Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Steelers Vs. Bengals: Who do you root for?

I'd rather take a shower at Penn St than root for the Squeelers!
    Ravens Nest #1, Harford County

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RedSkins Fury View Post
    True... true. But just because I predicted that, doesn't mean I don't want the Ravens to win. And I realize it was an extreme prediction. I'm smart enough to know that if I was putting money on it, 10-6 or 9-7 would have been much more believable. But man, it's not hard to watch the past couple weeks games and wonder how that team is going to win another game.

Now, lets keep on track. This is NOT the 8-8 thread and has nothing to do with it.

I guess I would like to see the Steelers win in a close, hard hitting game. The harder the hitting the better.
    obviously not the case for most of us but believe what you want

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Yeah, for me it's a case of I'll believe the Steelers are out of it when I see it happen, and until then they remain the most present threat. Seeing them lose would be very good.

Bengals.

I'd feel much better playing the Bengals in the playoffs than the Steelers. 2-4 teams rarely make the playoffs.

5. Re: Steelers Vs. Bengals: Who do you root for?

Bungles

Bengals, all the way. We already have a win against them. Steelers at 2-4 would be all but buried.

Bengals.
    IF you want to look at by threat, you have to look at it in the same way you look at our team.
    The Steelers are busted up. So now is the time they are vulnerable.
    So, it would make sense if they lost to the Bengals now, got healthier later in the year, and beat the Bengals in the rematch in Pissburgh.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RedSkins Fury View Post
    But man, it's not hard to watch the past couple weeks games and wonder how that team is going to win another game.
    You mean watching us win the games over the past couple of weeks and you wonder how we will win another game? You do make me laugh. :grbac:

Anyway Mr 8-8 doomdsay poster, I will never root for the Steelers, and I still think they are a much bigger threat then the Bungles.

Cannot root for the Steelers. Can't do it. Won't do it. Cannot play with 'em. Cannot coach with 'em. Cannot Win with 'em. Can't do it.

There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarrely inexplicable…

There is another theory which states that this - has - already - happened…

"We don't have a town drunk...we all take turns..."

Blog Entries
    Ill never root for the steelers fuck that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are only some uber extreme situations where I'd ever root for the Steelers and none of them would ever occur this early in the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Ill never root for the steelers fuck that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It's Week 17. Ravens just won their game to get to 9-7. They hold all the tiebreakers among all the 9-7 teams. However, the last wild card spot is currently being held by the 9-6 San Diego Chargers. Chargers have to travel to Pittsburgh for a Sunday night game against the Steelers, who are already eliminated from playoff contention. Chargers win and they are in and the Ravens are out. Steelers beat the Chargers and the Ravens are in the playoffs. You don't root for them?

Scenario #2:

It's the AFC Conference Semifinals:

#2 seeded Ravens (14-3) win the Saturday night game to advance to AFC Championship game.

Sunday's matchup has #6 seed Pittsburgh (10-7) visiting #1 seed New England (14-2).

If Pittsburgh wins, the Ravens are hosting a 7-loss Steelers team in Baltimore for the right to go to the Super Bowl. If they don't win, the Ravens are on the road at a 15-2 team. You don't root for the Steelers there?

I'm a Ravens fan first and a Steeler hater second, so I have to root for the Steelers in each spot as the Raven interest is foremost.