Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Time for some in house changes?

Quote Originally Posted by JustaslowZ06 View Post
    And those praising Pees and what he did in NE. He had a certain guy named Brady on the other side of the ball eating up clock and putting u points, forcing the opposing team's to go pass happy to play catch up. SO I'm not sol on his defensive genius. If you're D is riding a 10 point cushion, or more, it makes it ALOT easier.
    I would agree. But then you also have to question an offense that can't stay on the field, can't convert 1st downs and outside of 50+ yard FGs, can score over the last 6 quarters. When that happens, it gets real ugly.

Blog Entries

I kept hearing Flacco audible "Omaha and Alaska" so I don't think it's Cam calling all of those plays.

Look what the Panther just did, fired their GM. Who's responsible for the lack of talent on the team?
    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Ugh..... The Playcalling is so freaking bad it is not funny. SB should just FIRE CAM now and try to salvage what we can now. Sorry but CAM is not going to change and the road games are not going to get any better. Round hole SQUARE fucking PEG!!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard View Post
    Okay, so fundamentally, what are the issues? And I'm looking for fundamentals, not "we have good players, they should be playing better".
    The time allowed in the pocket for Flacco is so bad that's the worst issue you can have, and more times than not, it's the blocking system not the players at fault for that. The players are to blame, but they are put in a system that simply doe snot suit them.

Btw, I'm not defending Flacco either, he played like shit yesterday, but the Oline needs to be better then what it is no matter how good or bad Flacco is playing.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JustaslowZ06 View Post
    And those praising Pees and what he did in NE. He had a certain guy named Brady on the other side of the ball eating up clock and putting u points, forcing the opposing team's to go pass happy to play catch up. SO I'm not sol on his defensive genius. If you're D is riding a 10 point cushion, or more, it makes it ALOT easier.
    People really need to look at WHY Pees left NE to begin with. Who leaves a DC job to become a LB coach? The fact of the matter is Pees was on the verge of being demoted/ fired. His contract expired and the Pats didn't want him back. I wonder why?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    The time allowed in the pocket for Flacco is so bad that's the worst issue you can have, and more times than not, it's the blocking system not the players at fault for that. The players are to blame, but they are put in a system that simply doe snot suit them.
    Then how was it a top 5 offense going into yesterday's game?
    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    Saying the Ravens won't make the playoffs is a stretch. Let's not get carried away. It's very likely that we go 4-0 or either 3-1 the rest of the way at home. Which means we need just two road wins to get to 10-6, with Cleveland on the schedule that's already one. The Ravens will find away to win another or two to get in. After that it's anyone's ball game. I am not conceding the division, the playoffs, or the Superbowl over one game. Every loss counts the same and we were not going to go undefeated.
    While I'm not necessarily giving up on the season there is NO way you can automatically count any road wins, even Cleveland. Cleveland gave us a dogfight at home and with the way this team is on the road you can't count on anything except maybe that they will be inconsistent. Hopefully the bye will help with extra preparation but if the defense hasn't shown any improvement over six straight games then I'm not so sure the bye is going to be a miraculous cure.
    Last edited by Cj34; 10-22-2012 at 12:21 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Then how was it a top 5 offense going into yesterday's game?
    All of those big games on offense were at home. The Oline has actually been better than average in the games played at home (apart from the Browns game). Crowd noise seems to really affect this Oline, and the coaches need to do something to fix this as other offensive lines have coped far better on the road.

What happened to our Oline from 08 and 09 were Rice ad McGahee had huge holes to run through? Hell even LeRon McClain had 900 rushing yards, and he's a fullback. We ran a pure power run scheme then, and that's what we should be running today, none of this hybrid ZBS crap. If you want to run a ZBS, get the players that fit into it! Your not going to have that with a 36 year old playing center, or guys who weigh over 330 lbs like Bobbie Williams.

I wish Harbs had the balls to smack Cameron and then tell Joe to fire up the offense on the sidelines instead of sitting by himself on the bench. This team needs some fire from the top and I am just not seeing it week to week.

Fire Cameron as soon as possible.

Blog Entries

All of those big games on offense were at home. The Oline has actually been better than average in the games played at home (apart from the Browns game). Crowd noise seems to really affect this Oline, and the coaches need to do something to fix this as other offensive lines have coped far better on the road.

What happened to our Oline from 08 and 09 were Rice ad McGahee had huge holes to run through? Hell even LeRon McClain had 900 rushing yards, and he's a fullback. We ran a pure power run scheme then, and that's what we should be running today, none of this hybrid ZBS crap. If you want to run a ZBS, get the players that fit into it! Your not going to have that with a 36 year old playing center, or guys who weigh over 330 lbs like Bobbie Williams.
    Only one player was here both of those years and that is Yanda. The rest of that OL is gone. Oher came in 2009. In 2008, the OL looked so young and promising. Gaither, Grubbs, Brown, Yanda. And then adding Oher in 2009. Imagine if we could have kept that group healthy and together. It's amazing how quickly a unit of strength can become a major weakness.

Only one player was here both of those years and that is Yanda. The rest of that OL is gone. Oher came in 2009. In 2008, the OL looked so young and promising. Gaither, Grubbs, Brown, Yanda. And then adding Oher in 2009. Imagine if we could have kept that group healthy and together. It's amazing how quickly a unit of strength can become a major weakness.
    Ray Rice had a great year last year, and the Ravens made it to within one dropped pass from making it to the Super Bowl. If they would have left the OL alone, and just replaced Grubbs with KO, they would be in much better shape right now. I would have loved to have seen them keep Grubbs, but if that wasn't possible due to the salary cap, then they actually found a gem in KO to replace him with for THIS season. Nothing is stopping them from moving Oher to LT and KO to RT next year after they have a chance to get a better LG and C in the draft or through FA.

People really need to look at WHY Pees left NE to begin with. Who leaves a DC job to become a LB coach? The fact of the matter is Pees was on the verge of being demoted/ fired. His contract expired and the Pats didn't want him back. I wonder why?
    If Marvin gets the axe at Cinncy,bring back the architect of this defense. Move Caldwell up to OC. If Rex gets canned,bring back Dennis Thurman for DB"s and Mike Pettine fo LB'S. We've lost too many good coaches over the past few seasons and it's starting to show. We also need OL,WR and Special Teams coaches. We need an overhaul.

I asked you before about what fundamentals our guys were weak at, and I still haven't seen anything that pinpoints one. As a previous poster said, we had a Top 5 offense through six games. In a loud environment yesterday, did we have even one false start by an O-lineman yesterday? I don't think so. So your position is questionable.

And RE: zone blocking, we have the horses to do that. Oher, Yanda and Osemele were chosen in part because of their abilities to move laterally and get in space. OK, Birk not so much, but better than guys from the past like Bennie Anderson, Zeus, etc. when we ran a more mauling straight-ahead style.

Preston has already nailed it. It's all about speed rushers off the edge. Our tackles can't deal with them. Look who we've struggled against, they have that element for the most part. That is a talent issue, not one of fundamentals. I was fully expecting them to keep a TE or McKinnie in to max protect, but they didn't. That is to me, just being unprepared on the coaching side. They knew what the Texans brought, and they essentially ignored it. And the batted balls...damn, is there anyone that covers the NFL not aware that they do this more than any team? They didn't even try to counter that. No adjustments at all. It's talent, and it is also an excellent example of the coaching staff laying a deuce on the 50 yard line.

We don't have the flexibility to run 2 TEs in patterns against teams that can rush the passer off the edge. We need to run plays that neutralize the rush. Screens, draws, rollouts...and QUICK DEVELOPING PASS PATTERNS. This isn't fucking rocket science. Play to your strengths, not your weaknesses!

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

What "fact" would that be?
    NE's (total) defensive ranking from 2006-2009 was 6th, 4th, 10th and 11th.
    Certainly, a mild downward trend, but not exactly worthy of termination, so let's not make stuff up.

I would think that if Pees was on the verge of being demoted/fired as you state then BB would have either had a successor at-the-ready or would have promoted an assistant. Well, neither one of those things happened. Instead, NE went into and through the 2010 season with no one at DC (nor at OC either as I recall).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    What "fact" would that be?
    NE's (total) defensive ranking from 2006-2009 was 6th, 4th, 10th and 11th.
    Certainly, a mild downward trend, but not exactly worthy of termination, so let's not make stuff up.

I would think that if Pees was on the verge of being demoted/fired as you state then BB would have either had a successor at-the-ready or would have promoted an assistant. Well, neither one of those things happened. Instead, NE went into and through the 2010 season with no one at DC (nor at OC either as I recall).
    I can read that as Belichek saying that having Pees is about the same as having no DC at all.