Quote Originally Posted by landspeed View Post
Sergio Kindle was never even an experiment. Hes never been given a chance to start and that seems to be the norm with this coaching staff. They do not give young players the ability to start.

They think that bad practice player translates to them being bad on the field.

I cannot understand why Kindle hasnt been given a chance yet. By all accounts, he was a beast coming out of college. Sure, he lost some of his hearing, but that shit is not going to mess up his play.
I know you don't want to hear it, but I always enjoy listening to me go on and on. Kindle's "story" includes significant "off the field" chapters. DUIs ( w/ and w/o brick walls driven through), fall down go boom @ parties, etc. etc. I'm willing to eschew the label "character risk," but the hearing problems and ongoing narcolepsey condition are together the psychophysiological equal of at least an ACL tear (and neither condition can be fixed). I wonder if this guy has been judged a danger to himself and others on a regular-season NFL field of play.

Quote Originally Posted by landspeed
This whole situation just sums up our coaching staff - the inability to develop players.

Joe Flacco, he has started here every game since 2008, but why? Because of injury and illness. He came into 2008 as 3rd on the depth chart AFTER BEING A 1st ROUND DRAFT PICK. Seriously? You pick a QB in the first round and you throw him at the back of the bus when you have Kyle Boller and Troy Smith in front? What a seriously bad judge of talent.

I know you guys dont want to hear it, but Jared Gaithers injury appeared just after John Harbaugh moved him from LT to RT... after having an All Pro year at LT. Why? Because Michael Oher was a movie star and 1st round pick.

Im sorry, but I have a serious issue with this coaching staffs judge of talent and ability to put players in their best position to succeed.
Things broke Flacco's way in preseason 2007 and did so quickly and in a way that left no alternative but Joe. I'm not sure how that proves that he was going to be 3rd string that year. And, yes, Oher was a pop star, but also a guy who did what his coaches asked of him and was/is willing to compete for a job. Gaither was/is a DICK, and apparently viewed himself untouchable and above having to defend/win back his LT position (and $). The Ravens made another character call in this case, and they were correct: Oher remains a cooperative and engaged employee, if at times underwhelming as an OT; and Gaither remains (2 stops later) an NFL roster cancer.