Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

SI's King Picks Ravens Over Texans Sunday (?!?!?!?)

Baltimore 33, Houston 27, read it here:

Game of the weekend. Maybe the game of the year. No Ray Lewis, no Lardarius Webb, only 70 percent of Haloti Ngata. Which means the Texans are going to score enough points to win. But watch Joe Flacco in this game. I think he'll be on fire, especially with Johnathan Joseph so suspect in the Houston secondary, and especially with Torrey Smith and Jacoby Jones burning up said Houston secondary.
    Kiss of death IMHO, but that's why they play 'em...

(ETA:He also has Cincinnati over Pittsburgh. SMH...& wondering if someone slipped animal tranquilizer into the sugar shaker at his local Starbucks...)
    Last edited by lobachevsky; 10-18-2012 at 07:21 PM.

Re: SI's King Picks Ravens Over Texans Sunday (?!?!?!?)

Wow! That's a ballsy pick.

I would be completely on board with his comments if the game were in Baltimore. But it is a simple fact that our offense struggles with crowd noise. Our OL has to watch the ball and gets no advantage off the line of knowing the snap count (as they do at home). Plus no huddle and/or audibling will be much harder to almost impossible. And all this is more likely to lead to penalties and miscommunications about blocking assignments or routes.

Obviously we can win. But I think if we do, it will be because our defense plays better than people are expecting, and our offense does well but nothing crazy; and we win a 20s-20s game, not a game where we score mid-to-high 30s or more.

As for Cincy beating Pittsburgh, certainly possible, but I wouldn't count on it, especially after Pittsburgh's loss last week. It is at Cincy, so maybe they get up for it, but color me skeptical.

Blog Entries

I dont think either of these are to much of a stretch. We can beat houston with our banged up defense and Cincy will beat Pittsburgh thats not a stretch at all

Blog Entries

Don't understand why it's even considered a stretch if the Baltimore Ravens beat the Texans, this is the NFL, some of the worst teams have beaten the best teams this year. So yeah, it's far from a stretch if a SB contender with some injury concerns beats another SB contender, it can happen you know lol.

Honestly our offense has played pretty well on the road when we have played in big games. It's usually when we are playing a lesser opponent that we struggle.
    360 tag: Ahhhhhhhhnold

Blog Entries

Well, if Joe Flacco plays like a top 5 QB like he says he is and Aaron Rodgers just did, then the team should win.

Of course the Ravens can win this game, but Peter King predicting we will doesn't exactly fill me with confidence. I haven't paid attention to his picks recently but when I did, he was pretty bad (which he admitted himself, to his credit).

Pretty much any time I read something mildly positive written about the Ravens, I always think it's just the media building us up to bring us down, if we lose.
    Self appointed Ravens SuperFan in the southern hemisphere/New Zealand.

Quote Originally Posted by Brtnder81 View Post
    I dont think either of these are to much of a stretch. We can beat houston with our banged up defense and Cincy will beat Pittsburgh thats not a stretch at all
    I agree with this ^^ We CAN beat Houston...have some faith people.

Blog Entries

I see Berger boy got dinged up in practice and has a bad ankle. I'd already picked Cinci because I honestly think Gresham and Green can have their way in that game and the Bengals D can do enough to slow down the pitt O.

As or this game, yeah we can win it.

Blog Entries

Pig Ben the Drama Queen gets "dinged up" from rolling over in bed fer chrissake. I'll believe he's hurt when they roll him off the field on a cart--& even then I'll wonder if he's just milking it for a few minutes' horizontal rest.