Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Re: My U-G-L-Y Cameron got no alibi

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    Was there one slant play at all in that game? They tried the screen 2x one time it was batted another was a TD but Cam left it and went back to his patent 20yrds deep patterns and out routes. No rub plays, no TE screens, no Rice screens, no creativity what so ever, I've never played a down in the NFL in my life and i predicted the offense.
    JSmoove, there was one at least in the first drive. Joe dropped back quickly and hit Torrey on a slant for about 7 to 8 yards, a pretty good play. The bad omen on the play, Joe was nailed right after he threw it, 2 seconds for him to make the throw and he was still throttled by a Texan, knew from then on that they were going to get pressure ane bring it which makes the next series of all throws and the end zone possision all the more baffling but it is Cam.

Quote Originally Posted by SugarRay52 View Post
    Tony are there any rumblings that the Ravens are at least putting Cameron on a very very short leash, anything? Hell make something up LOL.
    I've heard nothing although reading between the lines, I don't think the scouts are real keen on Cam. I find it interesting that Harbaugh avoids hiring coaches that might be head coaching candidates (Nolan, Spagnuolo come to mind). I'm sure Pagano was a big surprise to them. Meanwhile the Steelers don't hesitate to fire Bruce Arians if it isn't working despite the attachment he had to Roethlisberger.
    Follow me on Twitter @RSRLombardi

Harbaugh seems to surround himself with coaches who have close family ties and connections. Which most likely ISN'T the best candidate for the job. That is the only beef I have with Harbaugh. Stop giving jobs to charity cases you feel bad for and just hire the best people.

The era of Cam Cameron in the NFL should have died in Miami.

Blog Entries

You want to see U-G-L-Y?

What stands out to you in this video?

Besides a mis-communication that is a known issue with Williams and Pollard. I see Pollard up close to cover, so why would Williams think he is covering a WR across the middle is beyond me, of course a bigger slower Safety is going to the TE on the switch.
    The bigger issue is watch Cody get manhandled by the C. That is embarrassing. Your previous mentioned name of Mount cody has been squandered, your are not Speed Bump Cody (easy to get over).

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...re-ravens-loss

Quote Originally Posted by RavingMad View Post
    1. If you didn't see Flacco making audibles its because you don't want to see it to boost your excuses. I can call out at least three right now without re-watching the game. (Hand motions)..."the smoker" "the goatee pull down" and "the two hand ass pat".

2. Talent is the major issue but the coaching staff's message is already stale (it seems) and the effort seems to be lacking by some players. IMO Cam and Pees should be let go. It's just time for a change more than anything (specifically Cam). Like I said it is more talent than scheme or should I say talent dictates scheme. In any case the morale on both sides seems to be suffering.

3. I have said before that Jimmy Smith is a FS. His hips are stiff and his instincts don't fit the corner position. He can't stop peeking at the quarterback and biting on the double move.

4. Back in 2010 I noticed and mentioned that Flacco was very slow in the drop back. Add to this he seems to process things a second or 2 too slow. A bad combination for timing and pass blocking. Not the great athlete many claim he is.

5. Back in 2008/09 Ozzie said that an injured Demetrius Williams was the answer to our receiving problems. What has Williams done in this league since that statement? Is he even still in the league?? But that was Ozzie evaluation of Williams talent at the time when the need was so obvious to upgrade the position. Ozzie has been right in evaluations more than wrong overall since 96....but lately the misses are catching up fast with the hits. This past draft they used words like "antsy" and "reach" to describe some of their picks. Not a good sign. Talent and talent evaluation is a huge problem my friends and the major reason for the recent struggles.
    Regarding point 4, to me it looks like Flacco is concentrating too much; so much so, he, at numerous times, seems unaware of the collapsing pocket - a common condition he should be rather used to by now.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KbubbaK View Post
    And usually in stride, which is very important. Joe rarely hits a receiver in stride. His passes are usually too low or behind the receiver.
    I think the windows that Flacco is throwing into has a lot to do with that. He has one of the best sideline passes in the NFL right now and he is very accurate up to like 35-40 yards, which is not easy for any QB to do. I think we're seeing a lot of inaccurate passes (not including the what-the-fuck passes that are anomalies) because he just has to try and put the ball in places where only the WR has a chance at it and the defender doesn't.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

1. If you didn't see Flacco making audibles its because you don't want to see it to boost your excuses. I can call out at least three right now without re-watching the game. (Hand motions)..."the smoker" "the goatee pull down" and "the two hand ass pat".

2. Talent is the major issue but the coaching staff's message is already stale (it seems) and the effort seems to be lacking by some players. IMO Cam and Pees should be let go. It's just time for a change more than anything (specifically Cam). Like I said it is more talent than scheme or should I say talent dictates scheme. In any case the morale on both sides seems to be suffering.

3. I have said before that Jimmy Smith is a FS. His hips are stiff and his instincts don't fit the corner position. He can't stop peeking at the quarterback and biting on the double move.

4. Back in 2010 I noticed and mentioned that Flacco was very slow in the drop back. Add to this he seems to process things a second or 2 too slow. A bad combination for timing and pass blocking. Not the great athlete many claim he is.

5. Back in 2008/09 Ozzie said that an injured Demetrius Williams was the answer to our receiving problems. What has Williams done in this league since that statement? Is he even still in the league?? But that was Ozzie evaluation of Williams talent at the time when the need was so obvious to upgrade the position. Ozzie has been right in evaluations more than wrong overall since 96....but lately the misses are catching up fast with the hits. This past draft they used words like "antsy" and "reach" to describe some of their picks. Not a good sign. Talent and talent evaluation is a huge problem my friends and the major reason for the recent struggles.
    You know, Jimmy Smith at free safety could be pretty interesting.

He wouldn't be the first corner to be dropped back. The Saints did it most recently with Malcom Jenkins and that has worked out decently for them. He's one of the better young safeties in the league right now.

I still think Jimmy can be a solid starting corner. He's just not the type of guy who can play 8-10 yards off the ball and turn and run with speedy receivers, but you put him up on the LOS and they have a hard time getting away from him because of his size and length.

Nnamdi is the same type of corner.

I just don't think the Ravens are using Jimmy's strengths right now. Same with Cary. Lining these guys 8-10 yards off of the receiver is craziness. That is - IMO - one of the main reasons why this D cannot get off the field. All their opponents are doing is running come-back option routes and picking up 9,10, and 11 yards a clip without even breaking a sweat.

From what I hear it's more Jimmy than coaching. His mistakes are not new. "Coaching him up" has been pushed by the coaching staff. But it just doesn't carry over into games. He falls back into habits he is more comfortable with, habits that worked in college because of his great athletic ability...but not at this level. IMO Jimmy Smith could/should be Reed's replacement at FS in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I still think Jimmy can be a solid starting corner. He's just not the type of guy who can play 8-10 yards off the ball and turn and run with speedy receivers, but you put him up on the LOS and they have a hard time getting away from him because of his size and length.
    I watched Jimmy Smith in his very first start, last year's preseason game against the Chiefs. He played up at the line against Dwayne Bowe. He ran with Bowe every step of the way on every play, and Bowe caught two balls: one short pass that Smith nearly knocked away but Bowe made a great play on, and an absolutely perfect sideline throw that Bowe caught over his outside shoulder and no one could have defensed.

I haven't seen that Jimmy Smith since that game.

Blog Entries

From what I hear it's more Jimmy than coaching. His mistakes are not new. "Coaching him up" has been pushed by the coaching staff. But it just doesn't carry over into games. He falls back into habits he is more comfortable with, habits that worked in college because of his great athletic ability...but not at this level. IMO Jimmy Smith could/should be Reed's replacement at FS in the near future.
    Where are you hearing that from?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by moose10101 View Post
    I watched Jimmy Smith in his very first start, last year's preseason game against the Chiefs. He played up at the line against Dwayne Bowe. He ran with Bowe every step of the way on every play, and Bowe caught two balls: one short pass that Smith nearly knocked away but Bowe made a great play on, and an absolutely perfect sideline throw that Bowe caught over his outside shoulder and no one could have defensed.

I haven't seen that Jimmy Smith since that game.
    Yep.

The whole reason they got Jimmy in the first place was because they wanted physical cornerbacks who could play press coverage. Obviously that was what Chuck Pagano's defense was all about and it worked most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Where are you hearing that from?
    An old friend that's on TV after every game, has a super bowl ring and is a former pro bowler. We been down this road before.

Bottom line Jimmy Smith's flaws at corner are being addressed in practice. But the coaching is not translating to Sundays. Go back and listen to coaches discuss Jimmy during Q&A. They always say he's very confident. But he is confident to a fault. He doesn't think there is much he doesn't know. He doesn't want to pass defend. He wants to make a play on the ball. He plays off for that purpose. He always peeking into the backfield. That's why the double move gets him the majority of the time. That's why the 1st round pick was #3 on the corner depth chart behind Cary Williams.