastro, being much bigger, stronger and more athletic.

16. Minnesota Vikins: Justin Hunter, WR, Tennessee
    Christian Ponder has been up and down this year, but he has clearly shown that he is developing into a franchise QB at times. Part of his problems is the age old issue, that he is simply not surrounded by enough talent at receiver. If you can get him a go to guy at receiver to go along with Adrian Peterson, Percy Harvin, and that solid offensive line, Ponder will have a faster growing process.

Blog Entries

First round 17-32:

17. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Jonathan Banks, CB, Mississippi State
    Tampa Bay has an awful secondary in pass coverage; I cannot understate just how terrible they've been in that area. I am willing to bet that they would have had a lot more wins if it wasn't for their secondary, as they are pretty set everywhere else (apart from pass rush maybe). Mark Barron has turned out to be a very solid pick in this years draft, and has been even better than advertised coming out of Alabama last year. But he's a strong safety that is best used in run support and pushing up into the box, not dropping back into coverage trying to help everyone out. Banks has been having a great season for Mississippi state, and has good size. I think he can replace Aqib Talib, and then some, with of course not spending half his life in court as the added bonus upgrade to Talib.

18. Cincinatti Bengals: Bjoern Werner, DE/OLB, Florida State
    The Bengals took a step back on D after a promising 2011 year. Part of this is simply the lack of edge rushers. Most of the sack production has been great scheme work by Zimmer. If Zimmer can get a legit pass rusher opposite Carlos Dunlap, this defense could step up and give the Ravens and the Steelers more of a challenge in the AFC North.

19. Miami Dolphins: Barrett Jones, OC/OG/OT, Alabama
    The Dolphins have some good players on their Oline, it starts on the left side and finishes after Mike Pouncey. The right side of the Dolphin line has been atrocious this year. Jo Martin is only a rookie so he will naturally be going through some growing pains, but the Phins need an upgrade at right guard anyway. Jones offers more versatility than any Oline I've seen for a long time. He played guard at a high level in his first two years at Bama, then moved to left tackle in his junior year and did a great job there helping them win the BCS bowl, then this year he's been playing center, and has looked awesome there too. You put this guy next to Mike Pouncey at guard, while moving him around in case of any injuries, and then I think Tannehill has some serious upgraded pass pro.

20. Seattle Seahawks: Robert Woods, WR, USC
    Seattle got an absolute steal in the 3rd round in Russell Wilson this year, who has been looking like he should have gone in the first round. In time, I think teams are going to start kicking themselves for passing up on him just because of his height (or lack of). Still, much like Ponder, Wilson hasn’t got many guys to throw to. He has a decent Oline, an elite RB, and just one good receiver. Woods has been suffering from some kind of injury this year, and so his draft stock has plummeted slightly, but Pete Carroll won’t want to miss an opportunity of getting Wilson a solid receiver to work with.

21. Indianapolis Colts: Jon Jenkins, NT, Georgia
    I was really tempted to go with a pass rusher here, as Freeney probably won’t be back next year with Indi. However, Indi need more help on the Dline, and Chuck will want to get a legit NT to build his 3-4 scheme around. 3-4 schemes don't work if you don't have a good, big, and strong NT who can wreak havoc on the field, and eat up blockers. All of those things I have seen Jenkins consistently do this year against elite competition in the SEC.

22. New Orleans Saints: Deion Jordan, OLB/DE Oregon
    Deion Jordan is someone I hope Baltimore will look at; however, I think teams may buy more and more into him after the combine and everything else, and will take him before the Ravens are on the board. This guy is a freak of nature; he can line up at corner and cover receivers... at 6'7 and 245 lbs... That’s how freakish this guy is. His first step is quicker than any pass rusher I've seen for a long time, and he is strong in the tackle and can hit hard. His best fit is in a 3-4 scheme as an OLB most probably. However, he has the potential to put his hands in the dirt as a 4-3 end, which is what the Saints will want him to do. He just needs to add some weight and core strength so he can get off blocks better, as he likes to speed rush unblocked from a stand up position. I also think Deion could even play 4-3 OLB in a Von Miller type role. That may better suit him than playing DE. In any case, the Saints need help at both positions.

23. Pittsburgh Steelers: Kawann Short, DT/DE, Purdue
    Cameron Hayward can't get on the field, and Ziggy Hood has been terrible as a starter so far. Both players are first round picks that the Steelers were hoping would become the future of their 3 man front, taking over from Kiesel and co. Kawann Short, IMO could be a good fit at 5 technique, and he is great at bringing pressure up the middle. The Steelers can do with all the pass rush they can get, as James Harrison is old, and so is that Steeler front 3.

24. New York Giants: Eric Fisher, OT, Central Michigan
    The Giants need to get younger on the Oline, and they need an upgrade at RT. Eric Fisher can become a left tackle in the NFL, but William Beatty has played well there for the Giants this year, so the Giants could land themselves a very athletic OT who they can put on the right side. Locklear is average at best, and probably won’t be back with the Giants next year, and Coughlin isn't the biggest fan of him anyway. The Giants cannot afford to go in with David Diehl either as he is just simply awful.

25. Green Bay Packers: Joseph Randle, RB, Oklahoma state
    This pick would raise a few eye brows I'm sure, however the Packers have been missing a legit RB since Ryan Grant went down injured after the 09 season. The GB offense is obviously really explosive everywhere, but they can add a new element to their offense with someone who IMO is by far the most explosive back in this draft. Randle is averaging something like 7 odd yards per carry right now. Cedric Benson is good, but he is getting old, and is better suited to be a power runner and nothing else. Joseph Randle could split carries with Benson to begin with, and would keep defenses guessing more, as GB are simply too one dimensional right now in the passing game. They need more of a running presence to keep defences more honest.

26. New England Patriots: Sheldon Richardson, DT/DE, Missouri
    Vince Wilfolk has taken a step back this year as he continues to age, and it's time to get him some help in the twilight of his career. Sheldon Brown is very athletic and is a good inside blitzer. The Patriots need help on their Dline, and need more push from them, and Brown could certainly help with that.

27. Baltimore Ravens: CJ Moseley, ILB/OLB, Alabama
    I am officially sold on CJ Moseley. He is exactly what Baltimore need right now. He flies around the field like a mad man, he is literally making plays everywhere around the field. He can do it all, drop back into coverage, stuff the run, and can bring inside blitz pressure. He has that side-line to side-line speed, and could help Baltimore get back to what they used to be on defense. Ray Lewis could be retiring next year in the wake of his injury, and the Ravens will need to get someone next to the emerging Dannell Elerbe, as Jameel McClain is simply not good enough as a starting ILB on a defense like this.

28. Chicago Bears: Jake Matthews, OT/OG, Texas A&M
    Jake Matthews could play everywhere apart from center. The Bears need help everywhere on their Oline, and they did nothing to address it last year. I think it's time Chicago does something about it. I believe Matthews could potentially become a left tackle in the NFL, but in the meantime the Bears could use him at RT or even inside at guard, while they figure out what they want to do with Jemarcuss Webb, who continues to prove that he may not even be a serviceable left tackle.

29. Houston Texans: Terrance Williams, WR, Baylor
    The Texans are still in need of a number 2 receiver, and to make matters worse, Andre Johnson is appearing to decline. The Texans will need to do something to address their receiving core this offseason to get the best out of the contract they recently gave Matt Shaubb.

30. San Francisco 49ers: Kenny Vaccaro, S, Texas
    Kenny Vaccaro can address what could be a gigantic need for the 9ers this offseason. Donte Whitner hasn't been good this year, while Goldson is a free agent again in 2013 and the 9ers don't appear to want to give him a long term deal.

31. Denver Broncos: Sylvester Williams, DT, North Carolina
    The Broncos have been horrid at times up front (see Patriots game). They need to get some help on the line if they want to stick with a 4-3 defense.

32. Atlanta Falcons: Tyer Eifert, TE, Notre Dame
    Is Tony Gonzales retiring after this year? I'm not sure if he is or not, but the Falcons need to get a suitable replacement for the future HOFer. This offense is really scary as it is with Julio Jones and Roddy White; now picture them with a guy who is the closest thing to Rob Grontkowski coming out of college, yikes!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenalytics View Post
    Agree 100%. Read the TE rankings on Football Oustiders the other day, and Pitta and Dickson aren't ranked too highly. Not saying they can't improve, but it would be great to get a guy who can make an immediate impact.

I was impressed with Ertz from Stanford last night. What's he projected to go?
    Pitta is a very effective TE in our offense. He'll be a Raven for a good while. He ranks top ten for receptions and TDs, and he's earned Joe's trust. The bullsh!t patterns that Cammie has designed for him are the greatest contributors to his woeful and embarrassing 10.2 YPC. Even when Joe misses him, it's not on a deep seam or flag, it's on a 3-5 yard out.

Dickson, who I felt could have been traded (for picks) going into day 2 of the 2012 draft, has questionable future value IMO. His blocking hasn't improved at all, and I don't like his low "catch percentage" (receptions / targets). I'm struggling to see how he makes our offense better now and going forward.

Ertz and ND's Eifert will be the 1st and 2nd TEs taken (choose whichever order you like). Ertz has been hard to evaluate b/c Stanford's QBs have serious accuracy problems. I mean the number of times the 6'6" Ertz has had to go to the ground to make a catch is stunning...so seeing him make a [hands] catch in stride is rare. I do know that he's a bit slow and routinely leans into his routes. It's a plus that he lines up wide, in the wide slot, in the tight slot, and on the LOS. However, I don't see a guy who likes to block even though he's bigger than just about anyone that he attempts to block. Could he be a very good RZ target? Yes, but I don't see a complete TE ready to produce as a rookie, thus worth burning a 1st rounder on.

Looking at TEs in general, I'm trying to find conviction in the idea of drafting Florida's Jordan Reed and putting him in the slot. He looks like a 3rd-4th round value guy, but there are a couple of caveats...he's also been the victim of poor QB play, and I can't find enough video to evaluate his route running. Reed does appear to like to block, and is much more physical at the POA than just about any "pass-catching" TE I've seen in awhile. Not saying he's great at it, but he is more aggressive than the norm and at least locks up his guy, or drives him out of the play. Also at 6'3" 240-245, he looks fairly "pads-fast". Of course, he'll probably run a high 4.48-4.52 at the Combine, kill the drills, and "earn" 2nd round value from some jerk GM, and will be long gone by pick #86, #96 or whatever.

Blog Entries

Some may look at me funny, but I don't think the Ravens should count out any WR's as well.

Boldin is in a contract year and getting older (and slower). Jacoby is going to be expensive and really - at this point - is a #3. Doss has shown flashes, but that's it. D. Reed probably won't make the team next year. Thompson has some promise, but who knows how high his ceiling is and finally Streeter is really REALLY raw.

There is a good possibility that in the 1st and 2nd rounds the Ravens could be looking at some guys like Justin Hunter, Keenan Allen, Tavon Austin, Terrance Williams, etc.
    Hello? I said that already. lol.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

I actually think that Pitta can be a mainstay here. However, last year, he benefited from teams focusing in on Dickson and admitted as much. Now, with Dickson struggling, teams can focus on Pitta, unless the WRs are getting free. Pitta has his best games with the WRs set the tone.

Dickson's presence was supposed to set up mismatches for him and give them 2-TE options. Neither has truly materialized.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    First round 17-32:

17. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Jonathan Banks, CB, Mississippi State
    Tampa Bay has an awful secondary in pass coverage; I cannot understate just how terrible they've been in that area. I am willing to bet that they would have had a lot more wins if it wasn't for their secondary, as they are pretty set everywhere else (apart from pass rush maybe). Mark Barron has turned out to be a very solid pick in this years draft, and has been even better than advertised coming out of Alabama last year. But he's a strong safety that is best used in run support and pushing up into the box, not dropping back into coverage trying to help everyone out. Banks has been having a great season for Mississippi state, and has good size. I think he can replace Aqib Talib, and then some, with of course not spending half his life in court as the added bonus upgrade to Talib.

18. Cincinatti Bengals: Bjoern Werner, DE/OLB, Florida State
    The Bengals took a step back on D after a promising 2011 year. Part of this is simply the lack of edge rushers. Most of the sack production has been great scheme work by Zimmer. If Zimmer can get a legit pass rusher opposite Carlos Dunlap, this defense could step up and give the Ravens and the Steelers more of a challenge in the AFC North.

19. Miami Dolphins: Barrett Jones, OC/OG/OT, Alabama
    The Dolphins have some good players on their Oline, it starts on the left side and finishes after Mike Pouncey. The right side of the Dolphin line has been atrocious this year. Jo Martin is only a rookie so he will naturally be going through some growing pains, but the Phins need an upgrade at right guard anyway. Jones offers more versatility than any Oline I've seen for a long time. He played guard at a high level in his first two years at Bama, then moved to left tackle in his junior year and did a great job there helping them win the BCS bowl, then this year he's been playing center, and has looked awesome there too. You put this guy next to Mike Pouncey at guard, while moving him around in case of any injuries, and then I think Tannehill has some serious upgraded pass pro.

20. Seattle Seahawks: Robert Woods, WR, USC
    Seattle got an absolute steal in the 3rd round in Russell Wilson this year, who has been looking like he should have gone in the first round. In time, I think teams are going to start kicking themselves for passing up on him just because of his height (or lack of). Still, much like Ponder, Wilson hasn’t got many guys to throw to. He has a decent Oline, an elite RB, and just one good receiver. Woods has been suffering from some kind of injury this year, and so his draft stock has plummeted slightly, but Pete Carroll won’t want to miss an opportunity of getting Wilson a solid receiver to work with.

21. Indianapolis Colts: Jon Jenkins, NT, Georgia
    I was really tempted to go with a pass rusher here, as Freeney probably won’t be back next year with Indi. However, Indi need more help on the Dline, and Chuck will want to get a legit NT to build his 3-4 scheme around. 3-4 schemes don't work if you don't have a good, big, and strong NT who can wreak havoc on the field, and eat up blockers. All of those things I have seen Jenkins consistently do this year against elite competition in the SEC.

22. New Orleans Saints: Deion Jordan, OLB/DE Oregon
    Deion Jordan is someone I hope Baltimore will look at; however, I think teams may buy more and more into him after the combine and everything else, and will take him before the Ravens are on the board. This guy is a freak of nature; he can line up at corner and cover receivers... at 6'7 and 245 lbs... That’s how freakish this guy is. His first step is quicker than any pass rusher I've seen for a long time, and he is strong in the tackle and can hit hard. His best fit is in a 3-4 scheme as an OLB most probably. However, he has the potential to put his hands in the dirt as a 4-3 end, which is what the Saints will want him to do. He just needs to add some weight and core strength so he can get off blocks better, as he likes to speed rush unblocked from a stand up position. I also think Deion could even play 4-3 OLB in a Von Miller type role. That may better suit him than playing DE. In any case, the Saints need help at both positions.

23. Pittsburgh Steelers: Kawann Short, DT/DE, Purdue
    Cameron Hayward can't get on the field, and Ziggy Hood has been terrible as a starter so far. Both players are first round picks that the Steelers were hoping would become the future of their 3 man front, taking over from Kiesel and co. Kawann Short, IMO could be a good fit at 5 technique, and he is great at bringing pressure up the middle. The Steelers can do with all the pass rush they can get, as James Harrison is old, and so is that Steeler front 3.

24. New York Giants: Eric Fisher, OT, Central Michigan
    The Giants need to get younger on the Oline, and they need an upgrade at RT. Eric Fisher can become a left tackle in the NFL, but William Beatty has played well there for the Giants this year, so the Giants could land themselves a very athletic OT who they can put on the right side. Locklear is average at best, and probably won’t be back with the Giants next year, and Coughlin isn't the biggest fan of him anyway. The Giants cannot afford to go in with David Diehl either as he is just simply awful.

25. Green Bay Packers: Joseph Randle, RB, Oklahoma state
    This pick would raise a few eye brows I'm sure, however the Packers have been missing a legit RB since Ryan Grant went down injured after the 09 season. The GB offense is obviously really explosive everywhere, but they can add a new element to their offense with someone who IMO is by far the most explosive back in this draft. Randle is averaging something like 7 odd yards per carry right now. Cedric Benson is good, but he is getting old, and is better suited to be a power runner and nothing else. Joseph Randle could split carries with Benson to begin with, and would keep defenses guessing more, as GB are simply too one dimensional right now in the passing game. They need more of a running presence to keep defences more honest.

26. New England Patriots: Sheldon Richardson, DT/DE, Missouri
    Vince Wilfolk has taken a step back this year as he continues to age, and it's time to get him some help in the twilight of his career. Sheldon Brown is very athletic and is a good inside blitzer. The Patriots need help on their Dline, and need more push from them, and Brown could certainly help with that.

27. Baltimore Ravens: CJ Moseley, ILB/OLB, Alabama
    I am officially sold on CJ Moseley. He is exactly what Baltimore need right now. He flies around the field like a mad man, he is literally making plays everywhere around the field. He can do it all, drop back into coverage, stuff the run, and can bring inside blitz pressure. He has that side-line to side-line speed, and could help Baltimore get back to what they used to be on defense. Ray Lewis could be retiring next year in the wake of his injury, and the Ravens will need to get someone next to the emerging Dannell Elerbe, as Jameel McClain is simply not good enough as a starting ILB on a defense like this.

28. Chicago Bears: Jake Matthews, OT/OG, Texas A&M
    Jake Matthews could play everywhere apart from center. The Bears need help everywhere on their Oline, and they did nothing to address it last year. I think it's time Chicago does something about it. I believe Matthews could potentially become a left tackle in the NFL, but in the meantime the Bears could use him at RT or even inside at guard, while they figure out what they want to do with Jemarcuss Webb, who continues to prove that he may not even be a serviceable left tackle.

29. Houston Texans: Terrance Williams, WR, Baylor
    The Texans are still in need of a number 2 receiver, and to make matters worse, Andre Johnson is appearing to decline. The Texans will need to do something to address their receiving core this offseason to get the best out of the contract they recently gave Matt Shaubb.

30. San Francisco 49ers: Kenny Vaccaro, S, Texas
    Kenny Vaccaro can address what could be a gigantic need for the 9ers this offseason. Donte Whitner hasn't been good this year, while Goldson is a free agent again in 2013 and the 9ers don't appear to want to give him a long term deal.

31. Denver Broncos: Sylvester Williams, DT, North Carolina
    The Broncos have been horrid at times up front (see Patriots game). They need to get some help on the line if they want to stick with a 4-3 defense.

32. Atlanta Falcons: Tyer Eifert, TE, Notre Dame
    Is Tony Gonzales retiring after this year? I'm not sure if he is or not, but the Falcons need to get a suitable replacement for the future HOFer. This offense is really scary as it is with Julio Jones and Roddy White; now picture them with a guy who is the closest thing to Rob Grontkowski coming out of college, yikes!
    Welcome to the CJ Mosley train leach! :D
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    I actually think that Pitta can be a mainstay here. However, last year, he benefited from teams focusing in on Dickson and admitted as much. Now, with Dickson struggling, teams can focus on Pitta, unless the WRs are getting free. Pitta has his best games with the WRs set the tone.

Dickson's presence was supposed to set up mismatches for him and give them 2-TE options. Neither has truly materialized.
    If the Ravens used Pitta like Dallas uses Witten or the Eagles used Celek, he'd be much more productive.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

The Ravens don't have a TE that can block; Bajema can't block either. I wouldn't be surprised if they did look into that, but you want dynamic players at the position these days don't you?

I like Ertz, probably a second rounder though?
    Last edited by Lee Van Cleef; 11-18-2012 at 02:48 PM.

Welcome to the CJ Mosley train leach! :D
    LOL...yes welcome brother Leach!
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Yeah, tbh I didn't manage to see many bama games this year so I didn't understand all the fuss about him, but after going through some of their games, I really do get the fuss now. :)