Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: SI's King Picks Ravens Over Texans Sunday (?!?!?!?)

Quote Originally Posted by goldenelite28 View Post
    Honestly our offense has played pretty well on the road when we have played in big games. It's usually when we are playing a lesser opponent that we struggle.
    They've scored just 32 points in the 2 road games they've played. That's not a lot of points for the kind of offense that King is describing

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    They've scored just 32 points in the 2 road games they've played. That's not a lot of points for the kind of offense that King is describing
    Not only that lots of posters feel we have to put up 30 to win this game, me included, something we have not done since week #3 last year, on the road that is.

Blog Entries

Does anyone remember last year, week 9 against the number 1 ranked defense Pittsburgh Steelers? Yeah, just saying...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Does anyone remember last year, week 9 against the number 1 ranked defense Pittsburgh Steelers? Yeah, just saying...
    :word

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I second that! I think this team is going to surprise us this Sunday and, even if we lose, I don't think it will be an embarrassing loss but actually quite close.

Quote Originally Posted by Haloti92 View Post
    I would be completely on board with his comments if the game were in Baltimore. But it is a simple fact that our offense struggles with crowd noise. Our OL has to watch the ball and gets no advantage off the line of knowing the snap count (as they do at home). Plus no huddle and/or audibling will be much harder to almost impossible. And all this is more likely to lead to penalties and miscommunications about blocking assignments or routes.
    I absolutely agree that crowd noise has been a factor at times for our offense. KC is a good example (I think the team was flat which made it worse).

However, in watching the game Sunday I was struck by how easily I could hear Aaron Rodgers. Maybe that was SNF having extra parabolic mikes or something, but it didn't appear everything they did was by hand signals. Houston might just not be that loud of a crowd. Anyone know?

Blog Entries

I never really thought of them of being the loudest and more hostile crowds in the league (especially for a roofed stadium). They were really loud in the play offs against Cincy, but apart from that, they've always seemed up and down to me.

Quote Originally Posted by perryw9202 View Post
    I absolutely agree that crowd noise has been a factor at times for our offense. KC is a good example (I think the team was flat which made it worse).

However, in watching the game Sunday I was struck by how easily I could hear Aaron Rodgers. Maybe that was SNF having extra parabolic mikes or something, but it didn't appear everything they did was by hand signals. Houston might just not be that loud of a crowd. Anyone know?
    This will be my third game at Reliant and it's a VERY loud crowd. It's not Seattle loud, but it's very close.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    This will be my third game at Reliant and it's a VERY loud crowd. It's not Seattle loud, but it's very close.
    Louder than M&T? Cause my ears were ringing early in the Patriots game...

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Louder than M&T? Cause my ears were ringing early in the Patriots game...
    I hate to say it, but yes. I've been to games with the roof closed and open and it doesn't matter. They way the stadium is built is like a sound chamber that faces down towards the field.

I'd put my top three loudest stadiums in this order ...

1. Seattle
    2. Houston
    3. Baltimore

With Dallas and NOLA as honorable mentions.

Blog Entries

There's faith and facts, this defense is not good to stop any run game, Forester will go off for a single game record. Birk will not hold up with the inside rush of Watt, we have no pass rush to get to schuabb. Our defense is banged up, our Oline don't do well with premier pass rushers, we won't win this. Its ok though

Who is Forester?

And since when is Watt an up the middle rusher?!?!