Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Bernard Pollard: 1) Don't blame Pees; We haven't been executing. 2) Things are going to change on D.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ge-on-defense/

"Don’t blame the coach. Don’t blame the coach because the coach doesn’t play. Dean has made great calls. It’s about us going out there and executing. We have not been executing,” Pollard said, via Josh Land of MASNSports.com. “We are tough and physical. Nobody can question the abilities that we have. We get pressure in the backfield. We had guys in the backfield numerous times, we just did not tackle, we did not execute. I think for us, like I said, we take that personally."

Pollard also vowed that things are going to change.
    My Ravens Blog: Brittany Rants About Football
    Ravens-Redskins: Dissecting the Final Drive

"The days are long. But the years are short." - John Harbaugh

Re: Bernard Pollard: 1) Don't blame Pees; We haven't been executing. 2) Things are going to change on D.

My eyes are waiting...

Re: Bernard Pollard: 1) Don't blame Pees; We haven't been executing. 2) Things are going to change on D.

I guess the bright spot is someone is speaking out and taking ownership of the big problems on defense. Kudos to Pollard

Blog Entries

Great to hear him speak out; with Ray out he can be one of the leaders on that D. I have a feeling it could start this week. If they can hold against the run and get a couple of turnovers they can certainly win the game. Hope the other guys feel the same way.

"We have to take a stand. Two weeks in a row, 200 freaking yards rushing? We have to take a stand on what we do. We have to walk out there with pride. We have to play pissed off. We have to. It's a must. ... We have to support our offense and special teams getting the ball back to them. We cannot continue to ask our offense to go out there and put together these 35-, 40-point games. We can't continue to do that, because it's one-sided. We aren't helping them."

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Great to hear him speak out; with Ray out he can be one of the leaders on that D. I have a feeling it could start this week. If they can hold against the run and get a couple of turnovers they can certainly win the game. Hope the other guys feel the same way.
    Didn't Houston let him go in FA? Maybe he made his statement last year, but maybe he wants to go back down there and make another.

Blog Entries

Our Defensive Coordinator was going into the jewelry business before coming to the Ravens. He was going to call his store "Pees and Carats" ... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    I guess the bright spot is someone is speaking out and taking ownership of the big problems on defense. Kudos to Pollard
    Right after the game Aaron Wilson was tweeting Ngata's comments. They were very similar to what Pollard is saying. Ngata said that right now our defense sucks and the players are the ones who have to change it. He was very upset about giving up more than 200 yards rushing in back to back games. Hope they all get mad and don't let it happen a 3rd game in a row.

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    My eyes are waiting...
    Why would you doubt this? We have had the best defense in the league for the past ~6 years. We have only gotten better.

Im pretty sure the players take this personally.

Blog Entries
    I really like Pollard. I like his tenacity and I think outside of Suggs he is probably the best candidate for an on field leader with Ray out for a while.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Pollard is a born Raven. He's going to be one of the leaders of this defense for years to come. I'm glad they're getting angry, but you know the old adage... talk is cheap.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I really like Pollard. I like his tenacity and I think outside of Suggs he is probably the best candidate for an on field leader with Ray out for a while.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Sorry, but Ed Reed is second in command after Ray Lewis, as much as I like Pollard.

Blog Entries

This is good to hear. I hope we see it. This is the game to see it. If Houston gets close to 200 yards on the ground, I have a tough time seeing us win the game. Flacco would have to turn out to be the reincarnation of Unitas and Otto Graham to pull it off.

We're going to have win with offense, but even the teams that have done it that way through the years have to be able to force punts, get turnovers, and and at least keep the other offense from keeping up. The good news is our defense is fairly good in the red zone. The bad news is they don't do a good job of staying out of the red zone. We need more pass rush and better tackling. As Pollard said, the scheme has been putting players in position to make a play. They just haven't consistently made the play. Multiple times against the Cowboys there were opportunities to make a big play and it didn't happen.

Tackling is down around the league, but that's not a good excuse. Fine, so the new CBA limits contact practice. I don't think it limits working with tackling dummies. Tackling is a fundamental skill. It's a learned, mechanical process. Whether it's practicing hitting through the QB for a sack/QB hit or making an open field tackle, you can work on the mechanical process with a tackling dummy.