Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Ravens have had discussions with Michael Oher on an extension

Blog Entries

Re: Ravens have had discussions with Michael Oher on an extension

And we all thought the Cary Williams offer was weird. Maybe they think they can lock Oher up on the cheap? How much is he really worth?

3. Re: Ravens have had discussions with Michael Oher on an extension

I really hope they don't give him too much. He is not worth top tackle money.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lime in the Coconut View Post
    I really hope they don't give him too much. He is not worth top tackle money.
    I don't think there is any worry about him getting top tackle money. My guess is because Oher hit that escalator for next season they are trying to lower his 2013 cap number. To get him to agree they need to extend him.

Other than durability, Oher is neither a statistical nor performance standout...positive standout, that is.
    And with a lazy old guy, completely unknown 2nd year guy, and a rookie at the position, some kind of deal is almost guaranteed with Oher.
    Can't really go big-time FA with the OT position...well at least anytime soon...with all of the question marks on the defensive side.

I would look at eric Winston's deal and go DOWN from there. That's about what he's worth, Top-ish area RT.

Blog Entries

If they get him signed to a deal that’s good for the team, to play RT, then I’m fine with it. I just hope they aren’t going to lock him up with the intention of him playing LT for another five years.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Blog Entries

I would be fine with the Ravens signing Oher for Top-tier RT money, but I have my doubts if he would agree to such a deal. IMO, Oher is at best an average LT, but there is a shortage of even average LTs in the league. I can totally see him wanting to test FA if he doesn't get the kind of offer that blows him away. I think Oher will want more than what Winston got, and will probably get it in FA (after 2013) from some team. The Ravens have a number of pressing needs, and I can see Ozzie wanting to lock up his LT for next season long term so he can focus on other areas in the draft. McKinnie will not be back next year, so Oher has some leverage.

2 sacks, 4 penalties, 6 hits and 13 hurries through 7 games.

Only looking at 2012 so far, but upon first glance at PFF's stats, the are only 8 LTs that score lower than Oher.
    The other 17 that score lower are RTs...and one of them is Osemele, btw.

Oher is a "serviceable bust" in every sense of the term, and the fact that we are essentially "stuck" with needing him is a bit of bad luck, but mostly a GM/FO problem. No excuses or sympathy from me that he is out of position as an LT. Just f-in block dude geesh!

Man, I like Webb and Dennis a lot, but sweet Jesus...how long will it take for us to recover from the 2009 and 2010 drafts?

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    I think Oher will want more than what Winston got, and will probably get it in FA (after 2013) from some team. .
    I think he will want more too, who wouldn't but is he REALLY worth it?

I dunno, definately not as good at Rt and only possibly a better LT. Though, if Winston had played on th Left I wouldhave to assume he'd be better then Oher there.

The issue here is, left tackles are damn hard to find. Is serviceable, which oher is, worth hanging on to and probably over paying?

Blog Entries

But he can't leave, it would ruin the movie!