Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Is it just me, or is Jimmy Smith always hurt?

So far to me, Jimmy has been a bit of a dissapointment. He does get on the field occassionally, but when he does he always seems to be 10 yards off the dude he's supposed to defend and constantly gets turned around on curls, etc. The biggest knock though is the fact that Jimmy seems to ALWAYS be knicked up in one way or another. There is word coming out from the Ravens camp he has an abdominal issue now and that Chykie Brown may start against the Texans. I won't use the b word for Jimmy yet, but underwhelming is the word that comes to mind for this supposed first round talent.

Flame on.
    Last edited by TCmofo; 10-18-2012 at 03:29 PM.

Blog Entries

Re: Is it just me, or is Jimmy Smith always hurt?

It's just you.

Quote Originally Posted by TCmofo View Post
    So far to me, Jimmy has been a bit of a dissapointment. He does get on the field occassionally, but when he does he always seems to be 10 yards off the dude he's supposed to defend and constantly gets turned around on curls, etc. The biggest knock though is the fact that Jimmy seems to ALWAYS be knicked up in one way or another. There is word coming out from the Ravens camp he has an abdominal issue now and that Chykie Brown may start against the Texans. I won't use the b word for Jimmy yet, but underwhelming is the word that comes to mind for this supposed first round talent.

Flame on.
    Do you have some link about Smith's "abdominal injury"?

Blog Entries

Corners typically take a while to develope into good players. I think it's stupid to criticize him so early and call him a disappointment, as Jamie Hensley has been and is as usual just making sure nobody thinks he's a Ravens homer. Had this been David Decastro next year, you can guarantee Hensley would be defending him.

Quote Originally Posted by RavNMadMan View Post
    Do you have some link about Smith's "abdominal injury"?
    Yep

Webb’s Replacement Injured

Here’s another injured Raven to keep an eye on – cornerback Jimmy Smith, who is expected to fill in for top corner Webb the rest of the season.

Smith did not participate in practice yesterday because of an abdominal injury, which Head Coach John Harbaugh described as minor.

After replacing Webb for nearly three quarters against the Cowboys, Smith then had to come off the field himself, forcing second-year player Chykie Brown to take over in final moments of the nail-biting victory.

Flame on.
    lol, gotta love Thursdays
    "Flacco will never win a Super Bowl in my lifetime" - Lamarr Woodley, Squealers LB<-- what Flacco stares at before every game

When Smith is playing he has not been a disappointment to me, but it is true he has been banged up a lot. However, it's way too early in his career to label him as injury-prone. I still think he'll turn out to be a solid cornerback.

Blog Entries

I think he left the game last week and did not return. He did make a great play while he was in.
    Yeah he's had a lot of bumps and minor things but he's young. In time he should be a solid player.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

I wasn't trying to stir up the hornets nest. Just thought about all the times he has been banged up since last year in spot duty. What happens when he becomes a full time starter? My dissapointment comment tends to lean towards not being able to beat out Cary Williams for the number 2 spot. Cary did have a good season last year, but as with all secondaries, he benefitted from a revitalized pass rush last year...this year not so much.

Blog Entries

I wasn't trying to stir up the hornets nest. Just thought about all the times he has been banged up since last year in spot duty. What happens when he becomes a full time starter? My dissapointment comment tends to lean towards not being able to beat out Cary Williams for the number 2 spot. Cary did have a good season last year, but as with all secondaries, he benefitted from a revitalized pass rush last year...this year not so much.
    Jimmy Smith is still only in his second year, and like I said, it takes a while for corners to develope into good players. He may have had some minor injuries through out his short career so far, but it's nothing close to what a lot of young players/rookies get, at least he hasn't been on IR or anything like that.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    at least he hasn't been on IR or anything like that.
    Yeah....Dan Cody he is not....

One day I would love for one of these "doesn't (insert player here) suck" threads to start out with.....

"I just got done watching the all 22 tape, play by play, so I could get an accurate assessment of a how (insert defensive back here) played so far this year, because it is impossible from the TV feed and I came to the conclusion that.............