Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 106
  1. #91
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    section 132
    Posts
    2,648
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Mcnair couldn't win in the rain and Flacco can't win on the road...



    So...

    criticism=trolling?

    LOL

    As for the premise of this thread:

    Flacco is the only QB in NFL history to win 4 road playoff games in his first three years in the league, isn't he?




  2. #92
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Greensboro, North Carolina
    Posts
    5,171
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Mcnair couldn't win in the rain and Flacco can't win on the road...

    Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    Nobody is disputing that Joe had a bad game. I don't think it was literally the worst game a QB has had in the past 5 years, as ESPN is implying; I'm not even sure it was his worst game ever individually. But it was a bad, bad game.

    The point is, probably moreso than any other position in football, a QB's performance is very dependent on those around him. Joe is not, and may never be, capable of individually overcoming the failures of everyone around him on offense--and that's what happened yesterday. The ONLY player on offense who seemed to be having any success was Ray Rice, and a combination of Cam forgetting about him and being down 2 scores most of the game removed him from the equation.

    The corollary to that point is that the Ravens have now become a team where they CANNOT overcome Joe having a bad game. In the past, through a combination of defense and a great rushing attack, the Ravens could survive a bad performance from Joe--no longer.
    If ESPN said that they are continuing to prove just what idiots they are. Thats not even close to the worst performance by a QB in the last 5 years. That wasn't even Flaccos worst performance of his career.




  3. #93
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    section 132
    Posts
    2,648
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Mcnair couldn't win in the rain and Flacco can't win on the road...

    Mark Sanchez's performance against the Ravens in Baltimore last year (2011) was the worst Qb'ing i have seen in the last five years.




  4. #94
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Greensboro, North Carolina
    Posts
    5,171
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Mcnair couldn't win in the rain and Flacco can't win on the road...

    Quote Originally Posted by ballhawk View Post
    Mark Sanchez's performance against the Ravens in Baltimore last year (2011) was the worst Qb'ing i have seen in the last five years.
    That was bad. But Romo threw 5 int's (two were pick 6) vs. the Bears a few weeks ago. That was a dreadful game.

    Flacco's worst career performance had to be that game vs the Bengals in 2010(?).




  5. #95

    Re: Mcnair couldn't win in the rain and Flacco can't win on the road...

    Quote Originally Posted by ballhawk View Post
    Mark Sanchez's performance against the Ravens in Baltimore last year (2011) was the worst Qb'ing i have seen in the last five years.
    Anthony Wright, who for some god awful reason we signed later, had the worst game I'd ever seen against the ravens. I forget what year it was, but he was playing for Dallas and he was horrible.




  6. #96

    Re: Mcnair couldn't win in the rain and Flacco can't win on the road...

    From what I've seen from Joe so far in his career, it has reinforced my belief that his closes comparison is Matt Schaub.

    And that's not bad at all. Nothing is wrong with that.

    I just think his contract needs to be more in line with Schaubs (given some extra considering the age difference).
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.




  7. #97

    Re: Mcnair couldn't win in the rain and Flacco can't win on the road...

    Quote Originally Posted by ballhawk View Post
    Flacco is the only QB in NFL history to win 4 road playoff games in his first three years in the league, isn't he?
    C'mon.... man.

    Yes he is. But lets get real... we all watched those games. We've all seen the stats. Real Ravens fans know the reality of each and every nuance of those 4 games. Lets reword the phrase of "Flacco is the only QB in NFL history to win 4 road playoff games in his first three years in the league" to something a little more accurate...

    "The Ravens are the only team in NFL history to win 4 road playoff games with a QB playing in his first three years in the league".... Because at least 3/4 of those games were won with great defense, a great running game, average QB play at best, and some very fortunate bounces of the ball in our direction.

    Here are the stats from those games.
    @ Miami. 9/23, 135 yards, 0 TD, 0 INT.
    @ Tenn. 11/22, 148 yards, 1 TD.
    @ NE. 4/10, 34 yds. 1 INT.
    @ KC. 25/34, 265 yards, 2 TD.




  8. #98
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    27,510

    Re: Mcnair couldn't win in the rain and Flacco can't win on the road...

    So you've become that desperate to prove your point you leave games out of your analysis? He did pretty damn good IN NEW ENGLAND last year.

    Sad.

    I see what you're doing though. Judging by your post history, you like to always stir the pot so I suppose that's something. If you wish to keep trying to fit that square peg in that round hole, who am I to stop you?
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  9. #99

    Re: Mcnair couldn't win in the rain and Flacco can't win on the road...

    Quote Originally Posted by RedSkins Fury View Post
    C'mon.... man.

    Yes he is. But lets get real... we all watched those games. We've all seen the stats. Real Ravens fans know the reality of each and every nuance of those 4 games. Lets reword the phrase of "Flacco is the only QB in NFL history to win 4 road playoff games in his first three years in the league" to something a little more accurate...

    "The Ravens are the only team in NFL history to win 4 road playoff games with a QB playing in his first three years in the league".... Because at least 3/4 of those games were won with great defense, a great running game, average QB play at best, and some very fortunate bounces of the ball in our direction.

    Here are the stats from those games.
    @ Miami. 9/23, 135 yards, 0 TD, 0 INT.
    @ Tenn. 11/22, 148 yards, 1 TD.
    @ NE. 4/10, 34 yds. 1 INT.
    @ KC. 25/34, 265 yards, 2 TD.
    I'm not saying I disagree with you, but the Ravens had great defense, a great running game, and good luck (particularly in collecting turnovers) for a decade before Flacco arrived. They don't have a whole lot to show for it outside of the 2000 run, especially on the road.

    From 1996 to 2007, they had 3 road playoff wins. In the 4 years from 08-11, they have 4. Call it what you will, but SOMETHING has changed--and that SOMETHING is stability at the QB position, even if his stats have been poor in some of those wins (and stats don't always tell the whole picture--the Ravens don't win @Tenn in 2008 without Flacco, IMO)

    Flacco's play also seems to be trending upward in the playoffs, beginning with the KC game. He was great in that game, not as bad as the stats seem vs. the Steelers, and obviously did more than enough to win vs. the Pats last year.




  10. #100

    Re: Mcnair couldn't win in the rain and Flacco can't win on the road...

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    So you've become that desperate to prove your point you leave games out of your analysis? He did pretty damn good IN NEW ENGLAND last year.

    Sad.

    I see what you're doing though. Judging by your post history, you like to always stir the pot so I suppose that's something. If you wish to keep trying to fit that square peg in that round hole, who am I to stop you?
    Woahhhh... In my original posting of those stats on Page 3 of this thread I posted everything. I even highlighted his great games in Red! You are taking my post out of context. I was responding to a specific point. The point that he was the Fist QB in NFL history to win 4 road games in the playoffs. That's why I posted those 4 games. Because that poster was posting it as some amazing feat and stat line... which it wasn't.

    Link:
    http://russellstreetreport.com/forum...867#post507867




  11. #101
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    27,510

    Re: Mcnair couldn't win in the rain and Flacco can't win on the road...

    Quote Originally Posted by RedSkins Fury View Post
    Woahhhh... In my original posting of those stats on Page 3 of this thread I posted everything. I even highlighted his great games in Red! You are taking my post out of context. I was responding to a specific point. The point that he was the Fist QB in NFL history to win 4 road games in the playoffs. That's why I posted those 4 games. Because that poster was posting it as some amazing feat and stat line... which it wasn't.

    Link:
    http://russellstreetreport.com/forum...867#post507867
    ok. Fair enough.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  12. #102

    Re: Mcnair couldn't win in the rain and Flacco can't win on the road...

    Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    From what I've seen from Joe so far in his career, it has reinforced my belief that his closes comparison is Matt Schaub.

    And that's not bad at all. Nothing is wrong with that.

    I just think his contract needs to be more in line with Schaubs (given some extra considering the age difference).
    Well, all I can say is I wish he had even remotely close to the same amount of time in the pocket Schaub had...




  13. #103

    Re: Mcnair couldn't win in the rain and Flacco can't win on the road...

    Quote Originally Posted by BIGBALL View Post
    Well, all I can say is I wish he had even remotely close to the same amount of time in the pocket Schaub had...
    We all do/did.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.




  14. #104

    Re: Mcnair couldn't win in the rain and Flacco can't win on the road...

    Quote Originally Posted by RedSkins Fury View Post
    C'mon.... man.

    Yes he is. But lets get real... we all watched those games. We've all seen the stats. Real Ravens fans know the reality of each and every nuance of those 4 games. Lets reword the phrase of "Flacco is the only QB in NFL history to win 4 road playoff games in his first three years in the league" to something a little more accurate...

    "The Ravens are the only team in NFL history to win 4 road playoff games with a QB playing in his first three years in the league".... Because at least 3/4 of those games were won with great defense, a great running game, average QB play at best, and some very fortunate bounces of the ball in our direction.

    Here are the stats from those games.
    @ Miami. 9/23, 135 yards, 0 TD, 0 INT.
    @ Tenn. 11/22, 148 yards, 1 TD.
    @ NE. 4/10, 34 yds. 1 INT.
    @ KC. 25/34, 265 yards, 2 TD.
    I think you should have just changed the thread to "Flacco can't play well on the road" because this is very true. It's maddening. At the end of the day, holding the most important position on the field, Flacco is a winner, an ugly one that is.




  15. #105

    Re: Mcnair couldn't win in the rain and Flacco can't win on the road...

    Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    I think you should have just changed the thread to "Flacco can't play well on the road" because this is very true. It's maddening. At the end of the day, holding the most important position on the field, Flacco is a winner, an ugly one that is.
    "It's maddening"

    Yes it is... The reason I titled the thread the way I did is because it just reminds me of some of the posts from back in the McNair days and the contrasting responses from all of the forum posters . We had this great QB (a legend), but he had a weakness.... It seemed like he couldn't throw the ball in the rain.... for whatever reason. We could all project (and we did) and we shared our opinions. Maybe it was coincidence, maybe it was small weak (old) hands. Hell! Maybe all of us thinking he couldn't throw the ball in the rain were just trolls and haters (we were certainly called that). Whatever the case we lost some important games in the rain and McNair looked terrible in the rain.

    It's very similar now. We have been a great team over the past 4 years. We have had a sometimes good, sometimes GREAT, and at times not so good QB. His stats are glaringly and alarmingly poor on the road more times than not.... We play in a conference that has a few teams that are consistently strong year after year and are anchored by a couple/few QBs that are either the best in the history of the NFL or the best playing the game at the moment. This means in all likely hood, if we plan on getting to a Superbowl, we will have to win 1 or 2 games on the road against great teams. Will Joe Flacco ever be able to play great more than one or 2 times out of every 5 road games? Only time will tell.

    I'm not saying I want to get rid of him or don't like him. I am a huge Joe Flacco fan! I want nothing more than for him to make me and these posts I write look ridiculous in hindsight. But, I'm just pointing at the elephant in the room. And I am doubting his ability to be the Elite HOF QB that everyone wants and expects him to be.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland