Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Re: My U-G-L-Y Cameron got no alibi

Quote Originally Posted by RavingMad View Post
    An old friend that's on TV after every game, has a super bowl ring and is a former pro bowler. We been down this road before.

Bottom line Jimmy Smith's flaws at corner are being addressed in practice. But the coaching is not translating to Sundays. Go back and listen to coaches discuss Jimmy during Q&A. They always say he's very confident. But he is confident to a fault. He doesn't think there is much he doesn't know. He doesn't want to pass defend. He wants to make a play on the ball. He plays off for that purpose. He always peeking into the backfield. That's why the double move gets him the majority of the time. That's why the 1st round pick was #3 on the corner depth chart behind Cary Williams.
    I hope your "source" is legit because everything you just said kind of makes sense when you reflect on it.

Reading this thread brings on thoughts of suicide. One would believe most of our coaches are borderline incompetent.

LOL, this tread just made my night. Boy do i love this site. Not only is it a Raven Nest for me , but damn Fellow Ravens fans, The brains and sense that on this site is unreal.

I never been a Cam hater, but i'm about to buy a ticket!

Blog Entries

An old friend that's on TV after every game, has a super bowl ring and is a former pro bowler. We been down this road before.

Bottom line Jimmy Smith's flaws at corner are being addressed in practice. But the coaching is not translating to Sundays. Go back and listen to coaches discuss Jimmy during Q&A. They always say he's very confident. But he is confident to a fault. He doesn't think there is much he doesn't know. He doesn't want to pass defend. He wants to make a play on the ball. He plays off for that purpose. He always peeking into the backfield. That's why the double move gets him the majority of the time. That's why the 1st round pick was #3 on the corner depth chart behind Cary Williams.
    Not that I necessarily don't believe you or anything, but that sounds a lot like Boulderraven's claims with having someone "in the know".

However, if true (which I'm not saying it isn't), then it sounds to me like it may be a maturity thing. Lots of cornerbacks come into the league (not just corners...everyone really) trying to make a statement, make a name for themselves, and focus too much on trying to make a big play rather than on fundamentals. He's still a young guy, so hopefully he'll grow out of that.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    However, if true (which I'm not saying it isn't), then it sounds to me like it may be a maturity thing. Lots of cornerbacks come into the league (not just corners...everyone really) trying to make a statement, make a name for themselves, and focus too much on trying to make a big play rather than on fundamentals. He's still a young guy, so hopefully he'll grow out of that.
    Boom, that is what it seems to me. Just watch him play. When he plays good technique he is stride for stride for the WR. He does make plays, so I'm not going to sit here and act like the guy can't play. He is young and needs a mentor to grab him up and say, stop trying to impress Ed Reed and play your position as coached. I tell you what else I don't see. I don't see him getting rained on like Cary Williams.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sua Sponte View Post
    Boom, that is what it seems to me. Just watch him play. When he plays good technique he is stride for stride for the WR. He does make plays, so I'm not going to sit here and act like the guy can't play. He is young and needs a mentor to grab him up and say, stop trying to impress Ed Reed and play your position as coached. I tell you what else I don't see. I don't see him getting rained on like Cary Williams.
    True.

Every now and then he bites on a double move and gets beat, but other than that he plays with decent position.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

I posted a video earlier in this thread about Cody getting man handled by an undersized C. At the begining of the video you can see C. Williams forget he has the deep route on the switch or a bad mis-communication with Pollard. Also in the top of the screen you can see Jimmy against Johnson with Reed over top of course, but just watch how he positions himself keeping the WR to the side line and playing the WR's eyes. Good position and good technique, he just gets caught trying to make a play on the out paterns more often than not.

1. If you didn't see Flacco making audibles its because you don't want to see it to boost your excuses. I can call out at least three right now without re-watching the game. (Hand motions)..."the smoker" "the goatee pull down" and "the two hand ass pat".
    But those are still pulled out of a bag of shit that is from Cam CAM.

Not bad for a RUNNING BACK!!! Now that is funny.
    #FIREROMAN

Quote Originally Posted by RavensQB View Post
    But those are still pulled out of a bag of shit that is from Cam CAM.
    Your hate for the OC is making you ignore that ALL vet quarterbacks have input on the playbook. This is the norm for all vet QB(s).

Your hate for the OC is making you ignore that ALL vet quarterbacks have input on the playbook. This is the norm for all vet QB(s).
    Now that is some funny stuff.....

You can still Joe roll his eyes when he gets playcalls coming in. It has become comical. Just as comical that people defend Cam Cam soooooooooo much.

#FIREROMAN

Quote Originally Posted by RavensQB View Post
    Now that is some funny stuff.....

You can still Joe roll his eyes when he gets playcalls coming in. It has become comical. Just as comical that people defend Cam Cam soooooooooo much.
    That's not eye rolling. That's Joe blinking. He does everything a second or 2 slow.

Now that Joe is calling plays some still want to absolve him of responsibility sooooooooooooooo much.

That's not eye rolling. That's Joe blinking. He does everything a second or 2 slow.

Now that Joe is calling plays some still want to absolve him of responsibility sooooooooooooooo much.
    And from whose pile of crap playbook is Joe choosing from???

#FIREROMAN