Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: DirectTV - Sunday Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by PodunkExpress View Post
    Anybody interested in Satellite TV should do themselves a favor and do a google search for "Free-To-Air".
    Some technologies are worth it for free. Sunrocket just took a crap and I just reprogrammed my Gizmo, got free internet phone service through Gizmo Project, and then a free local number through Grand Central, and now I've got a free landline instead of the $25 a month I was paying Sunrocket.

However, "free to air" stations are not transmitting HD NFL Network and 150 other channels for free. Not an option!

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisQ View Post
    Ravens 2007 Hi-Def schedule:

Week 1 - Baltimore @ Cincinatti 7:00 p.m. (ESPN HD)
    Week 2 - N.Y. Jets @ Baltimore, 4:15 p.m. (CBS HD)
    Week 4 - Baltimore @ Cleveland, 1:00 p.m. (CBS HD)
    Week 5 - Baltimore @ San Francisco, 4:15 p.m. (CBS HD)
    Week 7 - Baltimore @ Buffalo, 1:00 p.m. (CBS HD)
    Week 9 - Baltimore @ Pittsburgh, 8:30 p.m. (ESPN HD)
    Week 10 - Cincinnati @ Baltimore, 4:05 p.m. (CBS HD)
    Week 11 - Cleveland @ Baltimore, 1:00 p.m. (CBS HD)
    Week 12 - Baltimore @ San Diego, 4:15 p.m. (CBS HD)
    Week 13 - New England @ Baltimore, 8:30 p.m. (ESPN HD)
    Week 15 - Baltimore @ Miami, 1:00 p.m. (CBS HD)
    Week 16 - Baltimore @ Seattle, 4:15 p.m. (CBS HD)
    Week 17 - Pittsburgh @ Baltimore, 1:00 p.m. (CBS HD)
    Where did you get that? In previos years, CBS didnt decide which games would be in hd but 2 weeks in advance. That scheldual, if true, would rock!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Boh View Post
    on another note, I just got Directv yesterday, after cancelling comcast. I got sick of the fact that almost 1 in 10 times I actually went downstairs to watch my HD, it was a mess of pixels. Then my box broke all together, and the guy who came out didnt have the right replacement. Next day, he never showed up like he said he would. Next week, the other guy didnt have the right box either. Told me to go to the office and switch it out myself. I cancelled.
    But I'm not too happy with Directv, the color seems washed out. I've adjusted my tv settings, and its helped a little, but everything has a yellow tinge to it. Anyone else have this problem?
    I think it's your tv dude. Ive had directtv for 6 years now- and have never had any problems with it. My only issue with the superfan was that I still couldnt watch the Ravens in HD- so I dont pay for that. If they have indeed fixed that with CBS- I may reconsider.

As for needing internet- directtv offers internet as well. i dont use it myself- but ive heard it works well and is fast...
    "Sorry officer, nothing wrong here. I'm just watching the Ravens game!"

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisQ View Post
    Some technologies are worth it for free. Sunrocket just took a crap and I just reprogrammed my Gizmo, got free internet phone service through Gizmo Project, and then a free local number through Grand Central, and now I've got a free landline instead of the $25 a month I was paying Sunrocket.

However, "free to air" stations are not transmitting HD NFL Network and 150 other channels for free. Not an option!
    I've been watching a ton of MLB baseball games in HD with my FTA reciever this summer!

So for FTA do i need to buy the $200 reciever and how much is the antenna?

btw I have directv, this just seem sreally interesting

For you DirectTV owners....what do you do for Internet service? Verizon? Comcast? If you have Comcast I'd be intersted on what they charge you just for HSI.
    M&T Bank Stadium - Section 513
    Proud Season Ticket Holder since 1998

update on the "yellow" tinge problem- loose component cable. now i just need to figure out why i'm not getting my local hd channels and i'll be happy with directv.
    The whole experience does make me wonder how many out there have HD boxes that are set to a lower res hd and dont know it.

Where did you get that? In previos years, CBS didnt decide which games would be in hd but 2 weeks in advance. That scheldual, if true, would rock!
    I read it wrong :(

Only the first 2 weeks on CBS have been decided. I thought the CBS list was a list of HD games. It's just a list of all the games they show this year.

Original Post edited.

http://www.sportsline.com/cbssports/schedules/page/nfl

http://www.hdsportsguide.com/nfl.php
    Last edited by ChrisQ; 08-24-2007 at 09:49 AM.

update on the "yellow" tinge problem- loose component cable. now i just need to figure out why i'm not getting my local hd channels and i'll be happy with directv.
    The whole experience does make me wonder how many out there have HD boxes that are set to a lower res hd and dont know it.
    I had mine installed this week. Same problem, but noticed it while the installer was there. It sets up to default on 480i. Need to de-select 480i then select 1080i. Problem solved for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens0587 View Post
    So for FTA do i need to buy the $200 reciever and how much is the antenna?

btw I have directv, this just seem sreally interesting
    Ravens0587,

If you want HD you'll need a $400 receiver the standard def receivers cost around $150. Check out the future-fta.info forums there is a ton of good information there for people just starting out. You can use your existing directTV dish but you may want to buy a used Dish500 setup(ebay-$25) and point it at the Canadian Birds. That's what I do!

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

For you DirectTV owners....what do you do for Internet service? Verizon? Comcast? If you have Comcast I'd be intersted on what they charge you just for HSI.
    Bez, as you know I live in Westminster, we got DSL through Verizon about 1 year ago, it took a long time to get it in our neighborhood. We are not in "the sticks" either.

We also have DirecTV. I don't have HD, I just have regular receivers with TiVo on the living room TV. I am quite happy with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Bez, as you know I live in Westminster, we got DSL through Verizon about 1 year ago, it took a long time to get it in our neighborhood. We are not in "the sticks" either.

We also have DirecTV. I don't have HD, I just have regular receivers with TiVo on the living room TV. I am quite happy with them.
    Yeah...every time I go to their site and plug in my phone #, address or the address of the older house at the end of my street it says its not available. I just think I'm too far from the CO to get DSL.
    M&T Bank Stadium - Section 513
    Proud Season Ticket Holder since 1998