Page 53 of 95 FirstFirst ... 5152535455 ... LastLast
    When Flacco has this kind of performance, it isn't just random, you can diagnose the cause, and the cause is poor o line pay and poor receiver routes.

Re: Game Thread Ravens @ Texans 10/21

What a waste of 30 minutes. Everybody, especially, the coaches ought to be looking in the mirror. What a crock of manure we just witnessed. Foster has been a non factor, but, our lack of pass coverage sure has been a factor. QB has been piss poor, O line doing ye old "ole" motion, the lack of any adjustment(s) by the offensive coordinator, the 10-15 yard cushion allowing their WRs to be WIDE open, Defensive coordinator drinking the same "no adjustment" kool aid as Cam, Harbaugh looking like a deer in the headlights, Oh yeah, did I mention, what a load of crap the first half has been?

Ok, I feel better now. Ready for the next game.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Joe is very inconsistent...from game to game, half to half, quarter to quarter, series to series.

He's been that way his entire career. Expressing frustration at that doesn't mean that he sucks or we want him gone. Why is it that when someone makes an observation like that, it has to be people heaping all the blame on him/saying he sucks and we can and should get someone else?

It's pretty much Joe.

Watch him come out and have a good half...probably won't be enough to win at this point with this whole we are in, but Joe is as inconsitent as they come and consistency is the only...ONLY thing that really keeps him from being an "elite" or "top 5-6" QB.
    Yup.

PP

4. Re: Game Thread Ravens @ Texans 10/21

Flacco's been very disappointing today. I don't know anymore, this offense is just as good as Houston's IMO, if not better on paper. They just struggle immensely on the road and don't execute. Yes, perhaps a change is needed at OC but they just don't execute very well and seem to come off as sluggish and have no urgency. It's been that way for a long time.

Flacco has two tipped INT's, and absolutely no time to throw and no pocket to speak of. The short little slants we like to run to keep the pass rush off of us isn't working because they keep knocking them down, so Cam has no idea what to do. Joe isn't lighting it up, but there is more to it than just him.

how can you blame flacco. its a jail break every play wiht the lineman coming in wiht their hands fully extended in teh air and ur receivers are getting their usual 2 inches of seperation. come on be serious.

Quote Originally Posted by callahan09 View Post
    I'm not sayin Flacco is playing well, because he isn't, but some of you guys criticizing him are seriously out of touch with reality. He isn't playing as bad as his numbers look, because numbers for a QB are reflective of an entire offense, not just one player. He does have happy feet today, he does have some inaccurate passes, so yes he is a bit flustered and it is making him not play up to his usual caliber. But don't pretend like its just Flacco is off today and that's because he is inconsistent and he is average and blah blah blah, because that argument is bullshit. He is having an off day because his offensive line is playing TERRIBLY, letting the pass rush get in within 2 seconds at least a half dozen times already, not picking up a defender and letting him through as an untouched free runner on at least 3 or 4 plays. Letting the defenders jump up and bat balls away. His receivers are not getting any separation either, which obviously isn't helping matters. What you're looking at is Joe having no confidence that he will have time to throw, so he isn't setting before throwing, and that effects his accuracy. And then couple that with his receivers having no real separation, and in order for a pass to be completed it has to be PINPOINT and away from the defender where only the receiver can get it, and that kind of pinpoint accuracy is just not possible when you can't set your feet and throw as a result of the o line giving you no confidence.
    Stop blaming the receivers when the passes are awfully located for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens27Girl View Post
    The comments on this board are much more entertaining than this pathetic game. These are the days I wish I didn't love football and the Ravens so much.
    I know precisely what you mean. Fortunately, I already had this game chalked up as a loss, as I think most Baltimoreans did, so I'm not terribly upset.
    My Ravens Blog: Brittany Rants About Football
    Ravens-Redskins: Dissecting the Final Drive

"The days are long. But the years are short." - John Harbaugh

Quote Originally Posted by RavenMadness View Post
    hopefully we dont give up any points during halftime!
    what about a penalty?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by purplepoe View Post

Listen up.

Don't lump me in with what you supposedly think others claim Flacco is.

Chucklehead?

Because I think Flacco is inconsistent?

Gimme a break and take your name calling BS elsewhere.

PP
    Call it like I see it.

You've been posting the same old same old for who knows how long.

You guys (and i absolutely will lump you in with them because you ARE one of them) want to blast Flacco. Always have.

To claim he has had an inconsistent career is just flat out dumb. He has his ups and downs, but he has always been pretty consistent.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

11. Re: Game Thread Ravens @ Texans 10/21

I will give Flacco the benefit of the doubt that he hasn't had very good protection today.

At least, the G men and The Deadskins have an entertaining game.