Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Re: Harbaugh loyal to a fault... Ravens coaching staff

Quote Originally Posted by srobert96 View Post
    It was not just yesterday. The problems on offense have been ongoing for years. The defense has fallen to bottom five in the league. That is unacceptable. I could see falling to 15-20 range. How is the defense worst than Indy? Because Harbs was loyal to Cam and Moeller they are stuck with one of them next year as they are probably not going to change over their entire staff. It is the coaches responsibility to get the players to perform. I am not expecting them to make decision in season. I think the coaches should be given the bye week to get things turned around. If they dont I am not sure the team makes the playoffs. If they dont I hope they make some significant changes.
    Overreact much? We're not even half way through the season. The Ravens defense was clearly not the same w/out the Defensive Player of the Year as any defense would not be. Nobody expected this big of a drop off, but look at the turnover......wait till the end of the season to judge them. Rankings are pretty meaningless considering yards is used as the barometer. Who cares if you give up 500 yards if you only give up 6 points and win the game?

Why do people find it shocking that a team that has made it to the playoffs 4 years in a row does not make it a habit to fire assistant coaches????? What evidence do we have that constantly replacing assistant coaches is a winning formula?? The Pats haven't won a Super Bowl in 10 years, I wonder if the assistant coaching carousel has anything to do with it.

Yeah, the team really went 0-5 afer ditching Ryan, Pops Mattison, and Pagano.

And those guys were all good coordinators, or at least better than Cameron. They left for better jobs, not because no one else wanted them.

We are stuck with Miami Cam until the boss tells Harbs to shit can him.

Quote Originally Posted by rastaman831226 View Post
    Like to clear up a misconception here. Dean Pees should not get a pass on the state of the Ravens' D. During the last 2 years as New England's D coordinator, Pees was unpopular because his defenses were deemed too soft. Soft as in missed and arm tackling, Linebackers failing to plug gaps, D line getting blown off the ball, etc. Sound familiar? Granted, the N.E defense was in a state of flux during Pees' last two years with seasoned vets retiring or moving on and lesser talent moving in, however; the lack of fundamental skills angered the Patriot fan base and Pees took himself out of the N.E. equation. As a Raven fan, I recall New England signing the versatile former Raven Adalious Thomas who under Pees fell flat on his face because a stubborn Pees insisted Thomas was to be used strictly as a LB. Stubborn, sound familiar?
    Yet they were still top 10 defenses.

NE would be THRILLED if their defenses of the last 2-3 years performed like they did back when Pees was DC.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevlar View Post
    Yeah, the team really went 0-5 afer ditching Ryan, Pops Mattison, and Pagano.

And those guys were all good coordinators, or at least better than Cameron. They left for better jobs, not because no one else wanted them.

We are stuck with Miami Cam until the boss tells Harbs to shit can him.
    First off, none of those guys were "ditched". Second, we promoted from within every single time which is why there wasn't much drop off. Continuity is a big bonus in the ever changing roster/coaching world of the NFL. The player turnover and major injuries on defense is the biggest reason why we see such a drop off this season, not the coaching.

The "boss" has had plenty of opportunities to "shit can" Cameron, there has to be a reason other than "Harbaugh is loyal" as to why he's stayed. Why do people think these issues are so simple??

Ultimately the decision rests with Biscuit.

I know he doesn't like to meddle, but I have to wonder if he isn't a little bit tempted to step in after this season.

Quote Originally Posted by ravens1217 View Post
    First off, none of those guys were "ditched". Second, we promoted from within every single time which is why there wasn't much drop off. Continuity is a big bonus in the ever changing roster/coaching world of the NFL. The player turnover and major injuries on defense is the biggest reason why we see such a drop off this season, not the coaching.

The "boss" has had plenty of opportunities to "shit can" Cameron, there has to be a reason other than "Harbaugh is loyal" as to why he's stayed. Why do people think these issues are so simple??
    This issue is very simple. The front office is more than happy with our offense under Cam Cameron.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerhater View Post
    This issue is very simple. The front office is more than happy with our offense under Cam Cameron.
    What proof do you have?

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    What proof do you have?
    The last 4 years!

Quote Originally Posted by steelerhater View Post
    The last 4 years!
    Do you you have inside info that Steve B is happy with Cam. Didn't think so.

Quote Originally Posted by ravens1217 View Post

I see you are avoiding the question.

Why do you think the team would be worse off ditching Cameron, who no other team in their right mind wants, when there hasn't been a big drop off when we have lost really good coordinators, whom other teams did want, and put into head coaching jobs?

Cameron is a dead albatross around the neck of this franchise.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kevlar View Post
    Cameron is a dead albatross around the neck of this franchise.
    Dead man walking more like it.

Feels like Matt Cavanaugh all over again...except Cam is wasting far more talent than Cavanaugh ever had to work with.