Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The same song and dance

Haven't we been down this road before.. Its like a Deja vu. Flacco gets flustered, you stop running ray rice when

he's getting good yardage, and you continue to use long slow developing plays when the O-line is getting mauled..

If we as fans can see this, what the hell is going on over at the castle?

iggyman555 Guest

Re: The same song and dance

wasnt harbs supposed to have more input or control of the offensive game plan?

Blog Entries

Harbs doesn't know shit about O or D. Cam Cameron is patheitic at in game adjustments, he is to stubborn and will just say we didn't execute the plays that were called. Well guess what buddy there is another team on the field playing defense pretty damn good and your game plan sucks. If I can sit on my couch and figure out what the play is going to be before Joe starts yelling NASCAR, Blue 42, then what do you think a professional Wade Philips is doing. Wade had a smile on his face from ear to ear the entire game, starting from the first snap. He had Cam figured out before he even left the tunnel

You'd actually have to run Rice to say they "stopped" running Rice. After the first 3 plays, he didn't touch the ball for a long while.

Its like someone forced Cam to draw up those first 3 plays to involve Rice, built us all up, and then pulled the rug out for the rest of the game.

Blog Entries

What is the point of signing Ray Rice to a big contract and having the highest paid FB in the league in Leach, if you aren't going to use them? At least on the road, the Ravens have not shown themselves to be such an explosive passing offense that they can afford to abandon the run so quickly. Year after year, this story doesn't change.

Blog Entries

Sua Sponte

Let's not forget that Wade and Cam were together in SD. So, Wade not only knows the Ravens from tape but he personally knows Cam from facing his offense every day in practice in SD. Cam didn't change it up enough to catch Houston off guard.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    What is the point of signing Ray Rice to a big contract and having the highest paid FB in the league in Leach, if you aren't going to use them? At least on the road, the Ravens have not shown themselves to be such an explosive passing offense that they can afford to abandon the run so quickly. Year after year, this story doesn't change.
    I feel like the front office and the coaching staff aren't on the same page. It appears the coaches want to go with a pass happy agressive offense, yet we are paying Rice and Leach a ton of money. I'd feel a lot better had they not paid Rice, gone with Pierce (who is making $400k). At least if Pierce was running, it'd only be $40k a rush.

I would love to know what Stevie and Oz are thinking right now.

Not b/c I gravitate towards drama like the anchor girls at ESPN, but b/c I think they are both faced with some difficult circumstances around the decisions ahead of them.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    Sua Sponte

Let's not forget that Wade and Cam were together in SD. So, Wade not only knows the Ravens from tape but he personally knows Cam from facing his offense every day in practice in SD. Cam didn't change it up enough to catch Houston off guard.
    He must've kept the playbook and it showed

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Great comment as Cam simply will not make adjustments and had his ass handed to him by Phillips. Pees also does not seem to be able to set up blitz schemes that are not obvious. Even I could see where the blitz's were coming from and were easy to pick up giving Schaub an easy time in the pocket. The coordinators are both terrible which will reflect upon the Head Coach this year. We will see if Harbs is able to recover but this team has so many holes that they are now exposed. I am still convinced that this is a coaching staff that is not ready for the "big dance".

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    Any chance that Leach could play a little LB? (LOL)

12. Re: The same song and dance

Quote Originally Posted by houstonravensfan View Post
    Any chance that Leach could play a little LB? (LOL)
    Wouldn't shock me if he was an improvement, at least with stopping the run.