Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Re: Time for some in house changes?

Quote Originally Posted by DrUnk View Post
    Harbs needs to grow a set, and get in his coaches faces when they are calling a bad game.
    And in the players faces when they demonstrate a lack of discipline on the field!!
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    I might be confused on the timing but Harbaugh wanted to take a more active role in the offense THIS YEAR. And if you haven't seen a major change your blind. The team is almost exclusively using the hurry up/no huddle offense.
    If you go back and listen to the end of season presser, Harbs promised to get involved with the offense after the 2010 season, ot last year. And the previous poster was right. Fundamentally nothing has changed.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by steelerhater View Post
    Its pretty obvious if you've been paying attention over the last 4 years. Cam can do no wrong in Harbaugh's eyes. Two years ago he said that the offense had to get better and he would take a more active role in it. Not a single thing changed for the remainder of that season nor did it change the following season. I watched the steelers last night with their (supposedly) makeshift line calling plays, such as wide-receiver screens, that made Ben successfull. If they have a bad offensive line you wouldn't know it by watching their offense.
    So, you basically can't prove what you said.

This is your opinion, which is fine, but don't sit there and say that Harbs doesn't know what is going on and doesn't attend offensive meetings. There is no possible way that you could know that and I have a hard time believing that any coach (esp the head coach) would basically just sit around and twiddle his thumbs until Sunday when they take the field, which is essentially what you're implying by saying Harbaugh doesn't know what's going on and isn't involved.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ravenjoe View Post
    And in the players faces when they demonstrate a lack of discipline on the field!!
    Pay attention to the sidelines. He does that.

Remember a couple of pre-seasons ago when Ellerbe had a pick 6 and started acting like an asshole on the field? As soon as he got off the field Harbs was in his face ripping him a new one.

When Christian Thompson got into some swings on Sunday against Houston as soon as he came off the sideline Harbs was right there saying "what the hell was that?"
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

I has now officially given up on Cam. get him gone. now. Billick firing Fassell was one of his best moves and it paid off. promote Caldwell. NOW.
    I think Belichek was his own DC in Nengland. bottom line, the D is poor now, and it's probly a combo talent loss and coaching. I for one would love to see Rex come back but know that isn't likely. don't think they realized how much JJ and Redding were contributing; or maybe they figured the O was ready to light it up. maybe they still will; Hst has a good D.
    let's face it, no one here wants 10-6 and a brief playoff run. That's Norv Turner territory.
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

Blog Entries

I keep seeing post about Flacco audibles and it not being just Cam calling the plays. What the F does Flacoo audible too, some shit he made up. He still gets calls from the sideline and when a QB usually audibles he gets a primary call and a secondary call or is trained to audible to certain calls in certain situations. Either way, unless it is a run 97% of the offensive play calling is slow developing routes and take to much time to develop. Just watch some other games, I can't sit here and say well the OL is playing bad, Flacco is playing bad, the WR's never get seperation or open. Your damn right they don't because they are coached that way, the scheme is setup for a primary target with a secondary and maybe a dumpoff if that is not the second option. If they go 4 wide (3 WR, 1TE) 2 of those players are decoys in this offense. They run donm the field because that is what they are asked to do. Just go occupy some space young fella, don't worry about looking back or breaking off of a route into a open area, just occupy space. It is obvious, and when Cam decides to stop running when Rice when he is average 4.6 YPC it is even easy. Drop 2 safeties and the LB covers ther middle which they are not going after anyway. Teams could literally rush 6 ever snap against Cams offense in passing situations.
    Joe had a lousy game and Cam is just Cam, I wanted him gone 3 years ago and that will not change even if Flacco comes back and puts up 300 a game and 30 td's.
    Fire Cam and let Caldwell take the helm. It's not like they need to shop for a coordinator and Caldwell knows Joe enough now to get this thing going. Cut the Bull Shit Harbs, grow a pair and part ways with monkey that has been on this teams back years.
    If I can call the O play before Joe even gets under center or I'm about 85% when he audibles then what do you think a professional coordinator is doing.

hahaahha this made my day Sua:

I keep seeing post about Flacco audibles and it not being just Cam calling the plays. What the F does Flacoo audible too, some shit he made up. He still gets calls from the sideline and when a QB usually audibles he gets a primary call and a secondary call or is trained to audible to certain calls in certain situations