Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries

Re: The Observations of an Excellector.

They are willing to make certain moves, but they have not hit the panic button. However, I do think that Caldwell was brought in as the backup plan. If their struggles on the road continue, it is something to keep an eye on.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    It looks more and more like last year they blew the best opportunity they were going to get to play in the Super Bowl. Everything broke their way from being mostly healthy to a down year for the Steelers to Suggs winning the defensive player of the year and they blew it.
    I have been thinking the same thing. The last two years, they should have won it all. Now the team is close to needing a total rebuild on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    It looks more and more like last year they blew the best opportunity they were going to get to play in the Super Bowl. Everything broke their way from being mostly healthy to a down year for the Steelers to Suggs winning the defensive player of the year and they blew it.
    Yes, it was. They had the 3rd best defense. And Peyton wasn't around either.
    Everything came together and the pass that would have sent that tough as nails team to the super bowl was dropped.

Now, the offensive line needs to change and change now during the bye so Joe can step into his throws.
    The receivers' routes need to become more exotic along with the actual design of the pass plays and formations.
    Our corners need to play press and Upshaw needs to start opposite Suggs and keep everything inbetween them and no one can be allowed to turn the corner on either side.

The Ravens must go into Pittsburgh 7-2 and win 2 of those next 3. And then go to Washingon at least 9-3 because those last 4 games will be tough.
    Pittsburgh had to get by the Redskins and Giants before we ever meet them. So we will see how they are when we meet up with them. We might have a 2 game lead when we go there.

Quote Originally Posted by PerpetuallyBored74 View Post
    Norv is a mediocre head coach, but he is an excellent OC.

He was the OC for the Cowboys in the 90s for 3 years when they won 2 of their 3 Super Bowls. And the Chargers offense has been good to great up until Rivers lost it.

The one thing about Norv is he is more flexible than Cam, tailors his offense more to the strengths of his players, and he will not forget that the Air Coryell is predicated on establishing the run, so Rice won't become an afterthought 2 minutes into the game.
    I second this - I followed the Cowboys from 79 to 97 closely. Daryl Johnston/Emmit Smith were regularly used - the running game was missed during Smith's holdout after the superbowl.

Norv ran timing plays all day with Irvin, slants to Harper... he used his players to their strengths. They had developed a good offensive line.