Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Mcnair couldn't win in the rain and Flacco can't win on the road...

....against quality teams. That is all. I'm not a troll. I'm not on or off the bandwagon. But Jpe Flacco is in his 5th year and he is what he is.... a very good QB at times, who struggles to win on the road against good teams. The Ravens will struggle to win it all with Flacco. Just my .02.

Blog Entries

Re: Mcnair couldn't win in the rain and Flacco can't win on the road...

It wasn't just Joe though. The defense was shit outside of Suggs. The o-line was a nightmare. Cam was Cam. Joe was a major reason why they didn't win but there were a lot of others.
    Last edited by GOTA; 10-21-2012 at 07:39 PM. Reason: stupid auto-spelling

The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area

Furry-
    I understand what you are saying, but I think GOTA has it right - it was a total team "effort" today, including the coaches.

Quote Originally Posted by Beau Petard View Post
    Furry-
    I understand what you are saying, but I think GOTA has it right - it was a total team "effort" today, including the coaches.
    I agree... And Texan's pass rush is great. Why can't our WR's get separation? Is it play calling? Is it the Texans secondary, or is it our WRs? A little of all of it?

Quote Originally Posted by RedSkins Fury View Post
    ....against quality teams. That is all. I'm not a troll. I'm not on or off the bandwagon. But Jpe Flacco is in his 5th year and he is what he is.... a very good QB at times, who struggles to win on the road against good teams. The Ravens will struggle to win it all with Flacco. Just my .02.
    He was 2-1 on the road against teams with winning records last year. 3-3 in 2010. Most really good QB's go something close to .500 on the road.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

This is getting ridiculous.

What did the Texans finish with? 4 sacks 7 pass deflections 6 QH 4 knockdowns something like that.

Not to mention the drops.

Don't get me wrong, that safety was all on Joe. But aside from that and a few bad throws, I'm having a hard time saying Joe Flacco lost this game.
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

–Eleanor Roosevelt

And I know the score and stats may not support my view... but I was happy with the way the D played most of the time.

Blog Entries

Our coaches failed in an Epic way today, they never make the adjustments to make this team succeed, i wish Harbaugh would rip Cam and Piss Pees a new one and stop watching his assistant piss away games, special teams gave us good field position all day and killa cam did his best to give it away.

Blog Entries

Flacco has 4 wins on the road in the playoffs against quality teams. He can win against quality teams on the road. He has just been bad this year for some reason.

And I know the score and stats may not support my view... but I was happy with the way the D played most of the time.
    They started off well, but the Texans almost had 500 yards and the defense gave up 35 points.

The offense didn't help though with all those 3 and outs.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Flacco has 4 wins on the road in the playoffs against quality teams. He can win against quality teams on the road. He has just been bad this year for some reason.
    The Ravens lost on a bullshit OPI in Philly not to mention the defense couldn't stop the Eagles all day. They won in KC with the entire team playing poorly and then you have today.

I just don't understand why Joe has to be historically better on the road than some of the all time great QB's.

Blog Entries

The stats and points don't support it. Outside of Suggs what was there to like? After today they might be the 32nd ranked defense in the NFL.

The players don't even like it. Last week Aaron Wilson tweeted a whole bunch of quotes from Ngata who was embarrassed by how poorly the defense played. This week he put up Suggs quotes which pretty bad.

Here's the one I retweeted

Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider
    Terrell Suggs: 'There's no sugarcoating, call a spade a spade, they whipped our ass.'
    Retweeted by GOTA