Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Ravens have had discussions with Michael Oher on an extension

Blog Entries

Re: Ravens have had discussions with Michael Oher on an extension

And we all thought the Cary Williams offer was weird. Maybe they think they can lock Oher up on the cheap? How much is he really worth?

3. Re: Ravens have had discussions with Michael Oher on an extension

I really hope they don't give him too much. He is not worth top tackle money.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lime in the Coconut View Post
    I really hope they don't give him too much. He is not worth top tackle money.
    I don't think there is any worry about him getting top tackle money. My guess is because Oher hit that escalator for next season they are trying to lower his 2013 cap number. To get him to agree they need to extend him.

I would look at eric Winston's deal and go DOWN from there. That's about what he's worth, Top-ish area RT.

Blog Entries

If they get him signed to a deal that’s good for the team, to play RT, then I’m fine with it. I just hope they aren’t going to lock him up with the intention of him playing LT for another five years.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

2 sacks, 4 penalties, 6 hits and 13 hurries through 7 games.

Only looking at 2012 so far, but upon first glance at PFF's stats, the are only 8 LTs that score lower than Oher.
    The other 17 that score lower are RTs...and one of them is Osemele, btw.

Oher is a "serviceable bust" in every sense of the term, and the fact that we are essentially "stuck" with needing him is a bit of bad luck, but mostly a GM/FO problem. No excuses or sympathy from me that he is out of position as an LT. Just f-in block dude geesh!

Man, I like Webb and Dennis a lot, but sweet Jesus...how long will it take for us to recover from the 2009 and 2010 drafts?

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    I would look at eric Winston's deal and go DOWN from there. That's about what he's worth, Top-ish area RT.
    That is a good starting point.

I told you guys that we would be looking to extend him after this season. The team likes him and despite his struggles at LT, the guy is a good RT and potentially really good OG if it ever comes to that.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Other than durability, Oher is neither a statistical nor performance standout...positive standout, that is.
    And with a lazy old guy, completely unknown 2nd year guy, and a rookie at the position, some kind of deal is almost guaranteed with Oher.
    Can't really go big-time FA with the OT position...well at least anytime soon...with all of the question marks on the defensive side.