Thread: Separation

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Separation

Watching other teams highlights and games, I see their receivers get separation constantly. And I mean 2, 3, 4 yards between them and the defender.

With our receivers it's usually 2, 3, 4 inches. If even that much.

Is the talent & skill still to blame?
    Or is it more the design & scheme? (Which is what I suspect)

Re: Separation

Quote Originally Posted by PerpetuallyBored74 View Post
    Watching other teams highlights and games, I see their receivers get separation constantly. And I mean 2, 3, 4 yards between them and the defender.

It has got to be scheme. It use to be that we did not have enough speed. Well with Jones and Smith that is not the case anymore. The Ravens run slow developing plays with a very weak oline. The only quick plays the Ravens run are outs and the Texans were all over them today.

Quote Originally Posted by srobert96 View Post
    It has got to be scheme. It use to be that we did not have enough speed. Well with Jones and Smith that is not the case anymore. The Ravens run slow developing plays with a very weak oline. The only quick plays the Ravens run are outs and the Texans were all over them today.
    Bingo. A big complaint of mine for years. Classic example today...the safety play. You can't stand in the EZ as if you were on the 50.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Blog Entries

We all know why, Cam is playing right into the defensive unit strength, we don't have an Oline to block long enough for these slow developing routes, it works well against teams that have no rush, but against the teams like houston it just doesn't work..Dean Pees is another dummy playing 6'2 Dbs 15yrds off the ball, and his same middle backer blitz thats gets picked up by the guard right at the LOS, no stunts, no overloads, just the both dumb ass coordinators tryna fit a round peg in a square hole.

Those Houston DB's also really enjoyed getting handfuls of Raven receiver jerseys too. That can sometimes reduce separation. :D

How long are people going to use that same bs excuse. Its not the wr, Its cam and his lack of play design. As long as cam stays the Oc, things will never change... Oh by the way... Run the damn ball, Flacco is not Rogers

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravensghost View Post
    How long are people going to use that same bs excuse. Its not the wr, Its cam and his lack of play design. As long as cam stays the Oc, things will never change... Oh by the way... Run the damn ball, Flacco is not Rogers
    I agree. I'm done with Cam at this point. You play a team known for their pass rush and who is missing their star MLB, and you insist on running long developing routes. It was just a horrible gameplan and execution.

Quote Originally Posted by PerpetuallyBored74 View Post

I think it's mainly scheme. These little out routes and slants will only work for so long. In all fairness to Cam, our o-line can't block for long enough to make anything happen down field so I guess we are stuck with that. If we could run the ball it would help too. Teams don't have to commit any safeties to our running game so they can just sit back and play coverage while still generating pressure on the QB. More than a few times over the last 3 weeks teams have been rushing 3 and at least hitting Joe, sometimes sacking him.

Blog Entries
    It is scheme. Always has been

Greg Cossell said last year that Cam's passing philosophy is one of the most glaring reasons why the Ravens offense cant beat man coverage.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.