Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Re: Mcnair couldn't win in the rain and Flacco can't win on the road...

I wish the Ravens would go 16-0 every year then these stupid threads wouldn't exist, then again some people
    just can't help but complain about every little thing.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SugarRay52 View Post
    I wish the Ravens would go 16-0 every year then these stupid threads wouldn't exist, then again some people
    So getting waxed by 30 points after displaying disturbing trends on both sides of the ball and having a coaching staff with their collective heads up their anuses is a "little" thing? This team is in trouble, bud.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by highwater View Post
    Flacco had a very bad game, no doubt, but blaming that safety on him is a stretch to say the least. He didn't have a chance on that play. Pass protection was poor most of the game but that play was the worst.
    Saw this in King's MMQB today:
    Quote Originally Posted by Connor Barwin, Texans OLB
    "I think spying Rice helped. We did that on a lot of third downs because we knew Flacco liked to go to him so much on third down.''
    Re the safety, IIRC someone said that Barwin "didn't look like he was coming." Likely he wasn't--he was there to spy Rice, but when Rice moved to the other side of the formation because the other OLB, Brooks Reid, looked to be blitzing, Barwin had no responsibility & a free run at Flacco. In fact, it smells like that was the setup on that play--whichever LB was nearer Rice spied him & the other blitzed. Another wrinkle that opponents will copy & the Ravens will need to counter.

Quote Originally Posted by SugarRay52 View Post
    wtf?
    Ravens have been looking bad for weeks now in different aspects of the game even though they got lucky wins because of other team screw-ups. The suckiness came to a creshendo(sp?) yesterday. They got a mudhole stomped in them, and you still wanna stay in homer mode and pretend everything is just fine?

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    Good breakdown there. I knew he was up in there in terms of total wins but didn't know how it stacked up against other QBs. Where did you get those stats? Would love to see Flacco's QB rating, home and away since 2008
    I didn't see the original quote because Squeeler trolls are put on ignore, but from what I see the troll listed the home vs. away stats for eight probowl QBs, four (maybe five) of which are going to the HOF.

We've already seen how often Joe has to play against top 10 defenses, so figure half of those are on the road.

The original troll who started this thread, and all his little troll buddies, get off on trying to bash Flacco. Meanwhile real Ravens' fans are happy to have such a talented QB leading us to a lot more victories than losses.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Quote Originally Posted by Whitty Hutton View Post
    wtf?
    Ravens have been looking bad for weeks now in different aspects of the game even though they got lucky wins because of other team screw-ups. The suckiness came to a creshendo(sp?) yesterday. They got a mudhole stomped in them, and you still wanna stay in homer mode and pretend everything is just fine?
    I understand that trolls, by their very nature, have a limited amount of brain power to use but you do realize the Ravens are 5-2, having played only one team with a losing record.

At least try to make your trolling interesting next time. Thanks.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Blog Entries

So...

criticism=trolling?

LOL

As for the premise of this thread:

Flacco is the only QB in NFL history to win 4 road playoff games in his first three years in the league, isn't he?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    Nobody is disputing that Joe had a bad game. I don't think it was literally the worst game a QB has had in the past 5 years, as ESPN is implying; I'm not even sure it was his worst game ever individually. But it was a bad, bad game.

The point is, probably moreso than any other position in football, a QB's performance is very dependent on those around him. Joe is not, and may never be, capable of individually overcoming the failures of everyone around him on offense--and that's what happened yesterday. The ONLY player on offense who seemed to be having any success was Ray Rice, and a combination of Cam forgetting about him and being down 2 scores most of the game removed him from the equation.

The corollary to that point is that the Ravens have now become a team where they CANNOT overcome Joe having a bad game. In the past, through a combination of defense and a great rushing attack, the Ravens could survive a bad performance from Joe--no longer.
    If ESPN said that they are continuing to prove just what idiots they are. Thats not even close to the worst performance by a QB in the last 5 years. That wasn't even Flaccos worst performance of his career.

Blog Entries

Mark Sanchez's performance against the Ravens in Baltimore last year (2011) was the worst Qb'ing i have seen in the last five years.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ballhawk View Post
    Mark Sanchez's performance against the Ravens in Baltimore last year (2011) was the worst Qb'ing i have seen in the last five years.
    That was bad. But Romo threw 5 int's (two were pick 6) vs. the Bears a few weeks ago. That was a dreadful game.

Flacco's worst career performance had to be that game vs the Bengals in 2010(?).

Quote Originally Posted by ballhawk View Post
    Anthony Wright, who for some god awful reason we signed later, had the worst game I'd ever seen against the ravens. I forget what year it was, but he was playing for Dallas and he was horrible.

From what I've seen from Joe so far in his career, it has reinforced my belief that his closes comparison is Matt Schaub.

And that's not bad at all. Nothing is wrong with that.

I just think his contract needs to be more in line with Schaubs (given some extra considering the age difference).
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.