Page 38 of 95 FirstFirst ... 3637383940 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Game Thread Ravens @ Texans 10/21

I really want to believe they can come back in the second half. But I just can't see it. This is why no one nationally buys Flacco, because when things aren't going his way he goes into his shell. He doesn't have the excuse of not being able to change plays now. But the receivers still aren't getting open enough and there's too much pressure on his back.

D is just getting killed with all this time on the field.

ray rice 6 carries...he should have more than that after the first 2 offensive possessions of any game, especially road games.....PERIOD

Awful performance from the offence after a good start.

After the sacks he took earlier, Joe is so rattled that he couldn't hit sand if he fell off a camel!

Quote Originally Posted by callahan09 View Post
    The first bits of terrible in this game for this offense were not Flacco's fault, but now you can clearly see he is nervous and lost confidence. He doesn't trust his o line anymore. He has no faith in his teammates. He truly believes he is going to be leveled at any time in the next millisecond, from the moment he gets the snap until the end of the play and his receivers aren't getting any separation either, and you combine all that with his defense giving up a TD every single drive, and he has no confidence in his offense, or his defense, he has to be thinking about trying to do too much but while not having confidence, it is a dangerous, nasty combination, and he hasn't been making even the scant few throws he could have made as a result. He lack of confidence in his teammates has shattered him. Just destroyed him. He is useless out there in this environment right now. His team has to step it up if he has any chance of being successful at all. When he has NO protection, his receivers have NO separation, and his defense lets the other team score at will, it spells disaster for Joe Flacco.
    No protection plus stupid play calls will do that.
    Al

Quote Originally Posted by callahan09 View Post
    The first bits of terrible in this game for this offense were not Flacco's fault, but now you can clearly see he is nervous and lost confidence. He doesn't trust his o line anymore. He has no faith in his teammates. He truly believes he is going to be leveled at any time in the next millisecond, from the moment he gets the snap until the end of the play and his receivers aren't getting any separation either, and you combine all that with his defense giving up a TD every single drive, and he has no confidence in his offense, or his defense, he has to be thinking about trying to do too much but while not having confidence, it is a dangerous, nasty combination, and he hasn't been making even the scant few throws he could have made as a result. He lack of confidence in his teammates has shattered him. Just destroyed him. He is useless out there in this environment right now. His team has to step it up if he has any chance of being successful at all. When he has NO protection, his receivers have NO separation, and his defense lets the other team score at will, it spells disaster for Joe Flacco.
    C'mon Callahan. I know the OL is playing bad but Joe is a disaster right now. There have been NUMEROUS times where he wasn't even pressured and isn't setting his feet so the thrown ball is not even in the same zip code as the receiver. You can say what you want about him not having confidence because he's going to get hit but if he can't set his feet and make a simple 5 yd throw to a wide open receiver that's on him.

Reading these last few pages remind me why I don't read the game threads. Front office sucks, No talent on the team, comparing Flacco to Sanchez.

There is only one reason our offense looks like this and it ain't Joe or the receivers. We're running a 2 wr route on 3-10 and wonder why the receivers are covered. It's the same conservative playcalling on the road we see year in and year out. Have we gone deep? Have we run a screen against the blitz? Have we run any draws?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RavingMad View Post

And that = mediocre quarterbacking.
    Hey! I was wondering where you went...not surprised you'd be back posting when Flacco wasnt playing too well...
    :D

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Let's hope the Texans soften up their coverage a little in the 2nd half now that they have a big lead. But I seriously doubt Cam takes full advantage of that, his in game adjustments is suspect. You can forget about getting the running game going, we'll have to throw our way back into the game. Defense started out well but the usual weaknesses are rearing their ugly heads again.

Quote Originally Posted by sgt couchpotato View Post
    ray rice 6 carries...he should have more than that after the first 2 offensive possessions of any game, especially road games.....period
    ding ding ding
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CodyPKA View Post
    i'm never seen Flacco play this bad before. I'm dumbfounded
    Last year's Jax game was similar.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bacchys View Post
    The game ain't over yet!
    Ummm, yea it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    So much for Flacco putting this team on his shoulders. He's not that guy. He can do it at home, but not on the road.
    No quarterback puts a team on his shoulders. That's a bullshit misrepresentation anytime anyone ever says it about anyone. Football is a team game. Flacco is not accurate right now, but that isn't entirely his fault that he got that way. His team instills no confidence. Due to his shitty offensive line play, he has no confidence that he will have time to let a play develop and get a pass off. Due to his shitty receivers not getting any separation at all, he knows he has to throw it away from the defender where only his guy can get t. Due to his shitty defense letting the other team score at will and run the clock down, he knows he has to work miracles in order to get a W out of this game. You put all that together and he is shattered of confidence, he can't wait for a play to develop, he can't get set to throw, he has to try to do too much and in the process can't even throw to a well open receiver, so yes, while his accuracy has gone shot, he isn't too blame entirely for that happening. You put any QB in the NFL in this situation and you have the same result, and I firmly believe that. Otherwise why would Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Drew Bree's, Aaron Rodgers, etc ever lose a game, huh?