Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    Your obviously too distracted to realize that there's not a single QB in this league that possesses eyes in the back of their heads. Flacco never had a chance on that play.
    Rudctio ad absurdum.

This is literally a textbook example.

Your use of fallacious logic is masterful. However it makes talking to you useless.

Good day sir.
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

–Eleanor Roosevelt

Re: Mcnair couldn't win in the rain and Flacco can't win on the road...

Quote Originally Posted by Sirdowski View Post
    Rudctio ad absurdum.

This is literally a textbook example.

Your use of fallacious logic is masterful. However it makes talking to you useless.

Good day sir.
    And good day to you sir:)

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    I get it but at the end of the day like it or not wins is the biggest parameter in evaluating all QBs. All other stats can be used to supplement the arguement for or against the QB in question. Joe is certainly not elite but definately a notch below wherever that falls. I'll say this much. He's been the greatest QB we've had thus far in our relatively short history so if we're grasping at straws it's because we are starving to cheer for a potentially elite QB.
    I really do want to see Joe be great. I think he can be great. I just don't think he has been there yet. Its a shame too because a little bit better play from Joe and the Ravens might have another Lombardi Trophy. That isn't a knock on Joe, its just reality.

Now the team looks like a shadow of what it was just a year or two ago. So the Ravens window might just be closing.

The part I hate most about road Flacco is when the going gets tough you can literally see his mind and soul vacate his body. He throws successive incomplete passes or batted balls and have that blank look in his eyes. He doesn't blink, say anything or show any sign of life. He just lethargically move to the huddle and line like a sloth that had sleeping pills and Thanksgiving dinner

lowest ever QBR rating 0.3 Joe Flacco

Quote Originally Posted by Whitty Hutton View Post
    The part I hate most about road Flacco is when the going gets tough you can literally see his mind and soul vacate his body. He throws successive incomplete passes or batted balls and have that blank look in his eyes. He doesn't blink, say anything or show any sign of life. He just lethargically move to the huddle and line like a sloth that had sleeping pills and Thanksgiving dinner
    Good Observation. His demeanor does change when things get tough. It's so obvious.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Whitty Hutton View Post
    I commented on this in the game day thread. The way he was out their just sailing passes, it really just looked like he wanted to get the hell off the field as quickly as possible. There was no fight in him yesterday.

The qualifiers from this post:

"Usually" "should" "unlikely" "usual"

Juss sayin'

If Rice screwed up his assignment, and Joe saw him go to the strong side instead of the weak, why would he completely ignore the weakside rusher? If he adjusted so that rice would block the weak side, surely seeing Rice go to the strong side would alert him that there's a free rusher coming. That's why Rice was told to block weak side to begin with. This is all "if" but the point still remains.

It just seems more like Joe guessed wrong.
    You begin by acknowledging, correctly, that my explanation is only "likely," and not "undoubtedly correct."

By the end of your post, somehow the OPPOSITE explanation has become "more like(ly)." How in the world did you get there? You somehow extrapolated that because Rice "screwed up," it actually becomes JOE'S fault! Joe is supposed to recognize that because Rice went right, he should somehow be "alerted" that a blitzer was coming from the left. How in the world does that make sense? If Rice came off the left side to block right, if I'm the QB I assume it's because there was nobody to block on the left.

I know how--you've made up your mind on this issue before you've even begun to talk about it. You're doing your signature a disservice!

Quote Originally Posted by Kevlar View Post
    I really do want to see Joe be great. I think he can be great. I just don't think he has been there yet. Its a shame too because a little bit better play from Joe and the Ravens might have another Lombardi Trophy. That isn't a knock on Joe, its just reality.
    I don't think Flacco is "elite", I agree with the "notch, or two, below great." Although it would have been nice to have this conversation if a certain WR not dropped a perfectly thrown pass, versus a another receiver who caught a pass that was wildly thrown up for grabs against his helmet.
    Last edited by JohnBKistler; 10-22-2012 at 11:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wacco flacco flame View Post
    lowest ever QBR rating 0.3 Joe Flacco
    Nobody is disputing that Joe had a bad game. I don't think it was literally the worst game a QB has had in the past 5 years, as ESPN is implying; I'm not even sure it was his worst game ever individually. But it was a bad, bad game.

The point is, probably moreso than any other position in football, a QB's performance is very dependent on those around him. Joe is not, and may never be, capable of individually overcoming the failures of everyone around him on offense--and that's what happened yesterday. The ONLY player on offense who seemed to be having any success was Ray Rice, and a combination of Cam forgetting about him and being down 2 scores most of the game removed him from the equation.

The corollary to that point is that the Ravens have now become a team where they CANNOT overcome Joe having a bad game. In the past, through a combination of defense and a great rushing attack, the Ravens could survive a bad performance from Joe--no longer.

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    You begin by acknowledging, correctly, that my explanation is only "likely," and not "undoubtedly correct."

By the end of your post, somehow the OPPOSITE explanation has become "more like(ly)." How in the world did you get there? You somehow extrapolated that because Rice "screwed up," it actually becomes JOE'S fault! Joe is supposed to recognize that because Rice went right, he should somehow be "alerted" that a blitzer was coming from the left. How in the world does that make sense? If Rice came off the left side to block right, if I'm the QB I assume it's because there was nobody to block on the left.

I know how--you've made up your mind on this issue before you've even begun to talk about it. You're doing your signature a disservice!
    If Ray took the wrong assignment (thus screwing up) Wouldn't Joe take notice, considering he expected rice to block a free rusher? I'm not saying it's necessarily Joe's fault that rice possibly screwed up, but it doesn't take away from the fact that he compounded Rices screw up.

Or maybe he didn't screw up and it was just the wrong guess on what the protection should be.

I've taken a position on what I believed happened. I think it's safe to say you've done the same. Quit moralizing like your approaching it with any more objectivity. Your speculation weighs as much as mine.
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

–Eleanor Roosevelt

I've taken a position on what I believed happened. I think it's safe to say you've done the same. Quit moralizing like your approaching it with any more objectivity. Your speculation weighs as much as mine.
    Wait.... you haven't played or coached football at the NFL level like everyone else here has? If you haven't, you opinion is invalid and you are a troll, bandwagoneer and a retard. :hammer:

;)