Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Why does Birk use the exact same shotgun snap routine every freaking time?

1) Look back at Flacco.
    2) Drop head.
    3) Snap on one-count.
    4) Get Flacco killed.

Never looks up again, never holds the ball for an extra second or two to throw off the rushers. Just gives them the best possible jump on the snap.

This O-line might actually look OK on the road if the D-line didn't know the exact instant that the ball will be snapped. It's like a middle-school team. They could even draw some encroachment penalties if they'd just mix it up a little. How difficult could that be?

Re: Why does Birk use the exact same shotgun snap routine every freaking time?

He's got nine more games as a Raven. Hope Joe survives

Blog Entries

it's Cams fault

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Actually, it could be Andy Moellers fault. Not even joking about that.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Actually, it could be Andy Moellers fault. Not even joking about that.
    Yes, it is. It's the coach's job to keep players from becoming too predictable. And if the average fan can see it, the coach should have seen it in training camp and FIXED IT!

Why do I get the feeling that Pees is going to be the fall guy for all of the incompetence on offense?

Birk has done this since he got here. Teams timing the snap got really bad at one point and he did change it up, and I recall a particular game when they were able to create three or four offsides penalties. That put a temporary end to it...but he reverted shortly thereafter.

I can recall an interview with Ray Lewis where he showed film on Eddie George and had picked up on a "tell" where George's toe was slightly offset before the snap and Ray knew which way the play was going. If they pay attention to this little detail, you know they are paying attention to Birk's headsnap routine.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    Birk has done this since he got here. Teams timing the snap got really bad at one point and he did change it up, and I recall a particular game when they were able to create three or four offsides penalties. That put a temporary end to it...but he reverted shortly thereafter.

I can recall an interview with Ray Lewis where he showed film on Eddie George and had picked up on a "tell" where George's toe was slightly offset before the snap and Ray knew which way the play was going. If they pay attention to this little detail, you know they are paying attention to Birk's headsnap routine.
    Maybe while Ray is hurt they should have him doing the self scouting for our offense and try to pick out those little tells

Quote Originally Posted by Brtnder81 View Post
    Maybe while Ray is hurt they should have him doing the self scouting for our offense and try to pick out those little tells
    He would be great at that. A good coach should have all of his players doing that.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post

Also, anyone else notice that Yanda waves his hand right behind Birk's leg and then Birk snaps it directly after? That's a pretty big tell as well.

This is a problem and one reason why DL's are able to jump the snap like they do against the Ravens.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by moose10101 View Post
    He would be great at that. A good coach should have all of his players doing that.
    I'm sure they are, but who knows if Andy Moeller and Cam are actually listening.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

How that drunk Moeller is still here i dont know, we fired Matsko for him??? The Oline is still atrocious and he still gets DUIs..smh..I want Steve B to lay the hammer down in the offseason.

Blog Entries

How the o-line coach even has a job is puzzling. We need a real o-line coach in here.