Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Steelers Vs. Bengals: Who do you root for?

Quote Originally Posted by LukeDaniel View Post
    It's Week 17. Ravens just won their game to get to 9-7. They hold all the tiebreakers among all the 9-7 teams. However, the last wild card spot is currently being held by the 9-6 San Diego Chargers. Chargers have to travel to Pittsburgh for a Sunday night game against the Steelers, who are already eliminated from playoff contention. Chargers win and they are in and the Ravens are out. Steelers beat the Chargers and the Ravens are in the playoffs. You don't root for them?

Scenario #2:

It's the AFC Conference Semifinals:

#2 seeded Ravens (14-3) win the Saturday night game to advance to AFC Championship game.

Sunday's matchup has #6 seed Pittsburgh (10-7) visiting #1 seed New England (14-2).

If Pittsburgh wins, the Ravens are hosting a 7-loss Steelers team in Baltimore for the right to go to the Super Bowl. If they don't win, the Ravens are on the road at a 15-2 team. You don't root for the Steelers there?

I'm a Ravens fan first and a Steeler hater second, so I have to root for the Steelers in each spot as the Raven interest is foremost.
    Luckily, it doesn't matter, as our rooting for one team or the other doesn't change the outcome of the game. Sometimes you just gotta let the chips fall where they may.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens27Girl View Post
    Luckily, it doesn't matter, as our rooting for one team or the other doesn't change the outcome of the game. Sometimes you just gotta let the chips fall where they may.
    Agreed, but that's totally off topic of what we are talking about here. Rooting for a team while not in attendance of a sporting event never has any impact on "where the chips fall", but that doesn't really change the topic we are debating.

Quite a few people have said they could never root for the Steelers, although I just gave two scenarios where I think you'd have to as a Ravens fan.

Bengals. I want them to split and there's no chance Cincy are winning at Pittsburgh. Cincinnati aren't looking like a threat for the division and their schedule gets uphill from here.

I don't care who the Stillers play, I ALWAYS root AGAINST the Stilllers!!!!!!!
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

Blog Entries

Double forfeit. I really don't care if NFL rules don't permit one, that's what I'm rooting for.

Blog Entries

I am rooting against the Steelers, in part, because I have less faith in Cincinnati's ability to right the ship. Therefore, Pittsburgh needs to be buried as low as possible. Cincinnati just lost to the Dolphins and Browns, nor have they hit the teeth of their schedule yet. They aren't going anywhere.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Luke makes a good point...."ouch"....my wife just pinched me; I guess no matter what, I will always root against the steelers. Remember this, I will always say it's not the team I can't stand, it's those loud mouth, overbearing, illogical things they call fans. - Gonz

I dont care about the teams records and Cinci being a bigger threat to us. I will still root for cinci to win this game. I will NEVER root for the steelers. I want Pitt to bu BURIED. Let them just keep losing and losing. I want them to be the Colts of last year

Blog Entries

I will NEVER EVER EVER root for the Steelers. Period.
    This
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"

For me to live in Shitsburgh, a Sqeelers lost is so enjoyable in my everyday life. So Cincy i don't mind winning. We still play them week 17, and we are, I think, like 9-0 vs Afc north. Sqeelers please lose Sunday night, The Ravens should be 6-1 and enjoy a Sqeelers lost.

It would be a GREAT Monday Morning!

Blog Entries

Except against the Bills in week 17 of the 2004 season.

What she said.