Page 94 of 95 FirstFirst ... 92939495 LastLast
Results 1,117 to 1,128 of 1130
    Just turned on the Bucs game and it infuriates me to see them have receivers WIDE THE FUCK OPEN on four straight plays. I literally never see it from the Ravens. Never. And I see it CONSTANTLY when I watch other teams.

Re: Game Thread Ravens @ Texans 10/21

Neither Cary Williams nor Jimmy Smith look like good starting corners. They look like average #2 CBs. At least Smith is young and can easily improve with more work.

Kruger looks average at best. Cody looks terrible. Bobby Williams looks like a liability (worse than Harewood, imo, though Harewood had issues also)

Ed Reed looks average or nothing special. Both safeties play too deep on almost every obvious pass play.

Dean Pees looks to be below-average at adapting to our talent and/or opposition. He may have worse than usual players (at least for here), but he still keeps getting beat with the same stuff (TE over the middle, cutback runs, etc). I won't blame him as much as others, but neither can I let him entirely off the hook.

Our offense just looks like utter chit on the road. Period. Starting with Cam, to Joe, to our receivers, and obviously our OL. All look average at absolute best, and in many spots well below-average to league-worst.

Well, we have 2 weeks to address these positions/aspects of our team, and we better if we want to make the playoffs, let alone get a bye or good seed.

I could really see us going 1-4 or 0-5 on the road the rest of the way.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by callahan09 View Post
    Just turned on the Bucs game and it infuriates me to see them have receivers WIDE THE FUCK OPEN on four straight plays. I literally never see it from the Ravens. Never. And I see it CONSTANTLY when I watch other teams.
    They were in a prevent D

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    They were in a prevent D
    Oh and the Texans weren't against us? We still couldn't get anyone open in the fourth quarter.

See you in 2 weeks.... GO RAVENS!!!!

That was really bad. The Ravens were out-coached and out-played on both sides of the ball.

The Ravens have been lucky a few times at home already this season and have been terrible on the road. That's not a good recipe moving forward. The coaching staff needs to find a scheme that allows the team to play more consistently if they expect to be playing all the way through January. I'm not saying that the team has the best personnel on the field ... there have been plenty of injuries and poor play to make the coaches' job difficult. But somehow they have to find a way to make do with what they have because, so far, the schemes are not working for the players out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Honestly most of us probably predicted 5-2 at best going into the bye. They're not in bad shape and have a chance to get healthy and then play the Browns
    exactly. i am happy at 5-2 with the schedule we had throught the first 7 games. i just never thought our secondary would be this bad and ithought cody would have evolved on the defensive line but other than nghta is no talent on the interior line.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by veritas View Post
    I could really see us going 1-4 or 0-5 on the road the rest of the way.
    No way.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    No way.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    If Flacco keeps up his average 56 QB rating on the road and the defense continues to stink, it could happen easily.

This was the worst Ravens performance I've seen in a long time, but I'm optimistically hoping it was just a bad day. But even at my optimistic best, the piss poor pass protection worries me.

Blog Entries

This was the worst beat down the Ravens have suffered since that game in Indy when Peyton Manning lit them up years ago. Still, it is just one game. The Texans got embarrassed last week against the Packers and looked like a totally different team today. Rest up and move on.

I know I am beating a dead horse with this, but McKinnie, KO, Birk, Yanda, and Oher are obviously the best 5 OL the Ravens have, and that is the OL that should be playing. Flacco isn't going to make it through the season getting hit like this.