Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area

When was the last time...

....that the Ravens were so far out of a game that the network carrying the game said, (paraphrasing)-
    "With the Ravens so far out of it that they'll lose, we'll be taking you now to a much more competitive game between the (3-3) Bills and the (2-4) Titans!"????

Not jumping off the cliff (or the bandwagon) here, but that was about as bad a...shit, can we even call it an effort?... that I've seen in a while. And the credit needs to be spread around - Flacco playing at an "elite" level, receivers getting no separation, OL getting abused, defense not stopping the run OR the pass, ST players committing stupid fouls, coaches calling blitzes that I could even see were coming on TV way down here in NC, or calling brilliant "5 hour pass patterns" when we're on the fucking goalline and the OL can't provide protection.....where should I begin?

To their credit, Suggs and Ngata gave their all as far as I could tell from a TV-limited viewpoint. And it's unfair to not consider that missing guys like Webb and Ray Lewis, along with the injuries that seemed to pile up, hurt the team significantly. But, COME ON, MAN! Is this the best we've got? No more "next man up"?

"Yeah, we'll execute!" alright!

[sorry, I shouldn't post right after the game, and I have a cold, but that was not a pretty sight.]

Re: When was the last time...

We'll be re-focused after the bye week. Huge wake up call.

Blog Entries
    and the Texans got trounced last week. It's a crazy league

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

When was the last time a team put over 40 points on the Ravens?

Blog Entries

The Giants game in 2008. We can hardly complain.

When was the last time Joe and the offense played with any consistency on the road?

NE AFC championship.
    Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less"--GEN R. E. Lee

Okay, I'll try and be understanding. Every team DOES have their "Aw, Shit!" games, and maybe the Ravens were overdue. What I find so disconcerting is that I kept looking for some team pride in terms of "Hey, enough of this crap!" Not sure I saw anyone "quit", but there are plenty of playoff-level teams over the years that battle through injuries, errors and adversity, and keep things competitive. Not sure I saw that today from the entire team.

FWIW,
    > I think Flacco needs to shut his yap with the media about this "elite QB" issue.
    > I think the O-line needs some major help (Oz, ya hear us?)
    > I think that a healthy Suggs all year perhaps makes this all moot and we're 7-0.
    > I wonder how in the wide world of sports does it seem like OUR pass rushers can hardly cause the opponents' QB to break a sweat most of the time while opponents' pass rushes seem to be hanging on Flacco like a cheap suit?
    > I have to ask if Webb has been so "good" that he's disguised a seemingly impotent secondary for some time?
    > I think Cameron is not as terrible an OC as he seems to be, but I see plays being called in situations where I find myself thinking pre-snap, "I sure as shit hope he doesn't call [whatever is called] play, or Flacco/Rice/receiver/whomever is gonna get whacked."
    > I want to ask Pees if he's ever considered inserting a blitz where the defense doesn't offer such obvious tells?
    > I want to ask Harbaugh if, after he reams that ST knucklehead for such a stupid 15 yard penalty after the play was over, does he plan to enlighten the special teams coaches and players with his own special teams wealth of knowledge and insight and the many Do's and Don't's they should strive towards?

I know, I know, I SAID I'll try and understand...

I have a hard time understanding why we can't move the pocket. How many passes bere batted down today, 5/6?

Gabe-
    Or better yet, if it's obvious that the O-line is having difficulty blocking the guys knocking down the passes, I have a hard time understanding why an elite QB doesn't adjust during the game to either "look off" the defenders, and why the OC doesn't adjust his play calls to force the defenders into a different "posture" (not sure what word to use here - what I mean is, for example, call some running plays to change the orientation of how the defense is defending, then call a pass play when a run play is called for. IT was like the Texans D-line could read what Flacco was going to do before even HE knew, at times.)

Quote Originally Posted by Beau Petard View Post
    Gabe-
    Or better yet, if it's obvious that the O-line is having difficulty blocking the guys knocking down the passes, I have a hard time understanding why an elite QB doesn't adjust during the game to either "look off" the defenders, and why the OC doesn't adjust his play calls to force the defenders into a different "posture" (not sure what word to use here - what I mean is, for example, call some running plays to change the orientation of how the defense is defending, then call a pass play when a run play is called for. IT was like the Texans D-line could read what Flacco was going to do before even HE knew, at times.)
    Because CAM has proven he will do the same damn thing week in and week out. Im completley shocked we did not call an EndOround today. Shocked I tell YA!!!

Not bad for a RUNNING BACK!!! Now that is funny.
    #FIREROMAN

Good post Beau, and I think everyone hopes that the team we saw today isn't the real Ravens. Lets hope all these injuries haven't really taken this much of a toll on the team and they bounce back against their usually non-competitive opponent from the city of flaming rivers.