Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Why do physical corners away with so much holding?

While watching the Niners/Hawks game they started showing highlights of R. Sherman and on every play he is pushing the WRs around.
    It seems that once a CB get the term "physical" attached to them the refs let them get away with way too much.
    360 tag: Ahhhhhhhhnold

2. Re: Why do physical corners away with so much holding?

IDK....

Re: Why do physical corners away with so much holding?

Because they are "physical?"

I liken this to football in general; if a person is "known for something" they can get away with it. If not, and they step outside of their boundaries, there are consequences. This goes for coaches and players.

Blog Entries
    Seahawks corners play like its the 70's and somehow don't get flagged. It's awesome to watch

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

I love the way that the Seahawks defense plays. Their only fault is. It getting off the field because they give up a lot of third down conversions. I really like their defensive coordinator. They also have a lot of speed on their d which is something I wish the ravens had more of.

Quote Originally Posted by JCroUSAF View Post
    I love the way that the Seahawks defense plays. Their only fault is. It getting off the field because they give up a lot of third down conversions. I really like their defensive coordinator. They also have a lot of speed on their d which is something I wish the ravens had more of.
    Pretty sure Seattle has one of the bet 3 and out teams in the league... Like the 2nd best.

Oh I meant third and Long. Good catch

Blog Entries

That is how fucking Cary Williams and Jimmy Smith who both stand at 6'2 should play, I don't get all this playing off BS, they need to be more physical. Not sure if that's Dean Pees, the DB coach, or the players them selves.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenelite28 View Post
    While watching the Niners/Hawks game they started showing highlights of R. Sherman and on every play he is pushing the WRs around.
    It seems that once a CB get the term "physical" attached to them the refs let them get away with way too much.
    Maybe because what you describe here isn't holding.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    When a WR tries to make a cut and the CB is holding his shoulder pad I believe that counts as holding. All done past five yards.

I think it's a problem when you have so many people saying "they play corner like it's the 70s".
    360 tag: Ahhhhhhhhnold

Blog Entries

no doubt they were getting away with a lot of grabbing pushing and running the receiver out of bounds. very physical play and no flags. and slightly OT, I forgot how horrible Alex Smith can look at times

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Beyond this five-yard limitation, a defender may use his hands or arms ONLY to defend or protect himself against impending contact caused by a receiver. In such reaction, the defender may not contact a receiver who attempts to take a path to evade him.

Yeah it may not be holding, but it should be illegal contact at least.