Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: SI's King Picks Ravens Over Texans Sunday (?!?!?!?)

Quote Originally Posted by perryw9202 View Post
    I absolutely agree that crowd noise has been a factor at times for our offense. KC is a good example (I think the team was flat which made it worse).

However, in watching the game Sunday I was struck by how easily I could hear Aaron Rodgers. Maybe that was SNF having extra parabolic mikes or something, but it didn't appear everything they did was by hand signals. Houston might just not be that loud of a crowd. Anyone know?
    I can't recall the noise in that game either, you might be right about prime time games having extra/special mikes. That game also sort of got out of hand for the Texans fairly early, so that might have played a role in the diminished noise.

Believe me, I hope the crowd isn't a big factor, but I am not betting on it. We knocked them out of the playoffs, are undefeated against them historically, and they just got embarrassed on national TV. I think their team and their crowd will be "up" for this game as much as any game.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Don't understand why it's even considered a stretch if the Baltimore Ravens beat the Texans, this is the NFL, some of the worst teams have beaten the best teams this year. So yeah, it's far from a stretch if a SB contender with some injury concerns beats another SB contender, it can happen you know lol.
    I am a Ravens fan and historically positive and feel this would be a huge upset. The Texans are coming off a bad home thrashing. The Ravens defense has not been able to stop the run and enter one of the better rushing teams. The Ravens Oline has been poor and enter one of the leagues best pass rushers. The Ravens have not played well on the road the last few years. I would not be surprised to see the Texans win by double digits. I don't have a lot of faith in the Ravens coordinators. I used to have faith in the DCs but am not convinced Pees can get this thing turned around on defense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by srobert96 View Post
    I am a Ravens fan and historically positive and feel this would be a huge upset. The Texans are coming off a bad home thrashing. The Ravens defense has not been able to stop the run and enter one of the better rushing teams. The Ravens Oline has been poor and enter one of the leagues best pass rushers. The Ravens have not played well on the road the last few years. I would not be surprised to see the Texans win by double digits. I don't have a lot of faith in the Ravens coordinators. I used to have faith in the DCs but am not convinced Pees can get this thing turned around on defense.
    According to your post, the Ravens are 1 - 5... Bc

I don't buy that the Ravens can't play with a lot of crowd noise.

I was at the MNF game in Houston in 2010 where the roof was closed and the noise was unreal and we still came away with a late victory on that Josh Wilson INT. Our offense played well that night, especially in the first half when the noise was at peak level. Our defense were the ones who folded that night.

We always seem to play up or down to any given opponent on the road though.

I predicted a loss here in another thread, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if they sneak out of Texas with a W.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    I hate to say it, but yes. I've been to games with the roof closed and open and it doesn't matter. They way the stadium is built is like a sound chamber that faces down towards the field.

I'd put my top three loudest stadiums in this order ...

1. Seattle
    2. Houston
    3. Baltimore

With Dallas and NOLA as honorable mentions.
    While I could understand the top 3- I've always heard that Dallas has NO home field advantage, and most of the stadium is there just "to be seen", and watch the game on the big TV...

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    According to your post, the Ravens are 1 - 5... Bc
    How do you figure? Ravens are playing arguably the best teams in the AFC on the road. Just because they are 5-1 does not mean they are going to match up well with the Texans.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    I hate to say it, but yes. I've been to games with the roof closed and open and it doesn't matter. They way the stadium is built is like a sound chamber that faces down towards the field.

I'd put my top three loudest stadiums in this order ...

1. Seattle
    2. Houston
    3. Baltimore

With Dallas and NOLA as honorable mentions.
    The guy that designed the Seattle stadium was a genius. The clamshell half-roof on both sides keeps it an open air stadium while keeping 80% of the fans dry from the frequent rains. And the crowd noise gets up in that clamshell and then echoes back downwards towards the field.

Someone blamed the 'Hawks for pumping in crowd noise for a playoff game a few years ago. After having been there for a regular season game (last year vs. Ravens) I can tell you that crowd noise in Seattle is legit.

Quote Originally Posted by cbaywolf View Post
    While I could understand the top 3- I've always heard that Dallas has NO home field advantage, and most of the stadium is there just "to be seen", and watch the game on the big TV...
    I'm only addressing crowd noise.

Houston is loud for college bowl games for crissakes. Crazy!

Seattle? Never been there for football, but the instant digital classic of Lynch vs. NO makes one appreciate how loud and crazy it can get there.

I'm sure just about everyone has seen the clip in some shape or form, but the fan cam starts at 1:08.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrEZe...eature=related

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by srobert96 View Post
    That still doesn't mean that the Ravens have no chance in wining this game, the way this seasons going I would not be surprised if any team beaten any team this week. The Ravens are still one of the best teas in the NFL, and I'm not buying the fact that we can't win on the road, when last year we went 4-4 and beat the number 1 defense in Pittsburgh. Our road record really isn't that bad, infact it's pretty good, people just make a meal out of it because we are just better at home which can be said about all NFL teams.