Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs up Suggs, Tucker, Osemele, a 5-2 record and still leading the AFCN

Those are a few positives you can take away from today's miserable performance. It's one game, against a highly motivated, top-tier opponent that was trying to bounce back from their own blowout loss they suffered last week vs. Green Bay. Shake it off and get ready to roll in 2 weeks, fans.

Blog Entries

Re: Suggs, Tucker, Osemele, a 5-2 record and still leading the AFCN

And don't leave Jacoby Jones out of the few bright spots. He consistently gave us good field position and caught a few passes as well.

I'm depressed about that blowout -we're not used to being blown out, are we. It'll take me a few days at least to get over it. Completely ignoring the football shows on TV will definitely help. I don't need to be reminded about how bad it was.

The bye could not have come at a better time. Time for the injured to recover a little bit and for the team to decide how to never let this happen again. Maybe it was a good thing for this team to realize that wins like last week and the week before should not be the normal, and the breaks were not always going to be our way.

Thanks for the little bit of positive lift, though.
    Last edited by RockyMRaven; 10-21-2012 at 05:35 PM.

Blog Entries

I'm kind of glad this team got embarrassed. They'll have a week to stew about it then hopefully take it out on the Brownies.

If you want to look at "big picture" positives. Here's a few our fans may have forgotten:

1. Baltimore HAS A TEAM. Unlike the early 80's to mid-90's.
    2. That team scored 2 Hall of Famers in its first two draft picks.
    3. That team won a Super Bowl.

Yeah, it's the distant past, but aren't you proud of those 3 things?
    :respect

Good thread.... I am not fond of loosing in such a fashion, but it is one game... team is 5-2....

the only game you dont want to lose is the LAST game!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    prepared to <spit> and <swear> at any minute.. blame it on PMS!

NEW AVATAR! I GOT A NEW AVATAR!

I only caught the second half (recorded the game then realized there wasn't much I wanted to see again) but Courtney Upshaw continues to impress. When Suggs gets back fully healthy I'd love to see him and Suggs on the edge with McCllelan in the Middle next to Ellerbe.

The only solid offensive win the Ravens have had was the first one. The other four have been smoke and mirrors and a lot of luck. If anything we should be 3W - 4L right down there with the Squeelers. Cam Cameron does not understand how to play football in the NFL in 2012. He's mired back in the 1980s with Don Coryell. The frustrating thing is to watched Flacco's career be pissed away by this idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by rharris1986 View Post
    The only solid offensive win the Ravens have had was the first one. The other four have been smoke and mirrors and a lot of luck. If anything we should be 3W - 4L right down there with the Squeelers. Cam Cameron does not understand how to play football in the NFL in 2012. He's mired back in the 1980s with Don Coryell. The frustrating thing is to watched Flacco's career be pissed away by this idiot.

HEY!!! This was s'posed to be a POSITIVE thread ... dont bring me down..

I already housed a half a big bag of dark chocolate peanut m&m's!!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    prepared to <spit> and <swear> at any minute.. blame it on PMS!

NEW AVATAR! I GOT A NEW AVATAR!

The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area

Fade-
    You make some great points. What I find discomforting in the positives, OTOH, are a few negative trends - offense looking less virile than earlier in the season, defense looking less potent in containing the run game, players making "stupid" fouls (e.g., facemasking, unnecessary roughness, etc., although the UR on Pollard seemed iffy to me, and there were no false starts! :))

I'm hoping this is all correctable over the bye weeks.

Blog Entries

I can't imagine that anyone wasn't impressed by the play of Suggs. Dierdorf gushed over him the entire game. He looked a little too big and slower than usual but he was really effective. Big difference between Suggs and all these younger high motor guys like Kruger. It was great to see 55 back to scaring the hell out of quarterbacks

The biggest positive is that Flacco is much better than games like this make him look but games like this are driving his price down so we can sign him cheaper. Not fair to Flacco but good for the team.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I can't imagine that anyone wasn't impressed by the play of Suggs. Dierdorf gushed over him the entire game. He looked a little too big and slower than usual but he was really effective. Big difference between Suggs and all these younger high motor guys like Kruger. It was great to see 55 back to scaring the hell out of quarterbacks
    i wonder where is thejoeflaccoshow now???