Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: If the Ravens are 1 and done in the playoffs, does Cam survive

Cam cameron was in full effect with his play calling today he did absolutely nothing to calm down the pass rush, Rice disappeared after the 1st drive, Pitta, Dickson were pretty much non existent, the play calling was so predictable. Dean Pees is still a crap coordinator, the same up the middle middle linebacker blitz on 3rd downs, no creativity, soft zone coverage, no stunts, no creativity what so ever.

I will simply say this... as bad as the defense is and as inconsistent as the offensive line, WR's, QB and coaching staff is they need to evolve (or go back to) into an offense that runs the ball more frequently and efficiently. If they don't start playing the ball control game the defense will wear down and play even worse. You also limit the other offensive possessions this way. Sure the margin of error is smaller playing conservatively but I'm just not sold on the offensive unit being consistent enough (or the play calling being consistent enough) to just come out slinging the ball 45+ times every week and play shootouts every Sunday. There's still time to make adjustments and I'm not in the doomsday the season is over camp but they have to adjust their game plan to the cards they were dealt.

We need to admit, as well, that Flacco has been crap on the road. He's averaged a 55.9 rating in three road games and, outside of the first half against the Eagles, has looked pretty bad.

OK, Cam sucks. I'll agree to that. But I'm not sure what an OC can do with an offense hobbled by this O line. With that bunch I just do not think we can successfully run OR pass against a top quality D. We're either too old or too young, and other than KO, we don't have any "young studs" that look like sure things.
    Last edited by houstonravensfan; 10-21-2012 at 07:36 PM.

Blog Entries

Birk is the only center i know that spends so much time in the backfield they should just hand him the ball as a running back.

We can win, and should be favored to win, any home game. I still beleive that, and it includes the Mannings (though Peyton still scares me more than Eli). That is proven and this year it still is holding to form (even if the games are closer). We also can lose any road game, as evidenced by last year and our performances on the road thusfar this year. But winning ugly vs KC was still a road win vs a bad team (unlike Jacksonville last year, etc). Our two losses on the road so far were to decent to great teams. The trends in terms of margin of victory or loss is not good, but we have yet to have any net win-loss results that are worse than last year. If we lose @ Cleveland or maybe Washington, or at home to anyone, I could be willing to concede we could be truly in trouble in terms of playoffs or winning the division, but until then I don't see how we can rule out another 12-4 finish or maybe 11-5, both will win our division and likely get a bye.

Its a 9W 7L season with no playoffs. Goodbye Cam!

I honestly think if this offense doesn't produce more like they did to start the year, he is gone.

Steve has and will be spending a ton of money on that side of the ball with Flacco either getting his contract or tagges...it's fair for the owner to ask the HC and OC why is he paying all this money on that side of the ball for mediocre results. I know no matter how much I liked Cam, I'd be asking them that question too...something isn't right when you are asking me to spend my money on players, yet they aren't getting results...and Ozzie is as safe as it comes so it likely isn't going to be the player personnel side.

So yes, I think Cam is pretty much gone if we don't make another deep run in the playoffs...WITH the offense playing well and not just along for the ride.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

A fair topic for the off season, but way too soon to bury him or the ravens chances of making the playoffs and beyond.

Its a topic born of frustration and despair!

Quote Originally Posted by rharris1986 View Post
    Its a topic born of frustration and despair!
    Understood, but what's more frustrating to me is the sudden rash of injuries. Having way more negative impact then Cam's play calling, at least for right now.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ravensinva View Post
    Cam, Moeller and Pees will all be here as long as Harbaugh is the coach.
    This. X1000