Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Re: Harbaugh loyal to a fault... Ravens coaching staff

Quote Originally Posted by Kevlar View Post
    I see you are avoiding the question.

Why do you think the team would be worse off ditching Cameron, who no other team in their right mind wants, when there hasn't been a big drop off when we have lost really good coordinators, whom other teams did want, and put into head coaching jobs?

Cameron is a dead albatross around the neck of this franchise.
    I never said the team would be worse off ditching Cameron, please show me where I said this. I have no clue what is said behind closed doors, so why Cameron was brought back this season, I don't have a real answer to. However, I do know it is a lot more complex than "Harbaugh is loyal to a fault". My educated guess is that decision is made as a collective group that starts with Biscotti and includes input from offensive players. If you remember back in 2007, Biscotti guaranteed that Billick would be back, but then fired him a few weeks later b/c he "lost" the locker room. If Flacco and other players hate Cameron as much as people speculate, I don't think he'd be our offensive coordinator. Those feelings are exagerrated big time. Just a guess, but an educated one.

Also, what proof do you have that "no other team in their right mind wants" Cameron as their offensive coordinator. That is nothing beyond pure speculation and not even close to being fact. What is fact is that our offensive output is a lot higher with Cameron and Flacco than it was with any combination under the offensive "guru" of Brian Billick. We can argue "talent" all day, but at the end of the day, every NFL team has world class talent, end of story.

I'm pretty sure w/out the success of the offense, we would have lost both the Pats and the Cowboys game, that can't be argued. Like I said before, I'm waiting to see the end result of the season before making any drastic decisions. This is not the Cleveland Browns who dont' even sniff the playoffs, this is the Baltimore Ravens who are contenders for the 5th year in a row. I trust their judgement to turn it around then I do people sitting at home doing nothing but pointing out every negative stat/play there is and refusing to look at anything positive.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Regarding Pees...I understand why they went with him, but I thought Ted Monachino would be the better choice. Young, hungry, and aggressive.
    You wanted Monachino, I wanted Brooks, neither of us got our wish and we're both pissed off right now.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    You wanted Monachino, I wanted Brooks, neither of us got our wish and we're both pissed off right now.
    Please, do we really think the results would be drastically different with the personnel we've had? There's a reason the Jets defense has a huge drop off w/out Darelle Reivis. Rex was calling the plays with and without him, but when you don't have the horses I don't care who is calling the plays, you will not get the same results. BTW, how is Brooks' d-line doing right now?? They've had the worst performance of the bunch.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by steelerhater View Post
    The last 4 years!
    The things that saved Cam for this year was the fact there were really no appealing candidates to bring in, having the lockout and wanting some continuity with Pagano leaving. I think Cam is done this year though. I don't see Flacco wanting Cam to be back.

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    The things that saved Cam for this year was the fact there were really no appealing candidates to bring in, having the lockout and wanting some continuity with Pagano leaving. I think Cam is done this year though. I don't see Flacco wanting Cam to be back.
    These are much more educated reasons than "Harbaugh is too loyal"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Yup.

I'd be willing to be a pretty penny that had Norv Turner not been retained by San Diego they would have definitely been looking at him as either a replacement or a consultant of some sort.

And it is more than just Flacco likely not wanting him back...how about Ray Rice? Dude gets a serious pay day and is barely included in the offensive game plans. Leach too.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.