Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: We found our JJ Replacement

It's definitely cummulative guys.
    I'm crazy enough to have a premium subscription with which you can see all of Upshaw's data that's relevant to the RSP stat.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    It's definitely cummulative guys.
    I'm crazy enough to have a premium subscription with which you can see all of Upshaw's data that's relevant to the RSP stat.
    I think I'm going to get the premium subscription. I believe it's only 26 dollars?

Blog Entries

I am a premium subscriber, and some of their ratings are misleading, but most of it I agree with, I prefer it to FO.

Here's some interesting info (not posting the data since it's premium subscription stuff, and I don't want to get in any trouble).
    Note: This applies to 3-4 OLBs only

Top 3 in RSP for 2011:
    Harrison PIT
    Spencer DAL
    Reed HOU

Top 3 in RSP for 2012 to-date:
    Upshaw BAL
    Ware DAL
    and in the #3 spot, believe it or not, is...Albert McClellan BAL

Believe it or not part 2...Kruger sits at #10 and is ahead of Matthews, J. Houston, B. Reed (2011's #3) and C. Barwin.

Grain of salt here...different guys are asked to do different things (within a scheme) during different years.
    Last edited by BigPlayReceiver; 10-24-2012 at 10:13 AM. Reason: Clarification

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    I think I'm going to get the premium subscription. I believe it's only 26 dollars?
    Really can't remember, but that sounds about right.

Blog Entries

We need more time to evaluate Upshaw, but he is looking really good so far IMO. The thing that is really encouraging about Upshaw is that he is visibly getting better each week. I think he is well on his way to being a very good compliment to Suggs. Upshaw replacing JJ has not been a major factor in the Ravens defense struggling so badly. JJ wasn’t the same player last year as he had been in previous years, and I don’t think he has looked very good in SD so far this year. Father time is undefeated. McPhee has not been an adequate replacement for Redding, Cody and McClain have regressed, Kemo has been bad, and Ray Lewis wasn’t even that much of a factor before he got hurt. Add all of that to Suggs being out, and you get the mess we have been seeing.

Blog Entries

What is really hurting our defense right now is the d-line. They are getting pushed off the ball every snap it seems like.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    McClain has always been a decent run defender...but he's not very good in coverage at all.
    Apparently PFF thinks McClain stinks at run defense. The 81 of 91 is 11th worst in their table.

That said, the sample size is still smallish and is 2012 only, we have faced good running teams so far, and frankly as a team we have been poor (and that blame is shared by most, even if Upshaw should avoid the blame according to the "stats")

What is really hurting our defense right now is the d-line. They are getting pushed off the ball every snap it seems like.
    I agree. We need much more from McPhee and Cody/Kemo. Much more.
    Cody's core (all jokes aside) and lower body strength must be gawd-awful.

Blog Entries

That's right. Dline or ILB is the number one need in the offseason. The question now becomes, do we rebuild our front 7 in the same 3-4 scheme, in whcih case we'd need to draft a big dominant NT and get an athletic 5 tech to build this line to what it used to be (or you could sign a big name), then we probably need a LB. If it's 4-3, we would really need to rebuild, we'd need a speed rusher and a DT next to Ngata who can bring pressure up the middle, along woth one or two athletic LB's.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    That's right. Dline or ILB is the number one need in the offseason. The question now becomes, do we rebuild our front 7 in the same 3-4 scheme, in whcih case we'd need to draft a big dominant NT and get an athletic 5 tech to build this line to what it used to be (or you could sign a big name), then we probably need a LB. If it's 4-3, we would really need to rebuild, we'd need a speed rusher and a DT next to Ngata who can bring pressure up the middle, along woth one or two athletic LB's.
    Another good q. Deserves a separate thread IMO.

We have 11 draft picks right now, and who knows what our cap will look like, but I think we can move to a 3-4 in one off-season, and in two off-seasons, I'm sure we could have a very good one.

Oops...wasn't being a smart ass. I see that there's already a "4-3" thread. :o